We visited Buenos Aires in two parts, with a bit of Uruguay in between, staying in Duque Hotel for 4 nights and Miravida Soho for 2 nights. Both are in Palermo a few blocks from each other so both have access to the lovely streets, eateries, cafes and shops of Palermo which is a big plus. It is a lovely district. Both hotels are small,and have a nice charm about them.
We found the staff at Duque to be its best quality, they were extremely helpful in all respects, enthusiastic and knowledgable. Our room was very comfortable (except perhaps the pillows which were quite high and hard), spacious and for the most part, clean. Although, we did think that the decor was a bit tired in places, especially in the bathroom, the linen was too old and the towels need to be renewed (good for a body scub though if thats what you want!). The toiletries too were not of great quality.
Are we asking too much for a little hotel? Well, calling itself boutique brings with it certain expectations, it is not just because it is small, but because in general it should be of a high quality. And if you compared it to the Miravida Soho (see separate review), then Duque does fall down a little bit.
Overall a good experience but we would like to see some investment into the interior and a much better use of the space it has for the breakfast room - this was a bit dull. We also thought the breakfast buffet was not up to a good enough standard.
Not complaints about the staff team at all and we would still recommend this little hotel to people with some small reservations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Duque Hotel offers rooms with designer decor and free Wi-Fi (public areas) in trendy Palermo Soho. A pool and spa facilities are available. Scalabrini Ortiz Metro Station is 700 metres away. Individually designed and combining classy style with modern facilities, rooms at Duque Hotel Boutique & Spa feature parquet floors and large windows. All of them have air conditioning and cable TV. A buffet breakfast is served daily. Coffee service and pastries are available around the clock. Palermo's restaurant and pubs are just around the corner. Guest can unwind on the sun loungers by the pool and make use of the spa facilities, including a jacuzzi, a sauna and Turkish baths. Massage sessions can be requested, a library is available. Secure airport shuttles can be requested 24/7. Duque Hotel Boutique & Spa is 6 km from Jorge Newbery Domestic airport and 29.7 Km from Ezeiza International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Duque Hotel Boutique & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Duque Hotel Boutique And Spa
- Duque Hotel Boutique Buenos Aires