“Good selection of Polish vodkas”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Krakow Cafe Bar

Krakow Cafe Bar
Ranked #26 of 169 Nightlife in Buenos Aires
São Paulo
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Good selection of Polish vodkas”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

The bar seems elegant from outside but the atmosphere is more relaxed, with a large bar and simple tables in front of the wall. The prices are reasonable and the barman can suggest wonderfu vodkas.

Visited October 2011
1 Thank Renato N

San Francisco, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“great bar, sweet staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2010

this is a great bar to relax and meet up with friends should you be in the San Telmo area. I highly recommend!

2 Thank LavaMetal
New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“San Telmo’s newest No.1”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2010

There is a stunning number of whiskeys on offer in this popular San Telmo bar. The number of taps is also totally impressive. Between the taps the Gambrinus is the king, especially the Gambrinus Pale Ale. Some of my buddies were delighted with the Antares brews. We also checked the tatanka, a magic Polish cocktail made with zubrowka. It was very tasty and not too sweet.
On to the food. Krakow was chosen because we were temporarily sick of steaks which we had three nights in a row. We were quite hungry after checking out BA all day so we ordered a lot. Polish picada with flaming sausage was great and tasted exotic. Personal pizza looked and tasted very fresh. We also ordered Irish stew, bigos (sauerkraut with various meats and potatoes) and sorrentinos. Everything tasted totally homemade. Linda was crazy about sorrentinos and she is Italian, so there was something to it.

After we got over our hunger pangs we finally checked the place. It's a really big venue so despite a large number of patrons in attendance it did not feel very cramped and you could actually hear your companions. After the sofa spot cleared we moved over there with our drinks and ordered some nibbles and deserts. Before I even settled in my comfy big chair Linda triumphantly placed the game of Monopoly in front of me. I was grounded!

Others went on to mingle in the monster bar area and check out the Nintendo. There were two bartenders on that night - English and Dominican. Te wait staff was also multinational and very friendly. The bar is managed by two seasoned Polish polyglots. We heard them constantly switching between a few languages, which was kinda amusing. I guess this is where the pub’s international spirit comes from.

Due to very high ceilings the place has great acoustics and the music rocked. There is an original carved ceiling in the bar area. The building is definitely late 19th century and the spot is quite unique.

My advice: take a brake from the steak nights in Buenos Aires and check this vibrant place. Krakow Café Bar is on Venezuela 474 between Bolivar and Defensa in San Telmo area. Get off the subte E line on the Bolivar station and walk on Bolivar Street a few blocks south to Venezuela. You can also take a taxi which is not a luxury in Buenos Aires.
You are in for a memorable night.

2 Thank arenta
buenos aires
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Boring!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2010

Good place to grab a beer while you wait for your friends to hit the hot spots in San Telmo.

1 Thank eskimokio
Paramus
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Love, love, love!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2010

Krakow Cafe Bar on Venezuela 474 right of Defensa was my favorite hangout during my last stay in Buenos Aires so I want to share some info about the place with the world.
It starts with the definite buena onda. It's kinda living pub where locals and tourists gather after a long day to grab a drink or have a meal, listen to great music, play a pub game, watch a game on a projection screen or chat with the other guests.
This is European pub with a Polish flavor reflected in their full menu. Bars major attraction is their impressive list of tap beers, I think they have the best selection of local taps in Buenos Aires. My favorite was crafted with love Red Gambrinus.
The pub's comfy sofas, burgundy walls and cocktail selection make it also a perfect place for a date. And hey, if you get bored - there is always Jenga on hand.
All in all I bet that this bar will become your favorite too.

1 Thank Snickuz