“San Isidro Rugby Match” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of BA Sports & Tours - CLOSED

BA Sports & Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Play Polo in Buenos Aires - Watch Polo in Buenos Aires - Polo Lessons in Buenos Aires - Polo Experience
Wellington, New Zealand
“San Isidro Rugby Match”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

This was great to experience the club that Che Guavara once played for, but otherwise I would not recommend it. I wanted to see this club specifically, and therefore had to pay additional costs. This I understood while booking, however it was a club rugby match, with no allocated seating, and cost much more than an international game. I did get a person who picked me up and provided transport from my hotel (with their friend). The guide was not very friendly, although ok, but they did not want to support - or I gather watch - the San Isidro club. I think they also made a lot of assumptions about my knowledge of the game (or the lack thereof due to my gender). It made the experience awkward and uncomfortable, which for the cost paid was a shame. In hindsight, I should have got a taxi and taken a friend from my tour, and had a much better time for probably much less. However the initial contact to set up this tour was very friendly and helpful.
(This review was for July 2012, not 2013 but this form does not have this option - I keep getting trip advisor emails for this which prompted me to finally post)

Visited July 2013

Denver, Colorado
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Completely misrepresented”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2013

What a total shame to have our Polo experience ruined by this company's complete lack of ethical behavior. First, if you can get them to give you a STRAIGHT answer about the cost of having them escort you to a Polo Match, you are better off than we were. There was a price on a brochure they sent us, a price on their website, the price they quoted, and they of course the price they charged us. The price they ended up charging us was 25% more than what they quoted.Their reasoning was they used an arbitrary exchange rate to charge your credit card. Our experience was not worth the money even if they did charge us what they quoted us. We were told we would have tranport (which we did) Polo Guides (they brought one for each couple for our group. The problem is we were four friends traveling together, none of us couples. Not a good assumption on their part) they told us they would have champagne (which was a single serving that they pulled out of a coleman cooler) and "Snacks" which consisted of a box of chocolates. They tour guides were kind and tried to help us understand Polo. The problem was, we were there to have fun and thought this would give us a more luxurious experience. It wasn't. It was just a wildly overpriced bus trip to the Polo Matches which were about a 10 minute drive from our hotel in Palermo neighborhood. This group took a ton of advantage of us. don't use them. Buy your own tickets or get them from your hotel. They stadium is HUGE and unless you are going to a final match, i suspect getting tickets is pretty easy.

Visited November 2012
chicago, Il
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Private Auto Tour Buenoa Aires”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

I arranged a private 4 hour auto tour of Buenos Aires our first full day there. The owner of the tour company is Max Yeddid and I made these arrangements over the internet before we traveled. His contact info is:
Máximo Yedid
www.BAtourguide.com.ar

Max arranged for an English speaking tour guide named Victoria to meet us at our hotel and take us on the tour. There was a separate driver which worked out very well as we were able to jump in and out of the car at the various attractions. Victoria was a very proud and passionate tour guide and we were taken to Plaza Mayo, Cafe Tortini, Puerto Madero, La Boca, Recoleta and the cemetery, and finally she showed us all around the area of Palermo near our hotel for restaurants and shopping. She recommended restaurants, shopping areas, a tango bar with free tango lessons on Saturday night, etc.

This tour gave us an excellent overview of Buenos Aires and added greatly to our overall enjoyment of the rest of our week in BA. I would highly recommend this tour!!!

The cost of this 4 hour tour was $200 US and I felt that it was well worth it!

Visited March 2012
2 Thank tennisdir
Hong Kong, China
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 114 helpful votes
“When in Argentina....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2011

A truly argentinian experience going out to play Polo. Was a lot harder than it looks and you really have a new appreciation for these sports people. The horses were pretty sedate and so good for beginners and the tuition was good. If you have an afternoon spare you should check it out

Visited July 2011
London, UK
“Polo BA”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2010

Our trip was approximately 45 min outside the city. Very relaxed atmosphere. The polo poneys are easy to ride for all levels. I would not recommend for kids below 12 as the mallet is heavy, even I could not have taken another lesson in the afternoon. Take the full day only only if you play tennis or another sport that strengthens your right-hand grip. Bring a glove if you can. The instructors are very nice and speak English. The tour is a bit expensive for kids.