“For the best service and stay...”

Algodon Mansion - Relais & Chateaux
Ranked #92 of 443 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed 27 February 2012

My wife and I stayed here during Januray of 2011. The hotel is located in a great neighborhood with trendy shops and restaurants within walking or short cab ride. The staff are young but very professional, courteous and helpful. The restaurant is fantastic with exceptional service. The small lobby bar is great place to chill before heading out to dinner! The suites were beautiful, roomy, with all modern amenities. The bathrooms were very bright, roomy, and modern with great amenities. This is an exclusive small hotel for people who like to live it up. The only negative is that the spa was advertised but non- existent.

There was construction noise in the building next door, and they upgraded us to another suite. Very accommodating staff.

We selected this place for the second leg of our trip over four seasons, and we are glad we did.

Room Tip: They like to do all communications over email, however it pays to call.
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Travel-Well-000
There are newer reviews for Algodon Mansion - Relais & Chateaux

Reviewed 21 February 2012

This is a very comfortable hotel with a great staff in the heart of Recoleta. Easy walk to the Cemetary, a top restaurant and great rooms.

Room Tip: Get and Ambasador suite on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 February 2012

The Algodon Mansion is a great place to stay in BA. There are only 10 rooms and the service fantastic. We had room ten which was very well appointed with modern elegant finishings and the best shower I have ever been in! They have great attention to detail including a hidden adapter that will work with any plug. Nice touch!
The food was excellent and the concierges were all very fun as well as very helpful. If you have ever stayed at Jay's Paris in Paris, France, the Algodon is quite similar in terms of rooms, location and service BUT the Algodon has a great restaurant as well.
They just got their Relais and Chateau certification last month so I am thinking it will be smart to book in advance!

Room Tip: Room 10 is super. You'll LOVE the shower.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LisaKnoxville
Reviewed 26 January 2012

I had the great pleasure of staying at Algodon Mansion (and also their Winery Estates in San Rafael shortly thereafter). Everything looked amazing (rooms, beds, food, wine, everything), and the attentive full service was outstanding.
The Mansion was quiet and serene (which is what I was looking for), with a good staff to guest ratio.
Their restaurant, Chez Nous was outstanding, and we even ran into the Chef the next day, who was extremely friendly and down to earth, despite the fact that he runs arguably the best restaurant in Buenos Aires.
The concierge was great with recommending and even booking excursions and restaurant reservations throughout our stay.
The most unique and memorable part of the hotel: the winelist on iPad...

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank J L
Reviewed 21 January 2012

For our part business, part pleasure visit of Buenos Aires we decided to splurge. After reviewing the usual choices of upscale hotels such as the Four Seasons, Palacia Duhau and Alvear Palace we decided on the recently opened Algodon Mansion, which due to its size and location seemed to suit our needs (and wants) better. From start to finish it was fantastic. The hotel contacted us for possible transportation needs and any other wishes prior to arrival. The airport pick-up went smoothly and the welcome and check-in pleasant and effortless. Our personal butler explained everything without us feeling overwhelmed and immediately made dinner reservations. The bottle of Algodon wine in the room was perfect, more so since we, on a walk through beautiful Recoleta, found an upscale mall with a fabulous produce shop selling unbelievable Argentinian sausages and cheeses, that went well with the wine.
The room was fabulous (we were upgraded to an imperial suite), high quality materials and one of the best bathrooms ever: Beautiful white marble with a huge tub and a brilliantly designed shower easily converted to a steam shower. Our room had a small balcony looking out on the backyards of neighboring properties, nice for a morning coffee, and it was absolutely quiet at night. Nice touch in the room was the Nespresso coffee machine, first 3 cups free (which is a bit odd if you share the room, 2 or 4 makes more sense).
Breakfast was absolutely great and sufficient to sustain you through lunch. Dinner in the restaurant was excellent.
Our butler arranged tango lessons and provided good tips for places to go in town. BA is safe to walk through during the daytime; we walked to Palmetto, Plaza de Mayo and more. Recoleta is absolutely safe in the evening and a stroll back to the hotel after dinner is nice.

Next time we come to BA we will be back at the mansion and combine it with a trip to Mendoza to visit their winery.

Pro's: Location, service, small scale
Con's: none

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank doublebooked
Reviewed 10 January 2012

Amazing hotel. The staff are fabulous. Extremely attentive and make everything look so effortless.

Our personal Butler, Martin was wonderful and could not have been more helpful.

The rooms are immaculate and the bath and shower are fantastic.

Great location. Highly recommend this luxury hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 1 December 2011

This was my first ever trip to South America. I decided to stay at the Algodon Mansion based on all the great reviews. I even joined the TabletPlus program to enhance my experience even more. I have no regrets. Even months before my actual stay, they were very responsive to questions that I sent them. I arranged for the hotel to provide my car service from and to the airport -- perfectly executed. I also, at the last minute, wanted to try and get into a specific restaurant. They were willing to try and get me in, pulling all sorts of connections to try and get me in. Ultimately, they could not, but Martin, one of the personal butlers, provided me with a great recommendation as an alternative and made the arrangements.

As others have mentioned, the rooms are spacious and well-appointed. I had one of the Imperial Suites and it was exactly as described and pictured on their website. I think over the three nights I stayed the hotel's 10 rooms were mostly booked. However, I never felt like the hotel was anything but a quiet sanctuary, a welcome retreat from touring the streets of Buenos Aires in 90-degree heat. The rooftop plunge pool provided a needed refreshing respite in between city explorations.

Breakfast was included (taken in the Chez Nous restaurant), where you could order a continental breakfast offering of pastries, juice and coffee/tea, or pick from a nice list of a la carte offerings. I happen to have a large appetite in the morning, so I ordered the continental breakfast an additional a la carte item. I did get charged for the extra item, but it was not exhorbitant, especially given the quality of the hotel and dining room. I also had lunch and afternoon tea and both had quality choices (including a very nice selection of teas). And, for as elegant as the hotel is, they never had a problem with a dress code during the morning and afternoon (I did not dine there in the evening).

My TabletPlus booking allowed me a later checkout (2 pm), but the car was not scheduled to take me to the airport until 7 pm. They graciously stored my luggage and told me that I could go up to the spa after my afternoon out to shower and freshen up before going to the airport.

It was a wonderful stay in a very nice neighborhood, only a few blocks from such sights as the Recoleta Cemetary. I will be back.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends