“Great food and ambiance, full of locals”
Review of Demuru Restaurant - CLOSED

Demuru Restaurant
Price range: US$20 - US$75
Cuisines: Argentinian, Contemporary, International
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Palermo
Description: This lovely house is nestled in Palermo Soho neighborhood, the atmosphere is cozy and elegant. The menu is relatively short expressing the creativity of the chef with his author cooking. Reservations recommended. Only cash.
Reviewed 29 April 2012

We had walked by this place several times in our strolls around Palermo and noticed its delightful ambiance and the always full house. Figuring that was a good sign we ventured in for dinner tonight and were not disappointed. This is a "local" joint and it has a fairly limited menu and a few specials. We enjoyed everything from the amuse to our appetizer, entrees and desert. Really interesting and savory food and different from the typical parilla or pasta experience. Its quite a cute, romantic spot and our service was great. Our waiter's english was better than our spanish and he went out of his way to explain the dishes. Unlike some other BA spots, these folks are not trying to hook good reviews or tourist business, this is an authentic local restaurant doing what they do best and doing it well.

Reviewed 28 March 2012

I have had such good meals in BA that this was a real let down. The place was lacking in ambience and the food was mediocre. It was also very expensive. I found the staff less than effusive. Overall the most disappointing meal I've had in BA.

Reviewed 5 January 2012

This restaurant belongs to a known chef in Argentina, part of a TV show as well. I was expecting a lot, as my partner took me there as a b'day present. The food did not make it for me, regular flavors, my main dish had to be sent out to be re-heated. Desserts just ok. For the price we paid, we could have gotten much more somewhere else

1  Thank malter2010
Reviewed 21 December 2011

We came upon this restaurant by chance........which was extremely lucky given the sheer number of options in BA. It has lovely ambience, proper service, plus the menu was really interesting and the quality of the food was fantastic. Overall we had a fantastic experience..........which was so good that we returned again 2 weeks later at the end of our trip.

Given the excellent food, I would also rate this as one of the best value restaurants we visited in Argentina.

Reviewed 2 October 2011

The menu and the food are outstanding, the menu is mainly european and you can find a better and diferent selection to what other restaurants offer in B. A.