“Perfect! Loved it!”

Duque Hotel Boutique & Spa
Ranked #10 of 444 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed 26 August 2010

The hotel is really beautifull, new, clear and the spa is lovely. But most important the staff is so friendly like a family.

Unfortunately I got robbed and they all helped me with the police / ambassee / money and more. They all are unbelievable friendly! So I fully recommend the hotel, service and ofcourse the staff!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
hotelduque, Gerente at Duque Hotel Boutique & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2010

Hola Henny! It was a pleasure for us helping you out with all your documents. Please dont thank us. We are your family here in Buenos Aires and if you come back dont hesitate, all the Duque staff will be waiting for you.Thanks for your nice words about us!! Eva

Write a ReviewReviews (1,372)

Reviewed 22 August 2010

We´ve had a great week in our "home" in Buenos Aires: this was the way we felt while we were hosted in Duque Hotel. The bed is very soft, they offer a delicious and nourishing breakfast; there´s also an expresso machine that you can use whenever you want during the day, and you can even have a small cupcake with it if you want!
Duque hotel also displays a very friendly and polite staff, and Fernando (the owner) is always around to help managing and giving a personal touch to the hotel´s service. Indeed, he turned into a friend because we talked about our lives and he was always willing to help us in our demands.
We are definetely going back as soon as we can! We hope they keep the high level of the service

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2010

Great boutique hotel, nice staff, good breakfast, great location....it was a great experience

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
hotelduque, Manager at Duque Hotel Boutique & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2010

Thanks for your review. I hope we can have you as our guests again!
All the best! Eva

Reviewed 12 August 2010

I stayed at the Duque Hotel for 2 nights in March and I was quite pleased with it. I stayed at a few different hotels in the area during my 2 weeks in Buenos Aires and it was one of the nicer ones.

One of the best aspects of the Duque was the staff - they were all very friendly and helpful, and they spoke excellent English, which is good if your Spanish isn't great like mine. They were helpful in recommending restaurants and arranging taxi rides - every time they called me a taxi they made sure the driver knew where I wanted to go.

The rooms were a decent size, not overly large, a little on the cozy side maybe but it is a boutique hotel. The bed was large and very comfortable, and the decor was nice - it was different than most hotels I've stayed at, it had more of a bed and breakfast feel. The breakfast was decent, there was a large selection of fresh fruit and standard breakfast stuff, and if you wanted they would gladly cook you some eggs.

As for the spa aspect of the hotel, it seemed a bit limited. There was a nice hot tub and sauna area, as well as a pool, but it didn't seem to get much use. They also have the option of getting a massage, but when I tried to book one they were unable to find a masseuse for me as they don't have one on site, which was a little disappointing. If you want to take full advantage of the spa services, you may want to look into them well in advance.

The hotel is in a good area in Palermo, I felt completely safe walking the streets late at night by myself. It's great if you're looking for shopping, lots of shops and stores on streets nearby, and also close to Alto Palermo which is a big mall. It's about 6 blocks away from the Scalabrini Ortiz subway stop, which seems like a short walk. It's also close enough to the downtown core so all the major tourist destinations can be reached my bus or short (and inexpensive) taxi ride.

Palermo is also a great place for restaurants. Don't forget that in Buenos Aires it's common for restaurants/pubs to open well past 2 AM, with many being open until 5 or 6 AM. On several occasions I sat down for a nice meal and a beer around 2 AM, there are several good restaurants open late at Plaza Serrano, which is a short 5 blocks or so north of the hotel. Be sure to check out La Caballeriza, located on Juan B Gusto, they had some of the best steak I've ever had. Malasartes is also a good affordable restau/bar at Plaza Serrano. There is also a good breakfast/lunch place, I forget what it's called but its about 2 or 3 blocks east of the hotel on Scala. Ortiz, same side as the hotel. It's right on the corner. They had excellent freshly squeezed orange juice.

The neighborhood is also the best for nightlife, if you're looking for clubs/bars be sure to check out Esperanto, Ink, and Hummer, some of the local hot spots. It's amazing on the weekends when the streets are literally teeming with young people partying.

I also took the staff's recommendation for a tango show, which I would highly recommend to anyone, especially if it's your first time in Buenos Aires. The hotel staff arranged everything for me, including a ride to and from the show. On the way to the show, I had a private car, but on the way back to the hotel after the show, I learned that I would be sharing the car with another couple. This didn't bother me at all because I'm pretty laidback, but I don't think the elderly couple I shared the car with were overly impressed, especially since they were staying at a different hotel and I got dropped off first. So if you're looking for an intimate romantic experience, you may want to double check this first. I wouldn't fault the hotel for this - it was likely the car company people.

The show was at a place called Gala Tango, and I got the show that included dinner, which was excellent - I had the pork, after sampling numerous types of Argentine beef for the previous 10 straight days. The show itself was excellent, and before it begins the tango performers will give you an opportunity to have a quick tango lesson or photo with them, which I highly recommend. Since I was there by myself, I was very happy to take a tango lesson from a beautiful Argentine woman, and I got the photo as well so I could prove it to my friends. It is much more suited for couples, the atmosphere is very intimate and romantic, candles and stuff - I probably looked like a bit of a schmuck sitting there by myself with all the other couples, but even so, I still had a good time. The show also had an excellent live band. It was a great experience and if you want to see a tango show in BA this is a perfect choice.

So, overall the Duque Hotel is an excellent choice if you're looking for a place where you can get the full cultural experience in Buenos Aires, and their great staff will help you find the best restaurants, shows, or whatever else you may need.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Han_Solo420

Thank you very much for taking your time and write a review about us. It was a pleassure to serve you. Eva

Reviewed 26 July 2010

This is a small but stylish hotel with nice rooms and facilities. It is bright and airy well maintained and kept very clean. A nice lounge area with a laptop for client use with free internet access. The breakfasts are very good with coffee/tea available all day at no cost. However what makes this hotel is the exceptional staff who are good humoured, friendly and always helpful and who made you feel at home. On our recent trip to South America this was definitely the best hotel of the three that we stayed at. I would come back here and highly recommend with no problem.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business

Hello Shay! Thank you very much for this great review! It was wonderful having you and your friends staying with us! You people are very good people! It was nice meeting you. Please remember that if you ever come back to Buenos Aires, Duque Hotel is your home here. It was a pleassure to serve you. Greets to your beautiful wife. Eva

Reviewed 24 July 2010

We stayed only one night but were made to feel welcome by the friendly staff who spoke good English and went out of their way to be helpful. It is a modern, boutique hotel, well furnished and decorated and in a good location. Excellent breakfast and all-day complimentary tea/ coffee is a welcome touch. Free wi-fi. the room was great for a short stay but we would want more space if staying longer. Big bed but no comfy chairs to sit around in. On the plus side there is a communal pleasant lounge with lounge seating.
Overall an excellent experience.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for this review! Please remember that if you ever come back to Buenos Aires, Duque Hotel is your home here. It was a pleassure to serve you!!. Eva

Reviewed 5 July 2010

We stayed at the Duque Hotel for two nights at the end of our trip to Buenos Aires. We were new to the Palermo Soho neighborhood, and the staff was more than willing to help us plan our outings and arrange for reservations. All of the staff members we encountered spoke adequate to excellent English, though we made an effort to speak as much Spanish as possible.

The hotel is very stylishly decorated and the rooms, though small, were lovely. My parents' room smelled of sewer gas in the bathroom when they arrived, but the staff was quick to remedy the issue when my parents reported it. We felt very welcomed at the hotel, and given its small size, the staff is very attentive. On our last night, we had a bottle of champagne we wanted to drink. The gentleman at the front desk graciously provided us with glasses and a bucket of ice so we could enjoy our drinks in the comfortable lounge area.

The daily breakfast was a wonderful perk, and we loved the coffee machine that was available around the clock. These were small touches that made the Duque feel like it was our home away from home. If we should return to Buenos Aires one day, the Duque will surely be one stop on our itinerary.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
hotelduque, Gerente at Duque Hotel Boutique & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2010

Thank you very much for this great review! Please remember that if you ever come back to Buenos Aires, Duque Hotel is your home here. It was a pleassure to serve you. Eva