“Wonderful, romantic dinner”

Cuisines: Argentinian, Contemporary, International
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Puerto Madero
Description: CHILA has gourmet cuisine with Argentinian products. CHILA has several prizes: Position 21th in the 50 best restaurant in latinamerica 2015, Position 21th in the 50 best restaurant in latinamerica 2014, Position 28th in the 50 best Restauraants in Latinamerica 2013 (San Pellegrino guide), Best Argentinian Restaurant 2008 (Argentinian Academy of Gastronomy), CHEF of the Future 2009 (International Academy of Gastronomy, Best Restaurant 2010 (Cuisine & Vins).
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I had our first BA meal here and were very pleased. The staff was very welcoming and bilingual (being our first night in BA, this was very helpful). The food was delicious, we both had fish which was a welcome option after all the red meat we had in Mendoza! It was prix fixe, which isn't usually our thing, but we felt we had sufficient options, so no worries. We found the food imaginative and very well executed. The wine list was good and competitively priced. The waitstaff was pleasant and the meal was well paced. The view was fabulous. Overall, would highly recommend!

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Ate a 3 course meal here ( we were a couple) with a bottle of fine wine and couple of water bottles. The bill came to 1900 Argentine pesos.

is it worth 1900 pesos? hell, no.

Their is no doubt that ambience is beautiful. The tables are at a distance, to allow privacy.

The waiters are bilingual, extremely helpful.

The menu is bilingual as well ( ask for English menu).

The biggest disapointment for me was the food. I found it below average and nothing worth so much money. The portions were extremely small.

The 3 course meal has a variety of options. Choose well. Maybe the choices made by us were a disaster. I ate deer meat and was horribly done. The postre was pretty ordinary as well.

Overall, I feel their are better ways to spend 1900 pesos in Buenos Aires. But if you want to dine in Puerto Madero and have this view + got money to burn..Go ahead and eat here.

I do not plan to return here. ( despite some of the positive mentioned above)

If my review was helpful, and I hope it was, please consider choosing the 'yes' tab below in the helpful comments section. Thank you and enjoy your day. Sally.

4  Thank Sally M
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Ate here with 3 colleagues in May 2014. We have spent many evenings eating in Puerto Madero and this was our first time in Chila. We had the 3 course menu. My starter of scallops was very tasty and my main of goat was cooked perfectly, however as others have mentioned the peanut soufflé for dessert was to die for.

The ambience looks a little sterile at first but the service is just right (Friendly and just the right level of attentiveness ) I will definitely be going back on my next trip to Buenos Aires.

Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

We went to this restaurant on a Monday night, so the restaurant was calm and very enjoyable. The food was amazing. We had a delicious egg, ham and bean salad and the boar and beef were really outstanding. The desserts were also top notch (dulce de leche soufflé...). The service was very attentive and actually spoke very good English. Though it was more expensive than most meals in BA ($590 pesos for 3 courses) it was still a great value for the quality of the food. definitely go!

1  Thank wagger301
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

For me this is the best place to have a marvelous dinner experience in Buenos Aires. The atmosphere is cozy and calm. The careful to prepare meals is seen in each detail. All the courses was amazing and tastefull. Choose a table in front of the river. Totally recommended!