“A truly boutique hotel”

Duque Hotel Boutique & Spa
Ranked #12 of 442 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Enjoyed every minute at Duque Hotel. Service is top notch, helping us in all arrangements we needed. Breakfast buffet is very nice, lots of delicious options. And the way it is served makes you feel at home. I was travelling with my family and sometimes I really imagined myself at home, not at an hotel. Location is good in a quiet street, but not excellent. Since it's far from the city center, it means you will need transportation for most tourist attractions. There are great restaurants within a 15-20 minute walk from the hotel, not exactly a short walk. I recommend going to "La Cabrera".

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,385)

Reviewed 13 November 2013

The reviews on Expedia where not wrong, this place is a gem. From the moment I arrived all the staff were friendly and more than happy to help and advise me on anything I needed. I went to BA to explore and the hotel was perfect for that. Situated in Palermo with lots of steak houses and only 10 min walk to the metro, the location was ideal. The room was clean and the breakfast very good. Thankfully the wifi was free and available in the rooms as well. I hope I go back to BA and I would stay there again. Thank you Raquel, Ava, Roberto and Carlos for making my trip all the more memorable.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank YakubuB
duque4364, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Duque Hotel Boutique & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2013

Dear YakibuB,
Thank you for posting such nice comments on your recent stay at the Duque.
I am glad you had a relaxing vacation in Buenos Aires. My team is grateful for your recognition and look forward to welcoming you back!
I look forward to your next visit and remain at your service.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Unfortunately, the Hotel was only available for a couple days of our stay in BA. They adopted us right away. The floor to the elevator was being refinished — everything seems to have a fresh coat of paint on it — but Roberto insisted on lugging our heavy bags up the stairs as we checked out the room. All the recently-educated staff seemed to have "USA-accents." Their restaurant recommendations are fairly knowledgeable as well.

Ours had a little private patio area that was great for al fresco laptop interludes. The handy desk was great to setup the second computer. One downside was the temperamental wi-fi — folks should really try to use Ethernet when it's practical — but the implementation of new nodes is probably recent and likely to have the issues ironed-out soon.

The Spa in the sub level is a real bonus. One hint: the elevator goes to the Spa level, through the rear door, so you don't have to wander through the lobby in yer skimpies. That is, unless you really want to…

Nothing like a couple poached eggs on the toasted bread, cheese and ham in the morning. The espresso machine is fairly cool. My favorite caper was to get a regular size cup — least it overflow — and hit the curtado button, then add the espresso button after. Don't tell anyone…

I didn't get a chance to check out the night scene at the Duque. Mebbe next time…

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear valued guest,
Thank you for sharing such encouraging feedback on your recent visit to Duque.
I am truly grateful for the detailed account of your stay which you provided as this is a helpful tool for us.
I am truly pleased to know you enjoyed our breakfast as we are continuously working on new ways to enhance our breakfast experience.
I look forward to having you back at the Duque soon and remain at your service.
Sincerely, Roberto.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

My family and I were very pleased with the Duque Hotel. The front desk staff (24 hours) were all extrememly friendly. The hotel is very clean and nicely decorated; the overall atmosphere is relaxed.
Our room was small but comfortable and clean; the bathroom was pretty good, although the shower stall leaked water onto the floor. We really appreciated the hotel providing in addition to the usual shampoo/conditioner/lotion, a razor and shaving cream and a toothbrush and toothpaste - nice touches. The water in the mini is a little on the expensive side, so you're better off buying some bottles yourself. We never heard any bothersome noise.
It was not warm enough to use the pool, but the pool and pool area were beautifully appointed. The huge indoor jacuzzi was wonderful and felt very private (we never encountered anyone else using it). The included breakfast was nice, fairly standard for a European-style boutique hotel: coffee and pastries (available 24 hrs), cheese and meats, breads and jams, sweets, and lovely fruit salad (and a few other things). They offer eggs made to order.
The location was good, within a couple of blocks of nice restaurants and a beautful plaza.
Overall we were very happy with the Duque and would definitely reccomend it.

Room Tip: Our room was on floor 2 and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear valued guest,
Thank you for sharing such detailed feedback on your recent visit to Duque.
I look forward to having you back at the Duque soon and remain at your service.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

We didn't know it but the area of Palermo with its restaurants and markets turned out to be our favorite in Buenos Aires and the Duque Hotel was just perfect. Our trip was a mix of work and pleasure and we walked the city as much as we could. The small spa with it's hot tub was an excellent way to end the day and the staff was brilliant at helping out in any way they could.

The rooms were clean and comfortable with free wifi. This is definitely a hotel I would recommend to anyone and if I get a chance to return to BA I shall absolutely insist on staying there.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 12shoes
duque4364, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Duque Hotel Boutique & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Thank you for your most generous feedback on your recent stay at the Duque.
I look forward to welcoming you back soon and remain at your service.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

My husband and I recently spent a week in Buenos Aires ; we stayed @ the Duque Hotel..We had a wonderful experience there--the location is perfect-a few short blocks to subway, rooms tastefully decorated and very clean..most importantly-the hotel staff was incredible..They went out of their way to assist, make us feel comfortable, frequently reminded us-" this is your home "..I want to particularly mention Eva and Raquel---they were wonderful..This hotel is a gem !!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank 1118g

Dear valued guest,
Thank you for posting such nice comments on your recent stay at the Duque.
I am glad you had a relaxing vacation in Buenos Aires. My team is grateful for your recognition and look forward to welcoming you back.
I look forward to your next visit and remain at your service.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

If you are looking for a hotel in Palermo and you like unique, boutique hotels, this is a great option. It is in a very good location, the rooms are well appointed and quiet and there is a lovely pool garden out the back, creating a sense of air, space and light in a small property. The included breakfast is good (it is not always in our Argentinian experience) but none of this would sell me on a hotel unless the staff are friendly.
And they are - big time. From Roberto and the evening men to Raquel and the daytime ladies, they are more like helpful and respectful friends than hotel functionaries. Anything you need they are there to help with good suggestions for food, shopping, walking and general BA fun.
I would stay there again in a heartbeat. We loved everything about Argentina and staying here for a couple of days at the end of our trip added a cherry on the top.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Michael B

Dear guest,
Thank you for sharing your recent experience at The Duque.
I am pleased to know you enjoyed your recent stay at our beautiful property. My colleagues are proud to know they made a lasting impression on you as this is what they pride themselves in.
I hope you will return in the near future and remain at your service.
Sincerely, Roberto