“Fantastic Polo Experience”

Polo Night - Polo Under the Stars
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Argentina is Polo, and only 50 minutes away from the city, you will find a beautiful place, with more than 200 horses for any riding level to learn and play polo yourself! Argentina Polo Day is the only attraction in Argentina providing a professional polo match to watch at 4 chukkers all year round! You will understand the rules of the game, you will learn the technique, you will get to know how polo horses are tamed. Our Polo Day is a complete day to experience polo in a professional, friendly and relaxed atmosphere. You will watch a live polo game any day, taste a genuine argentine BBQ with premium argentine wine, and experience the incredible feeling of playing polo yourself! No riding experience is required, because Argentina Polo Day is polo for everyone, everyday of the year! Our Polo Resort offers 2 polo fields, swimming pool and fantastic views to enjoy the day. Company provides transportation from Buenos Aires and back.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Baby buggy parking, Activities for young children
Reviewed 28 April 2012

An amazing, relaxing, invigorating day out of the city! We were greeted with THE BEST empanadas of our entire trip, hot off the grill. After watching a full polo game while learning the key points, we filled our bellies with grilled meats and wine. Then we worked it all off while playing our own game of polo; it's a lot harder than it looks!

The staff is excellent and accommodating. An experience not to be missed.

Important information for anyone who doesn't handle car rides well - I would caution that the drive is far and if you are one of the first people to be picked up/dropped off at your hotel, you might be in the car for a few hours before arriving at the destination.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,170)

Reviewed 27 April 2012

This is a refreshing new activity that you can´t miss if you are in Buenos Aires. On one hand you spend time in the beautiful country side in the outskirts of the city, which you rarely get to see if you just stay in the traditional turistic areas. it is also a grat way to meet other visitors to the city in a fun setting, while learning about Polo and actually living the experience of playing Polo. The staff was very professional and friendly. Don´t miss it in your next trip with friends or while on business in Buenos Aires

Reviewed 27 April 2012

This is definetly a must do when you are in Buenos Aires!! The organisation is excellent (pick up at your hotel/place) welcom drink, ect. All the staff is great (from the driver, to Ruben the owner and the pads). The horses are great and they know well enough the horses so that you have fun what ever your level in horse ridding is! You first watch a game and then it is your turn for at least one hour!
And the bbq La parilla is just amazing! SO you must surely go and enjoy a day like this!

Reviewed 21 April 2012

This was the most amazing experience I had in BA. I only had 4 days in BA, so I was hesitant about spending an entire day outside of the city, but I am so incredibly happy I went! Celia, from the Polo club was so easy to communicate via email and was really quick at responses. My boyfriend and I had several questions and Celia couldn’t have been better to communicate with. Don’t miss this experience!!!
Recap of the day: You are picked up in the morning right from your apartment/hotel and then off to the ranch which is about an hour drive. They keep the group of people relatively small and we met great people, so that was a great bonus. You arrive at the ranch and you are greeted by everyone who is part of the Polo Club ran there and handed wine and empanadas (pretty much the best ones I had in Argentina). Then you watch the club members play a match (continue to drink wine). Beware there are LOTS of mosquitoes. I was eaten alive!! Wear thick jeans even if it’s hot. They have bug spray there. After watching the game you are lead to the large tables outside to eat carne asado style. It’s delicious and the guy cooking is a former chef. There so much to eat you will be stuffed. After all of this you have the chance to play polo yourself. There were a few people who had never been on a horse including my boyfriend, but don’t worry, there are several people to give you advise and quick lessons on how to ride and play. There are also several horses and they will change your horse if you need a better one. After an hour or two riding you are done for the day (drink more wine if you want) and then you return tired and fully satisfied to BA.

1  Thank EJB_NYC
Reviewed 20 April 2012

My husband and I had a 2 day trip to Argentina Polo Day. We booked quite last minute and Celia was very helpful!

We had just finished a 10 day horse trek and so we were feeling very confident on horse back. Ruben, therefore, kindly let us join in the match on the second day and we played a few 2-on-2 matches as well. There were beginners in our group too though and they were given much more help on the horses which were all safe and well-trained.

Ruben and Mile are HYSTERICAL and made the 2 days such fun and a great Argentinian memory for me and my husband. The food was also amazing - Ruben does the best asados!

My only suggestion would be 'Don't book a tango lesson after 2 days of polo' - you may need an evening off to soothe your muscles...

Ruben and Celia - we will be back next time we're in Argentina!