“Good Place/Great Front Desk/Watch Room Descriptions”

Be Hollywood! Boutique Hotel
Ranked #67 of 451 Hotels in Buenos Aires
ny, ny
“Good Place/Great Front Desk/Watch Room Descriptions”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2013

The Be Hollywood was a really nice hotel. The front desk staff were all friendly, informative, English speaking, and extremely helpful with just about anything - Ask and they will assist! You are a solid 15 minute walk to the subway, but it's worth it because you are located on the corner of Honduras Street, One (1) block from the beginning of the action in Palermo-Soho for dinner, drinks, bars, and clubs at night. Definitely a good call as staying here opened up so much more of the city to us over the duration of our stay.

[Please see my Trip Report in the Buenos Aires travel forum for some more impressions of the neighborhood and restaurants ect ...]

My biggest issue was that the room descriptions were a bit misleading. It is not a big hotel (in height or number of rooms) so only very few rooms have an actual view of the city landscape. Otherwise when they say a room may have a "City View" it probably has a street view. When they say a "court yard view" I'm not sure what they mean because there is a concrete wall about 20 feet from the back of the hotel which all the back facings room look at.

Only 6 rooms have an outdoor terrace: Two (2) are on the upper level facing the street with a city view (very nice rooms). One (1) is also on the upper floor but in the back facing the wall. The other three (3) rooms with a terrace are all on the 1st floor (actual 2nd floor) in the back facing the wall.

I paid extra to book a "Terrace Room" thinking we'd enjoy a glass of wine each night overlooking the city-scape, or a nice courtyard at worst, but instead we had a ground floor terrace and it was very disappointing. For some this may work as the back rooms and terraces were extremely quiet against the late night street action. But for us, we would have preferred to pay less and have a front facing room without a terrace because we like the sights and sounds the street when staying in a new city.

I attempted to clarify the rooms descriptions from the website with the front desk but was actually more confused after - so if this is a big deal for you know it requires a little more attention while booking.

Breakfast was very nice each morning, with the options for made to order eggs or breakfast sandwiches a big plus. I actually though the pool area was better in person than in the pictures. If they only had plexi-glass around the upper edges of the building, rather than that concrete wall, so you can enjoy the view while swimming it could be a great pool deck rather than a good one.

Overall, we were extremely happy with our stay and can recommend with confidence.

Room Tip: Only two rooms with front facing outdoor terraces ... see review for info on room descriptions.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
JeremyMeinardi, Gerente at Be Hollywood! Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 3 March 2013
Dear Guest,

On behalf of the entire Team, THANK YOU very much for choosing the Be Hollywood. And also for such a beautiful review at TripAdvisor.

We will of course keep your words in mind for future improvements. Thanks!

Hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you once again.

Jeremias Meinardi
Be Hollywood Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Dublin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2013

The welcome drink (mint,ginger and lemonade) was well appreciated as we were parched after the flight. The young reception staff were very helpful and friendly. They booked a tango show for us. The breakfast was good, a bit crowded at times though.
Hotel is in a quiet location, close to the underground.
The room was a nice size and the bed was very comfortable.
Only complaint is that the chambermaid dropped and broke my husbands Armani aftershave bottle. Those things happen, but during checkout the manager was arguing down the phone with reception staff that he'd been told that there wasn't much fragrance left in the bottle, so he wasn't agreeing to pay the full price for replacement. This was extremely scabby. It was purchased just weeks previously so was more than half full. He paid half the price in the end. Pity about this, it left a sour taste in our mouth when leaving. Not how you should treat guests in your hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
JeremyMeinardi, Gerente at Be Hollywood! Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 12 February 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind feedback!

I am delighted that you enjoyed our features and the service at the Be Hollywood.

However, I apologize for the inconvenience with your aftershave. I'm at the Hotel since December 2012, so I would like to have a second chance to have you here as a guest.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Jeremías Meinardi.
Management.
Be Hollywood Hotel.
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2013

I liked Be Hollywood a lot, but it had some issues. My room was good, clean, and very comfortable, but faced the street and was seriously loud on Saturday night. The bar across the street had hundreds of people partying in the street until I left for the airport at 4am. It was insane, but normal for BA. Sleeping pills and ear plugs won't even help...that loud!! Unfortunately, this is very common in BA and the hotel cannot really be blamed for it. Just know that it happens.

It was 90* and I tried to use the pool, only to find it was completely drained and empty. When I reported it to the manager, he seemed totally surprised. One of the reasons I chose this hotel was for the pool, so that was a serious disappointment.

The converter that I brought with me did not work in BA, and although all hotels usually have enough at the front desk, they were out. However, the women that worked at the front desk were so kind that they let me plug in my devices at the front desk and pick them up in the morning.

The front receptionists really went out of their way to be friendly and kind and provided many suggestions in the local area and were able to answer all of my questions. They gave awesome directions and maps and were delightful to work with. If they didn't know the answer immediately, they researched and got back to me. They called to make me reservations, called taxis, etc. I was impressed by their kindness, willing to help, and professionalism. They were quite good.

The Be Hollywood cafe, although a great idea and adorable, is a total disconnect. Every morning, I entered the cafe and was a bit jet-lagged, and/or hungover, or just tired. All I wanted was to be greeted and maybe offered some eggs...The women working in the cafe barely acknowledged me, never offered me eggs (although it comes with the room), and spent the entire time I was there each morning banging the clean silverware away in the dining room or loudly stacking the dishes. The rest of the breakfast spread was ok.

The location was perfect for me as it felt safe and was just about a 10 minute walk across the train tracks to the most well known part of Palermo. I loved the restaurants close to the hotel. If you don't want to have to walk to the main square from the hotel, you should stay closer to that area instead.

All in all, there are great aspects to this hotel, and I enjoyed my stay there, but there are a few things they need to work on to get a 4 or 5 stars.

Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
JeremyMeinardi, Gerente at Be Hollywood! Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 4 February 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about the Be Hollywood in such a detailed way.

We really appreciate your honest opinion since it is a great help to improve the entire service.

Hope to have a second chance to have you here as a guest.

Greetings from the whole team.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2013 via mobile

The location was ideally located in the Palermo district with about a 15 to 20 minute walk to the subway, the restaurants and bars within the area were very appealing and were appropriately ranked very well. The hotel staff were very welcoming and accommodating with the Rooms very clean and the style and
Decor had a nice retro vibe to it. The sites from the rooftop pool were absolutely gorgeous. Only deficiencies were that the pool area was not huge and by afternoon filled up quickly and the breakfast options quickly decreased as the rush for the majority of guests to eat was around 9 am

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your sharing your comments with the TripAdvisor community.

We really appreciate your opinion since it is of great help to improve our daily work. We always take the time to read every single review about us. Thanks!

We look forward to your next stay.

Jeremías Meinardi.
Management.
Be Hollywood Hotel.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2013

The Be Hollywood Hotel was our last stop after a month travelling around South America. We were very happy with our room, it was light and spacious and well appointed. I slept on the sofa bed and that was very comfortable.

The staff were very helpful. They booked us in for an excellent tango show which was very authentic and when I had to book a flight at short notice, they were happy to book it over the phone for me - at 11.30pm! The breakfast was very nice, lots to choose from and they made me a very tasty omelette upon request.

I would happily recommend this hotel!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

First I'd like to thank you for your positive review of your experience in our hotel.

I particularly appreciate your feedback on the service since it seems to be a point of contention for many guests.

Thanks once again for your kind words, you're always welcome at the Be Hollywood.

All the best.

Grand Cayman
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at Be Hollywood December 23-25 during our two week stay in Argentina/Chile. Jeremy and Jorge (front desk staff) were thoughtful and helpful. They suggested dinner at a restaurant called Don Julio's (which is an amazing restaurant with great food and wonderful value) and arranged a reservation on December 23. On December 24 most restaurants are closed and Jeremy called around to inquire if we could get a reservation and when that could not be achieved due to restaurants being closed, he made suggestions in the local area where we could "walk-in".
The hotel is quaint and trendy. It could use some general maintenance but the location and these front desk staff can not be beat. We even had an issue getting a cab on December 25 due to most of the city being shut down and Jeremy called every cab company and in the end flagged a cab down for us.
Our room was a bit noisy due to a local bar and an all night party on December 24 due to locals being off work on Christmas day. We were located on the front side of the building and did not encounter the noise on December 23 - which was a Saturday night.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

A big THANK YOU for your kinds comments about the Be Hollywood and its team.

We're so pleased to hear that you had such a great stay. Your words cheered us all up!

Hope being your choice next time here.

Greetings from Buenos Aires!

New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2013

The Be Hollywood's location honestly can't be beat. The staff is friendly, the rooms clean and the ammenities suffice. However, little details need some work. Our sliding glasss door's lock was broken, allowing a cunning thief the ability to access our room. We asked that it be fixed, but it never was. The toilet seat in our room was broken as well, and the water while warm, wasn't hot. The furniture in the pool area was also broken, and the pool mitself needed a cleaning.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the upper floors.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Be Hollywood. Sorry to hear that your stay wasn't completly up to standard.

We appreciate your feedback and we will take all your comments on board.

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience with TripAdvisor.