“Great salad bar”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 8 January 2014

We were wandering around the suburb of Palermo in Buenos Aires looking for a certain restaurant when we chanced upon La Escondida. No booking was necessary which was good as it was around 8 p.m. We found a little booth in this quite enormous restaurant or should I say Parilla (Grill House). If you ordered from the grill you were entitled to help yourself to the Salad Bar. The salads were extensive & fantastic. There were even 3 types of rucula (rocket), salsas, oils, croutons, etc. My steak was superb & the wine was very good. For such an enormous establishment it was quite full within an hour with mainly families. Good service too. Interesting interior as well.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

I have to say my overall dining out experience in Buenos Aires has been......meh! I did, however, really enjoy La Escondida. Not only was the beef tender and cooked just right* but there was also a salad bar! One of the things I miss when in Buenos Aires is vegetables which don't seem to come with meals and when they do they are overcooked. I was amazed that not only did La Escondida have a salad bar but it was a pretty decent one at that.

*The Argentines seem to like their beef thoroughly cooked. I like mine somewhere between pink and red in the middle. After a few attempts at not getting overcooked beef, I requested 'rare' at La Escondida and got what I really wanted.

Three of us dined at La Escondida and all really enjoyed our meals. My partner and I went back the next night.

The only drawback to this restaurant is it can be quite noisy. Just as you enter the restaurant if you take a sharp left there is a 'room' that seems to be semi-outside and separate from the restaurant....it seemed much quieter in there, unfortunately we didn't notice it until we were leaving.

Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

Lovely atmospher and food. We ordered the lamp steak and chorritzo steak, it was lovely. Great taste, recomend. The chef recomended a win that we tok, it was the most expensive but 1/4 of what we would have payed at home in NORWAY.

Go her if you can.
Greetings from Victor and Susanne

Reviewed 18 July 2013 via mobile

Just can follow earlier recommendations.The salad bar is very nice&steak great as everywear in Argentinia but not overcooked which is usually the case. Very nice waitress: she spoke slow for us-clearly foreigners with poor spanish!!! Worth going!!!

Reviewed 9 April 2013 via mobile

Bife de lomo was great. First place I've been to here that didn't overcook the meat. There is a play area just for kids.