“A good place to stay”

Eco Pampa Hostel
Mendoza, Argentina
“A good place to stay”
Reviewed 1 April 2012

The location is very convenient, it's in the heart of Palermo Soho a few blocks from Plaza Serrano,
I disliked the mattress, it was worn out, and was very thin I even felt the wood of the bed on my back.
I don't recommend itfor old people due to steep stairs.
It's a good option for young travelers who want to enjoy the nightlife of buenos aires.

• Stayed March 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Jackson, Wyoming
Reviewed 22 March 2012

I stayed here because my other hostel was full and I didn't book in advance. It was a little pricey for me and I didn't really like the overall feel. Very dark and cold feeling. I didn't spend a lot of time in it I guess but I didn't really want to. Hot showers and internet and towels and good security. Wasn't my favorite and I would chose my other hostel over this one. And it was so HOT at night I could hardly sleep!But the lad at the counter was super nice (Sophie I think)!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 9 March 2012

You will not be safe there, I had my iPad stolen from behind a locked door, with THREE of their staff watching me while I slept, and had been there for 3 months! When I asked them to reimburse me for my loss after I had spent 3 MONTHS there, they said they wouldn't at all. They instead decided to comp me a month on my NEXT stay there. My NEXT ?!?!?!? Dude I won't be back EVER!

Room Tip: Don't bother.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank MagicMiles

Travellers are raving about these Buenos Aires hotels

Reviewed 22 February 2012

This hostel was amazing. It's super clean, a great downstairs lounge area with air con and an awesome breakfast that lasts all morning. I was unlucky to bring a Gastro bug from Bariloche with me, but the owner and staff of Eco Pampa went above and beyond to help me. Travelling alone is not easy when you get sick but I will be forever grateful for their kindness. A truly awesome place!

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank Pilko7
wunderland
Reviewed 28 January 2012

i was very looking forward to this nice hostel...the only nice thing was the house colour! Stay away...this is what i will do the next time i am in town. Beds are bad, roomdoors have a 5cm gab between the floor...so you hear everything: the neighbours, the cleaning stuff from 7am....the private bath was not clean and for the "very" eco hostel we had 2 nights cold showers. I am sorry but there are much better hostels in town for the same price.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank aliceim
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 19 January 2012

I stayed in this hostel in a private room on two occasions whilst in Buenos Aires. First time for three nights in an average room with terrible mattress.On my return the following week i was assigned a private room (room 9) that had a generator overhead. The noise was so bad i had to check into a different hotel as they had no other rooms. I thoroughly enjoyed my stayed in 5 other hostels/ hotels whilst in Argentina in particular the argentinian enthusiasm of the staff for the guests. Unfortunately Eco Pampa staff seemed very un- interested in the guests, but very interested in making sure that every peso has been charged . Would not recommend this hostel for private rooms.

Room Tip: avoid room 9 (private room)
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank spsdub
tokyo
Reviewed 27 December 2011

All staff are helpful, if you ask them. One negative thing is that you have to go up on many stairs to arrive at your room.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo