“Wow. Most amazing fit out!”
Review of Pozo Santo - CLOSED

Pozo Santo
Cuisines: Peruvian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Palermo
Brisbane, Australia
“Wow. Most amazing fit out!”
Reviewed 15 January 2012

Had a great dinner here. The restaurant itself is just beautiful. Food was good, service good and not too expensive but at the higher end for BA. Not a tourist spot which is nice. No English on the menu though so you need a bit of help.

• Visited January 2012

Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Not worth it anymore . . . too bad.”
Reviewed 15 September 2011

Having been to this restaurant 8 or 10 times in the past 2 years, I wish I can say that this was just an "off night", but I have a feeling that isn't the case.

First off. . .the prices have gone up at least 30% since we first starting dining there. Ok . . .that is par for the course here in BsAs these days but that doesn't mean quality has to suffer as well.

Although I will say one thing in their favor . .the pisco sours are still some of the best I have ever tasted. . .and at AR$40 a pop, I am sure glad their quality hasn't suffered.

I have said for quite some time that their ceviche was some of the best. . .if not THE best . . . here in town. While still tasty, for AR$65 I felt like I was eating a bowl of corn with fish instead of the other way around. I guess that is how they can get around not raising their prices even more. . .just keep adding corn to bulk up the dish.

We ordered costillas de cordero to split which came with a choice of 3 different potatoes. We asked for the croquetes de papa but the waiter didn't recommend them and suggested the fries instead. While the portion was large, definitely a good idea to split, the lamb chops were not consistently cooked. We asked for them rare and while 1 of mine was done just right, the other was way more than medium with a grey color instead of juicy red.

We had asked for the fries very crispy and what came out the first time was practically inedible. We sent them back to be cooked more and who knows what they did with them but basically the same bowl of mushy fries came back out a few minutes later.

Moments after asking for the check I realized I hadn't given them my Club Nacion discount card. You see, on Tuesday and Wednesday nights, I gather notoriously slow nights, they offer a 40% discount on your total bill when you present your card. When they arrived with the bill I immediately handed them my discount card and my ID but was told that since I had not presented the card BEFORE asking for my bill, they would not honor the discount. Something about having it already in the system, yet the bill that was presented to me was hand written. No matter who we spoke with . . . waiter, matre'd, front door person . . .they were not going to change their mind. I mean really, they couldn't say . . .just this time we will do it because you didn't know but next time be sure to present it first.. . . blah blah blah. So what should have been about a AR$310 meal for two (pricey no matter how you look at it) was instead OVER AR$500.

Sorry guys. . with prices going up, up, up and apparent quality and "customer service" going down, down, down . . . for me, it just isn't worth it anymore.

• Visited September 2011
Recife, PE
“Worth a visit”
Reviewed 31 July 2011

Pozo Santo makes a wonderful first impression - the ambiance and design of the restaurant are really fantastic. I really do not know if things changed, but overall we had a very good experience. The service was professional and very courteous, I can even affirm that it was one of the best in BsAs. The food was very, very good. I tried the “sopa de camarones”, a shrimp risotto with a wonderful taste. I am not sure if we were lucky, but I really recommend Pozo Santo!

• Visited July 2011
Moscow, Russia
“They spoiled my wedding and gifted me cucarachas!”
Reviewed 2 March 2011

Friends, I think I spent in this restaurant more time than other tourists here. We decided to celebrate our wedding at this place. To say the truth we were really charmed by the ambiance and design at the first time. That's true. The place has charm. BUT the service is lausy. One of the waiters was really drunk during our event. He was giving us recommendation about the music and forgot to clean the tables. They CHEATED us with food we paid for, later with wines and corkage fee. They made us to pay for all bottles we brought to the place. And as it turned out they used their wines instead. And we still had to pay. Later when I opened one of the boxes with wine, it was FULL of cucarachas!!! You can imagine what happens in their kitchen.

So take care! Take a look at the design and go to Sipan - really great peruanian restaurant.

• Visited January 2011
Kettering, Ohio
“Have a drink and go somewhere else for dinner”
Reviewed 6 February 2011

The pisco sour was truly excellent, but then things went downhill fast. The restaurant is beautiful with Andean art decorating the walls. The lighting was dimmed and romantic, but we needed flashlights to read the menu. Service was polite and adequate. But the food was a major disappointment. The shrimp in my ceviche was somehow dehydrated, definitely not fresh, and the lamb was well overcooked and way too chewy. Prices reflected the excellent ambience of the restaurant but were well beyond the value of the dinner or of the overall experience.

• Visited February 2011