Epico Recoleta Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Unique Art Elegance(Buenos Aires)
Art Suites(Buenos Aires)
Alta Piazza(Buenos Aires)
Dazzler Recoleta(Buenos Aires)
Hotel Recoleta(Buenos Aires)
  • Room Service
Hotel Principe(Buenos Aires)
Hotel Arenales(Buenos Aires)
  • Breakfast included
A Hotel Art Gallery(Buenos Aires)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsrooms are smallgreat locationrecoletabataxis
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 August 2013

I have been travelling for three months, through Cuba, Colombia, Peru, Chile, Uruguay and Argentina. I've stayed in a range of budget and Boutique hotels and this place is by far the worst. No in room Internet unless you pay $9USD per day or $3USD an hour and it isn't great. The rooms are medievally dark, without ample light to brighten up the room sufficiently. The television is rubbish, without the option to switch between Spanish and English (which is common throughout South America).

During checkout and after the payment for my room successfully went through, the hotel wanted to keep all of my credit card details including the CCV code on file and on paper. They couldn't understand why I as concerned as any fraudster could has all the information they need to max out my card.

I cannot slag this hotel off enough. The owners should not be allowed to run a business and they should consider joining the circus as they're complete clowns.

Room Tip: The good rooms are in other hotels.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 August 2013

basically the worst experience in the hotel was the small room and that I had to pay for wifi in that room but the price was good for what they have to offer. The staff was very attentive, everything was very clean and the location is nice.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2013

I stayed at Palácio Laprida Boutique hotel for 4 nights in june. It has a new name because it has undergone some changes. The rooms are painted in black and purple, modern but somewhat a bit dark, Location is good. 10 mn walk to the cemetery of Recoleta and near dowtown too. It is also near (by cab) to the harbour os Puerto Madero where you have lots of wonderful restaurants. Buenos Aires is a huge city so of course you can´t do everything just by walking.
I think the neighborhood of Palermo Soho is now becoming what Recoleta used to be. More bohemian and less "touristy" (maybe the difference that exists between Champs Elysées and St. Germain) but the fares for this hotel were much more affordable so we chose it for that. My husband and I did not have breakfast at the hotel. Food in Buenos Aires is cheap and there are many options just nearby. People at reception were very nice. Gave us good tips on what to do at nights (going to jazz clubs, etc),

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank monicaaguiar
Reviewed 4 July 2013 via mobile

Good breakfast, with fresh fruit and delicious "medial umas". Good neighborhood, close to Recoleta square, good location. Close to subway. Helpfull staff. Breakfast room was too small. We had to wait for a table almost every day. Bedrooms were nice but dark. Good value for money.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Having just stayed in this hotel for a night on a short trip to BA from Cordoba and onwards to Japan I can say it is good if your needs are only just above basic. With this I don’t mean it is bad place to stay at all. Rooms are comfortable enough, with air conditioning and all. Shower is also good and brekkie would be your typical Argentinean breakfast. Don’t expect eggs or anything hot; instead you will have croissants (both sweet and savoury), toast, mini alfajores, butter, preserves and Argentina omnipresent sweet: Dulce de Leche.
One thing I have found slightly annoying is that all staff are extremely young (or maybe it’s me getting old….) and do not seem to be properly trained answering the phone and leaving one on waiting whilst the caller is being dealt with. I understand the answer-within-three-rings rule but I also know that the costumer in from has precedence over the one on the phone….. In their defence this hasn’t only happened in this hotel but I’ve experienced it all over the country. So might be just the way things are round here…. One really good thing is that I arrived early and they had no problems checking me in and also gave me a complimentary late check out on my departure day. Please note check-out here is 10 am and not the customary 12 noon.
One thing I must stress is that there was a slightly unpleasant smell coming form the loo. Nothing too strong that would have prompted a complaint or a request of changing rooms, but it was there. Another not so positive thing was the noise from the street so try and ask for a room that is not facing the street.
The chaps at the desk are also very competent when it comes to act as a concierge.
Overall I can recommend this hotel if you do not wish to stay with any of the big payers and try a local chain thus contributing to the local economy.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo