“Wonderful boutique hotel in beautiful area of Palermo”

Rugantino Hotel Boutique
Ranked #196 of 451 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Wonderful boutique hotel in beautiful area of Palermo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2011

We traveled with our 7 and 9 year old and got the triple above the office (the 7 year old never minds sleeping on the floor, but we did use the toddler mattress they offered). This room used to be the playroom of the family that owned the house before the Italian family purchased and renovated it. It is beautiful - wood furnishings, floor and window settings - overlooks the lush, flowered courtyard. It feels like you are in a country villa with the combination of brick, wood and bougainvilla.

The Italian owners and their Argentinian staff are very friendly and helpful - they even shared some mate with us.

The section of town is perfect if you want to be in Palermo, the tree-lined, residential section of town for middle and upper middle class families. Families, pensioners, single women and men walk the streets at all times of day and evening. It´s very safe, and it´s a nice walk to Plaza Serrano and Palermo Viejo. Ask about the family steak restaurant down the street for the locals. It opens at 8:30pm, has a tiny store front that is not signed, and has wonderful parrilla at good prices with a homey atmosphere. (0% English, so make sure to get recommendations from Gaston at Rugantino).

Hire a remise from the airport for 150 pesos.

B.A. was the first stop on our South American tour, and Hotel Rugantino was the perfect introduction. I would recommend it for families, couples or individuals who like boutique hotels.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2010

When I returned to BA my friends and I were recommended this hotel by our previous accomodation owners - Adobe Hotel. This place was very pretty with a beautiful rooftop terrace and inside garden area. The rooms are clean and simple although not too large. Breakfasts are good too. Well worth staying and I would definitely return if Abode is not available.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
Amarillo, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2010

My sister and I selected the Rugantino based on on-line searches. We wanted a small, family-run bed and breakfast not far from the city center. Two of my sister's friends also booked a room there. The hotel is located within walking distance to the Subte (subway), ATM's, many restaurants, artist galleries, and boutique shopping. Tango clubs are also nearby in the Palermo Viejo district. Carlo, Nicola, and Andrea were wonderful hosts, professional and giving great suggestions for dining, shopping, sightseeing, and walking. The hotel is an old, multi-story, renovated city home, with a European-style breakfast, is tastefully furnished and clean. The courtyard is an oasis in the city. Some plumbing may need adjusting or replacing. There is a private club next door that can have parties on weekends with some noise. Otherwise, the hotel is quiet and relaxing. All four of us were very pleased with the service, price, breakfast, rooms, and hosts.

• Stayed September 2010
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2010

I stayed at Rugantino for a week, I was looking for a confortable and familiar place in Palermo. It is well located, close to many restaurants and shops, and the neighborhood is very safe for women travelling alone.
The bedroom was ok, warm enough during the cold nights (good heater), and the linens were always clean and fresh.
The most special thing you'll find here is the attention given by the staff, Nicola and Andrea are always friendly and helpul, they do their best for the comfort of the guests.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2010

My husband and I have travel all over the place and and this was the most welcoming and lovely hotel in a fantastic location. We stayed here for three nights over the Christmas holiday and were so sad when we had to leave. When we arrived here we instantly felt welcome - more so than any hotel or hostel I have stayed in. The hotel is run by a father and son. The rooms were perfect size and very romantic with big windows. They serve breakfast until late which is nice so you can sleep in. They were so helpful with any questions we had even offering to call the airline for us to help rearrange our flight. I cannot recommend this wonderful hotel enough and cannot wait to return.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sbb123
Miami
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2009

This is a small hotel run by father and son, who are very helpful and friendly. They helped us find the best restaurants, best tango show, and couldn't have been more friendly. STAY HERE. This is a great neighborhood, great hotel, and you won't find better at this price. Right now, we are getting ready to toast the new year with other guests and father and son- I can't think of anywhere else in Buenos Aires you would rather be.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
montreal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2009

I stayed there more then 7 nights in nov-dec 2009. At first, I was disappointed with my room since I had booked a superior room and the one I got was not my taste. But I got another room 3 days later and it was better. Still, it was clean and comfortable.

All beds comfortable. No bugs. All linens fresh with a clean laundry smell ! No bad surprise. Still, not luxury ... and a little far from the center. I preferred staying in San telmo. But I recommand this hotel. At 70$ / nignt (single), this was a sure bet !

• Stayed November 2009, travelled solo