“Great spot in Palermo for fancy dinner”
Review of Crizia

Crizia
Ranked #64 of 5,046 Restaurants in Buenos Aires
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Palermo
Description: Crizia sets a fresh, international and contemporary cuisine in charge of his cook and owner, Gabriel Oggero. The offer contains dishes inspired on international cookery as Mediterranean, Asian and Peruvian in addition to our typical Argentinian recipes, like grilled meats, Patagonian lamb and South Atlantic Ocean fish. It stands out the oyster bar which is supplied by an exclusive oyster bed in Patagonia region, considered the most important in the city by specialised critics. With a modern and clear design, the salon shows the open view kitchen and the glazed winery, where you can find more than 350 wine labels of all around the world and a storage of 3500 bottles. The main lounge has a soft and warm lighting with ambient music, chosen by a DJ, to create a cozy and pleasant atmosphere. It has comfortable and quite separated tables, tasty fresh flowers decors, a fireplace near the living room area and a huge bar with a great variety of spirits where our creative bartenders make fabulous cocktails. You can also find whiskies, grappas, single malts, cognacs and armagnacs. Art is all around Crizia. We have local painters artworks along our main salon, where you can combine the magic of paintings and the fantastic view through the picture window to Soria alley with it bohemian charming
Reviewed 18 March 2014

We ate here on a week night so the restaurant wasn't full, but the decor was chic and really romantic. Soft lighting set the stage for a fancy, romantic dinner for my husband and I. The bar looks awesome and is the focal point of the dining room.

We enjoyed a great bottle of Malbec (what else would you drink in Argentina?!), and had the combinado del oyster bar as an appetizer. I've never seen oysters so large in my life, and I live in Florida. The presentation was gorgeous and they were delicious. I had the tuna for an entree and it was prepared with an Asian style vegetable. The size of the portion was huge - almost too much to eat, but it was so good!

The service was great and we'd definitely recommend this to friends traveling to BA.

There are newer reviews for Crizia

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Well that is the summary of my experience when I left CRIZIA, having selected some superb oysters Rockefeller and a great lambrack the oysters ofcourse consumed with an Argentinian Sparkling White, and the maincourse had to be the grape that only Argentina produces, Malbec, a wonderfull red, recommened by a very knowledgable waiter, who really made our evening quite perfect.

The decor is elongated classy bar/high level dining tables, great decor, as suitable for business as for couples.

Not overtly cheap, but perfectly reasonable consiering the high standard, so very good value for your money.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

If it is not the best restaurant in Palermo Soho for fine dining then it is certainly one of the few best in a myriad of restaurants. I agree wholeheartedly with the comments of fellow reviewers "BrightonBelle_10" and "SilverStarTransfers".

Unfortunately I live in Brighton, Melbourne, Australia and, unlike "SilverStarTransfers", I won't be going back to Crizia very soon, much as I would love to do so!

Reviewed 11 February 2014

Had a good meal here. The restaurant is in a big warehouse type space but manages to still feel warm and inviting and elegant. The staff were helpful if a bit formal, though I put some of that down to language barrier. The food and wine were excellent and I appreciated the English menu.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

Been living in BsAs for 5 years now, and can't believe I haven't heard of this place until just a few days ago. Had an awesome dinner, fresh oysters Crizia then a perfectly seared red tuna, nice wine list, great open ambience, candlelit, contemporary. Great value in relation to the prices, can't wait to go back, they even had a salt bar with 8 different kinds of salts.

I would put this at the top of my list for places to dine in Palermo, and a nice break from a traditional Argentine steakhouse.