Chose this hotel for a couple of days in Buenos Aires on the way back from an Antarctic Cruise. Did my research and liked the sound of this boutique hotel in the quiet district of Palermo Hollywood. Very pleased with the decision for the following reasons:
1. Wonderful staff for whom nothing was too much trouble. They helped with restaurant recommendations, places to see and even arranged a private driver to the airport for us. The staff were not only charming, but spoke English, French, Spanish and maybe more, so communication was easy.
2. The hotel itself was delightful, a little quirky in a nice French way, and very comfortable. I was so pleased that I’d booked the room on the second floor with a large rooftop terrace and Jacuzzi because the weather was extremely hot during our stay in January. After returning from a day of sightseeing, I just filled the tub with cold water and sat in it for a hour. Completely private with trees and plants all around. Just perfect. The room was small and was missing the usual box of tissues, but apart from that, was pleasant and adequate.
3. Location. Buenos Aires is a fairly noisy and busy city. Enjoyable, but nice to get away from, so it was great to walk back or take a cab ride from the touristy parts to this calm area, taking in the mid-town everyday life as we went along. Even though our room was at the front of the hotel, we were never bothered by noise, traffic or otherwise. It didn’t matter which way you turned outside the hotel – there were all kinds of restaurants and bars scattered close by and throughout the neighbourhood.
We would definitely recommend the Rendez Vous. It was a pleasant change from the cookie cutter, impersonal hotels that we often find ourselves in, for the sake of convenience or lack of courage to try something different and memorable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Palermo, a typical Buenos Aires neighborhood that combines elegance and hype, our 1904 French Petit Hotel offers the proximity to many restaurants, bars, discos, fashionable clothes and furniture boutiques and antique shops, with the quietness of a human-sized house that respects everybody's needs. Our 11 bedrooms were neatly decorated following the principles of Feng Shui. Each one, with its own colors, fabrics and theme, celebrates the natural and cultural wonders of Argentina. In Hotel Rendez Vous, you will not only have a rendezvous with yourself, but also with the Argentine spirit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Rendez Vous Hotel Buenos Aires reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.