“Gorgeous boutique hotel & spa, excellent service”

Duque Hotel Boutique & Spa
Ranked #14 of 440 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Stay: 4 nights in July 2013
Room: Deluxe Room
Price: US$135 per night

Pro: Parisian charm, free use of spa, convenient location, excellent breakfast, great service (fluent English).
Con: None.

It's been a while since my stay, so the memory isn't fresh. Still, the name of the hotel brings to mind pleasant memories. The highlights among them, in no particular order, are:

1. The front desk staff are friendly and really helpful. They speak excellent English, too.
We had to check out at 3 AM due to a very inconvenient flight booking situation. Not only did the front desk staff took care of wake-up call, luggage, taxi, etc, they even arranged to have some breakfast (fruit, yogurt, muesli, etc) prepared for us.

2. The breakfast, included in the daily rate, is lovely. We can order to have the eggs cooked to our liking.

3. Decor - the hotel, in every detail, is tastefully decorated. It's comfortable, charming, modern and a bit luxurious.

3. Facilities
Perfect wi-fi got our basic needs covered. The spa and sauna is the icing on the cake - so good to have after a long day exploring the busy BA city.

4. Location
In the city's Soho district, this hotel is centrally located and less than 10 minutes walk to a subway station. Plenty of restaurants in the neighbourhood.

Conclusion:
We enjoyed our stay in Buenos Aires, but to our surprise and delight, this little hotel is one of the best parts. We heard tour guides telling us about the by-gone days of Argentinian sophistication and luxury, but this delightful boutique hotel actually allowed us to experience that.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
duque4364, Public Relations Manager at Duque Hotel Boutique & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at The Duque.
I am pleased to know you enjoyed your recent stay at our beautiful property. My colleagues are proud to know they made a lasting impression on you as this is what they pride themselves in.
And we are so happy to hear that you enjoyed everything we had to offer, from the hotels decor to our breakfast! I hope you will return in the near future and remain at your service.

Roberto.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,394)

Reviewed 18 December 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Duque Hotel for 3 nights after returning from Antarctica. It was located in a great, central spot within Palermo. We could pretty much walk anywhere, and it wasn't too hard to flag down a taxi if we needed to go anywhere far.

The hotel is a small, but charming boutique hotel. It's contemporarily decorated in some aspects, but with a bit of old, French charm.The staff was pretty helpful in providing suggestions, and they provided us with a map. The front door to the hotel is locked and you have to ring a doorbell to get in. We found that during the day it was always easy to get in, but at night, sometimes we had to ring the bell several times to get someone to answer the door. In one instance, we waited almost 10 minutes. So that was a little bit frustrating.

Our room was only okay. We got a room with a 'king bed' but it was certainly smaller than our king bed at home. We double-checked with the front desk but they assured us that we didn't have the smallest room. The room (Room 104) itself overall was a bit small and located in an area of the hotel with a small window that did not face an area to the sun. It at times felt a little gloomy and dark. Thank goodness we were out and about and did not have to stay there for very long. For a bit of one afternoon, we went to the pool area. Even though it was extremely hot outside, the pool was extremely cold. Conversely, we went down to check out the jacuzzi and it was scalding hot (42 degrees celsius). Would advise hotel management to adjust the temperatures, as we nearly burned ourselves just trying to test it out.

The one good thing was the breakfast. There was a great spread every day (breads, cheeses, meats, fruits, pies), and you do get a choice of made-to-order eggs. There's unlimited coffee and tea all day. The coffee from the espresso machine was excellent.

We loved BA, but we only felt okay about this hotel. If we ever went back, I think we'd try to stay somewhere different.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share such helpful feedback on your recent experience at The Duque.

We continuously strive for consistency and find it highly displeasing to learn that we did not provide one of our guests with the service we pride ourselves in. I have discussed your comments with my management team and we have immediately addressed these areas.I am truly grateful for the detailed account of your stay which you provided as this is a helpful tool for us.
I look forward to welcoming you back soon and remain at your service.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

Clean rooms and helpful staff. The spa was small and the only meal avaiable in the hotel was breakfast. That being said there were numerous local restaurants within walking distance. Overall an excellent value. Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Buenos Aires.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I just returned from BA after I spent almost 3 weeks in Patagonia. I have started and finished the trip in BA staying in Duque hotel. I have to start saying that I did pick up the hotel very much based on TA reviews. Not surprisingly, I am another one who says "bravo" to the hotel's staff. Because as many other reviewers said, this is what makes the difference. Absolutely fantastic staff! Nothing was a problem. Lots of suggestions and ideas, every question answered….The hotel is perfectly located in Palermo Soho with plenty of restaurants and bars just around the corner. One may think it is disadvantage to stay outside of the microcentro. Not really. I have even walked from the hotel to Puerto Madero and to Recoleta. Yes, it is a walk. But nothing matched walking streets of BA covered with beautiful trees seeing all the various parts of the city. The staff has recommended Don Julio restaurant only few blocks from the hotel. What a tip! It matched easily the best "parilla" (at least by books) in the city called Las Lillas (Puerto Madero) which I tried as well (again, booking was made by the hotel's staff. I was returning to Duque from Patagonia and it was like returning home. So, clearly, if I ever get back to BA (and I am sure I will return) I will not search for any other place. Many thanks to all staff at the reception. And big thank you to the manager of the hotel who sent me to the right place in the city to buy Lagomarsino hat.

Room Tip: De lux room overlooking the street
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Peter3489
duque4364, Public Relations Manager at Duque Hotel Boutique & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Dear Peter,

First of all we would like to thank you for letting us be a part of your recent experience in Buenos Aires, it was a great pleasure having you as our guest. We are thrilled to hear that you loved the hotel, all of our services and vecinities. My team is grateful for your recognition and look forward to welcoming you back.
I look forward to your next visit and remain at your service.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

From the moment we saw the Duque from the taxi we knew that we loved it. We were not disappointed. The staff were amazing, the rooms were comfortable, the breakfast was great, the coffee was always available. We swam in the pool, & luxuriated in the spa, & the shower by the spa was amazing. Lift access from the spa was great as you could go straight to your room without having to go through the public area. The housekeepers were just great, looking after our rooms with care. I particularly liked the RED & WHITE décor all through the hotel, & what topped the whole experience for me was my first ever experience of a hummingbird which visited the (décor appropriate) RED salvia in the garden every morning & evening as we sat in the garden with our coffee or wine. A memorable stay all round. Thank you to all who gave us this wonderful experience,

Room Tip: Our room looked towards next door & grew ivy. It felt very safe & had a resident bird which...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at The Duque.
I hope you will return in the near future and remain at your service.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Duque Hotel from in November 2013 for four nights (a 3 night stay followed by a 1 night stay). It was excellent - now one of our favorite hotels in the world. The best part is the friendly and helpful staff. The front desk - Roberto, Raquel and Carlos in particular - were very accommodating - helping us checkin/checkout, with dinner reservations, and welcoming us back to the hotel upon each return from a daily activity or dinner. Other highlights include the location (convenient to Palermo, walking distance to Santa Fe, and just a short cab ride away to Recoleta) and the common area. The breakfast room and particularly the garden in the rear of the hotel are a great place to decompress and relax - get a coffee any time of the day from the coffee machine (or a drink in the evening), sit on the comfortable lounge furniture in the garden, and plan the rest of the day or just let your mind wander.

We stayed in a deluxe room which sits at the front of the hotel - has a small balcony with french doors, and is very generous on space.

We cannot wait to go back!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pompeybuckeye

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for letting us be part of your trip to Buenos Aires, it was a great pleasure having both of you as our guest. I am glad you had a relaxing vacation in Buenos Aires. My team is grateful for your recognition and look forward to welcoming you back.
I look forward to your next visit and remain at your service.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

We stayed at Duque for 3 nights at the end of our 2.5 week trip in Argentina. In terms of amenities and modern comforts, this place was the best, if that's what you're looking for. The wifi worked really well, the rooms were all super clean, AC worked great, breakfast was tasty, and the hotel in general looked well taken care of. We didn't use it, but they also have a spa available for guest use. It's in a great convenient location only 4 blocks away from the subway, and surround by great restaurants in Palermo. It's also extremely secure with full-time staff, a locked front door, security cameras, etc. The staff was extremely friendly and they were very patient with my broken spanish (although the front desk staff are fluent in English).

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jeff W

Dear Guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for letting us be part of your experience in Buenos Aires.
It is so nice to hear that our guest enjoyed their whole stay with us. That really make our day!
We wanted to let you know that this will always be your home and that you are more than welcome to come back. Greetings from all of the staff and we hope all the best for you.