“Modern, well equipped and convenient.”
Review of Piedras Suites

Piedras Suites
Ranked #230 of 443 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed 6 December 2011

Located on a busy cross-roads in San Telmo, this modern apartment (in a block of about 9 apartments) is well furnished and equipped with everything you might need to self cater. Our only complaint with the facilities was a lack of a single English speaking TV channel, but the management is aware of this shortcoming and plan to remedy the situation. The accommodation is comfortable and well designed if a little noisy from both the street and other apartments. Be aware that the bedroom and bathroom are situated up a fairly steep open staircase, which may present difficulties for people with a small child or mobility problems.
The reception staff were all very helpful and friendly. There are several small supermarkets nearby and big Carrefour 15-20 minutes walk away. Lots of good restaurants abound in the area

Room Tip: Apartment PiedrasIV (marked 1D on the first floor) has a corner position and a bigger balcony than s...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 October 2011

We picked this place to stay primarily because of the kitchen and the price. Both are great. The staff was excellent and I never felt like I was asking too many political questions. They were all very nice and are fluent in english.
The housekeeping staff was excellent and were always happy and very busy.
This is a great place to stay just bring earphones because the ONLY downside, the street noise in incredibly loud.
The neighborhood is typical and if you are not used to the city it can be a little overwhelming. The area however, is safe.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 September 2011

We stayed at Piedras Suites during 5 days and was a wonderful experience, the staff is wonderfull, customer service oriented and nice people. The location of the hotel is near downtown and close to Puerto Madero area, nice rooms, apparently the building was rebuild recently and looks very modern, and the rates are very competitive. I will come back with my family!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 August 2011

My husband and I have been regular visitors of Buenos Aires for a few years now, and we only wish we had known about this small-scale hotel earlier! Location is great (San Telmo, famous for Tango, art and history); the building is new and everything looks spotless; and if you love good beds like us, OMG this is an outstanding choice! (quality beds can be surprisingly hard to find down there, even when the rate you are paying suggests the contrary).
Loved it. We sure will make our reservation with them for next time.
Cheers!

Room Tip: I only know the one room we stayed at, and it had an enormous double-hight window with blackouts.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Piedras S, Director de Recepción at Piedras Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2011

Dear Andi,

thank you for sharing your experience with other guests and visitors. We are really glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us! It has been a pleasure to meet you!
Please contact us when planning your next visit to BA, so that we can help you manage your trip.

Best regards
Carolina

Reviewed 26 August 2011

I came to Buenos Aires on a business trip. I needed to be somewhat centrally located, while I wanted to get a feel of Buenos Aires. I chose San Telmo, the heart of Tango.
The staff at Piedras Suites was very professional, and accommodating. They even offered me to use their breakfast place on the top floor if I had meetings in the pm hours. Exceptional.
The lofts are fantastic, very modern, and with custom design solid wood furniture. In my case I traveled with a camera person, so we needed separate rooms, and they gave us the top floor apartment which has access to a beautiful terrace overlooking the neighborhood. The place is very safe and they have security 24 hours a day.
I would recommend this place with my eyes closed, and I will be back!!!

Room Tip: Ask for terrace access from your room
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 August 2011

The thieves entered ou room (2D) through the balcony of the next room (2C).
(The windows really aren't safe as it's impossible to be sure they're locked or not).
They tore the safe-dedposit box from the cabinet where it was installed (with our passports, money.. inside), put it in one of our suitcase, completing with some electronic devices (camera, camcorder...) and leaved the hotel like any other customer through the main entrance.
The guy at the hotel front desk even opened them the door as it is always locked.

Anyway, upon this very unpleasant moment, the most shocking for us was the real lack of safety and profesionnalism of the hotel and of any person we faced during this period : no one called the police until we've done it ourselves; no member of the Direction has deigned to come to the hotel; we've only talked by phone with someone claiming executive, en La Plata, 400 km away from BsAs....
We could detail also the doubt about the possbility of an inside complicity and what the "Hotel Management" proposed us that we found provocative.

In conclusion this hotel looks nice (in photo) but it's really a disaster !

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank Alexandre G
PIEDRAS-SUITES, Director de Recepción at Piedras Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2011

Dear Alexandre

As the general Director and I have already expressed to you, we feel terribly sorry about the situation that you and your family have faced at the hotel.

We consider that it is very important to mention that the “thief” was actually a GUEST, more specifically a German guest, who had made his reservation for our hotel with a prestigious international travel agency, paying in advance for his stay by presenting his credit card and passport information to this agency, and also at the front desk at the moment of his arrival.

Unfortunately, for both you and us, this guest came out to be a professional thief, who made the reservation just for this purpose. It is real inadmissible to us to even think about the possibility of an inside complicity, we trust a 100% in our staff and we can assure anyone that this criminal act was the plan on one single person, which acted alone.

Regarding the staff attitude towards you, it is worth to mention that the receptionist working at that moment just risked his life when climbing from one balcony to the other –on a second floor- in order to open the door of your apartment to let you in. Also, I made myself present at the hotel as soon as I learned about the situation. Even the Director was available to you on the phone and she gave you all her comprehension and help to solve the inconveniencies you were facing. She does not live in the city, but far away, and she was not able to come to the hotel because she was attending very important health issues at the moment.

Moreover, we were fully accessible to give the authorities all the information required for the investigation, and what is more important, we REFUNDED to you an important amount of money, equal to the amount you were robbed of and of course the payment you had made for your reservation. This action is not usual in many many other hotels in the whole world, we just trusted you and we gave you back the money you said you had in your safe.

We clearly understand the bad moment you have faced and we feel sorry about that. We only had the intention to help you solve the inconveniences and make it easier to you to put up with this episode.

Best regards

Carolina Vanoli
Manager

Reviewed 2 August 2011

The Hotel itself is good, but one of the agent (Carolina) is not very friendly, her attitude towards clients are not very professional, she does not know how to treat a customer right.
We're not happy and satisfy about it...we rented 2 suites for a week...

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank ChicoLin98
Piedras S, Director de Recepción at Piedras Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2011

Dear ChicoLin,

Thank you for leaving your impressions about your experience in Piedras Suites.

I am surprised by your comment since I have really enjoyed your visit to Piedras Suites, and not only me but also all the staff have been very friendly and sympathetic to you and your friends from the first moment that you contacted us to make your reservation.

I can recall a conversation about some damages done to the equipment of the Suite, and maybe you might have felt disappointed because of the charges the hotel has made.

I do apologize if there has been any situation which did not make you feel comfortable; for sure it has not been the intention.

We will be pleased to meet you once again in your next visit to BA.

Best Regards