“Extremely charming hotel with excellent service”

Rugantino Hotel Boutique
Ranked #199 of 446 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Stockholm
“Extremely charming hotel with excellent service”
Reviewed 2 January 2013

We spent four nights in this hotel and couldn't be more satisfied. We got a very charming room with a view over the terrace. The room was always clean, spacious and nicely decorated. The staff were super friendly all the time. We had a room with a window towards the street but weren't at all disturbed by traffic or music. The location couldn't be better, in beautiful Palermo, close to everything and with lots of great restaurants to choose from. We can warmly recommend Rugantino!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 29 December 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights at the end of our trip to Argentina. I highly recommend staying at this lovely hotel. We were in room 7, which is has a double bed and a single bed, so it was quite spacious for us. The common areas/breakfast room were elegant and comfortable also.The staff were incredibly nice and helpful, and they speak excellent English. They will answer all your questions about local activities and places to go. The breakfast was great; fresh squeezed juice, good coffee, and more than just the usual medialunas (though the medialunas were great!) I liked the location, which is in Palermo; you can easily walk to many nice cafes and restaurants, and the subte station is not far either. It is also easy to hail a taxi from any nearby street. If I am in Buenos Aires again, I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 26 November 2012

I arrived very late on a Sunday night and spent four nights at this lovely hotel. The room was clean, comfortable, private and very quiet. The hotel is in easy walking distance to restaurants and shopping in Palermo. What made this hotel a great place to stay were the caring, friendly and helpful staff who offered lots of suggestions on where to go and getting around. A good breakfast with good coffee and freshly squeezed juice. Great value for money.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Vicki W
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 4 May 2012

I spent two nights at this little but very charming hotel, I wished it was longer. The house is very beautiful and the terrace very pretty, perfect for enjoying the sun and a great view of Palermo viejo. The hotel is very close to many restaurants and the subway station, so that you can enjoy walking around Palermo. The highlight of the hotel is the atmosphere, full of nice details, and the great team, they were always very helpful and lovely. I will stay there every time I have the chance to go to Buenos Aires again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
California
Reviewed 23 April 2012

This hotel is one of two places we have stayed in BA. It has good security and a great location close to transportation and many restaurants. Our room was clean and comfortable. What made the hotel excellent was the service which was welcoming, friendly and super helpful. All desk staff spoke English and Spanish. They provide maps and advice on anything you can need. The building itself is very charming on the inside. Breakfast was better than most places in Argentina with a few more choices than just instant coffee and a medialuna. If we are in BA we will stay here again. The price was good for the value.

Room Tip: Ask for one off the street. Any where in BA can be noisy on the weekend.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank SCtripchick
Corvallis, Oregon
Reviewed 23 April 2012

This hotel could be excellent if you have the right room and stay on the right nights. The staff and common areas are amazing. The location is fantastic and it feels like a little oasis in the city. The pictures of the rooms that you see on the internet are for the rooms at the top or that face the street (I think it is 4,5,8 and 9). The other rooms are much smaller and have windows that face the stairwell and must be closed for privacy. They are fine rooms, but are definitely not what you would expect from the web site. The one thing that really made me give this hotel a lower rating is that it shares a wall with a night club that stays open until 5 am on the weekends. I stayed here on a Thursday night with no problem. But on Friday night, my room shared a wall with the night club and the music was vibrating my room and I could here every word in the songs. If you are not planning to partake in the nightlife in Palermo and if sleep is important to you, then I would recommend talking with the hotel in advance to make sure that you get a room that does not share a wall with the bar. I know that bars and night clubs are common in Palermo, but this one shares a wall with the club, which made sleep impossible. I had to check out early and go to another hotel a few blocks away, where I had no problems.

Overall, I think I would have given a much higher rating if I had a different room and stayed here only during the week. If that is the case, I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Stay at the top (8 or 9, I think) or facing the street (4 or 5, I think). Room 4 is probably the be...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank ToddyD
Carlo D, Propietario at Rugantino Hotel Boutique, responded to this review, 12 September 2012
We thank you for the positive comments in many respects. I agree with you that Rugantino Hotel could be excellent because it is our desire to continuously improve our service and we hope that our customers choose Rugantino Hotel for the warm atmosphere and atention to details.

The hotel was once a house built in the 1920´s. As such, every room is different. Rooms #1 and #7 are the largest and room #6 measures similarly to #8 and #9. The only room that is considerably smaller is #3, intended for only one guest.

The noise that affects three rooms, an event that only occurs three or four times a month, can be solved by earplugs at the disposal of our guests. We are sorry that you had trouble sleeping, but it may be an exaggeration to say that the room was vibrating.

Once again, we are grateful for your kind words and courteous critque.
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Every staff member was very helpful in our trip planning as well with any questions we had about the area -- fluent in English and Spanish. They also seemed to be waiting at the front desk every time we returned which was a welcome sight. Great location within easy walking distance of everything.

Rooms were clean and more than adequate. Beds left a little to be desired but to be fair we had just left the Sheraton in the business district where you are sleeping on a cloud.

Would not only stay here again but would go out of my way to try to book there on a return trip.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends