“AWWA Suites and Spa Buenos Aires Agentina”
Review of Awwa Suites & Spa

Awwa Suites & Spa
Ranked #81 of 442 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed 12 May 2013

I stayed at AWWA Suites & Spa for 10 days in April of 2013. I loved this hotel. The neighborhood felt like the Upper East Side of NYC. It was beautiful and I felt totally safe. The front desk staff is great. I was very happy with my room. I really liked the decor. I made great use of the pool (this is a heated pool that is really heated) and spa. I was also very happy with the breakfast (I like eggs for breakfast). It couldn't be easier to get a cab at the door of the hotel. Great restaurants within walking distance. Very close to the museums. I will stay at this hotel every time I visit Buenos Aires.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Deborah J

Reviewed 28 April 2013

I am currently in Buenos AIres for Business and have stayed in several different Hotels. Awwa Suites and Spa was in a good location, but I found my stay there very disappointing. While at Awwa I stayed in three (3) different rooms trying to find the peace and quiet, but I found the hotel very noisy for several different reasons and I just couldn't get a good nights sleep.

Reason 1: Hotel is very close to LIBERTADOR, the very large and main road in Buenos Aires and Lafinur is a busy cross street in the neighborhood. There seemed to be noise day and night at mostly from room on 6th floor.

Reason 2: The walls in this hotel are paper thin. It seemed that through the night I could hear everyone around me flushing the toilet, or closing doors, or having a conversation, or watching TV.

Reason 3: Large clanking noise off and on through the night in rooms on 9th and 8th floor. When I mentioned this to the management they told me there shouldn't be any noise because I was on the top floor of hotel. I think the clanking comes from the engine for the elevator or the elevator of the adjacent building, but no one looked into this for me so I left.

Other small problems that came up happen every once and awhile. The AC didn't work well for the first 2 days and the refrigerator (pretty nice kitchenettes) didn't work well the first day.

Overall, without the essentials of life on the road (good nights rest and good wifi) I was not going to try a 4th room. I found other hotels that were much more comfortable in Buenos Aires. If you are trying to stay in Palermo for the location you can try the neighborhood Palermo Soho or Palermo Hollywood.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
12  Thank Brandon W
Reviewed 2 April 2013

The concierge is exceptional. Sometimes three guys are on duty at once. They speak perfect English and enjoy giving advice and are super helpful and friendly. On Good Friday (catholic holiday) when everything was closed they accommodated a request for a beautiful flower bouquet for my wife's birthday! The flowers were really special on short notice. The location is in a wonderful little neighborhood next to a large park/rose garden. Not close to public transport but you can grab a cheap "radio taxi" (with a meter so you know they are being honest). The rooms are spacious and have a kitchenette.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Hoyaman99
Reviewed 30 March 2013

The hotel itself was good and the staff were really nice.. It's close to the parks and some really cool restaurants. When there, definitely visit the Eva Peron museum down the street. But NOTE that English is not widely spoken...

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 February 2013

We stayed here in Feb. 2013. It was an awful experience for two reasons - the rooms and the staff. Our room was filled with bugs, ants, mosquitoes, grasshoppers- you name it! They were everywhere- near the bed, on the ceiling, all along the walls. When we called management to complain about this and get another room, they told us that this was "to be expected, because the hotel is near the park." That is a ridiculous excuse - no one should sleep in a hotel room with that level of infestation. Unfortunately, we couldn't get a different room that night, so we decided to manage as much as we could. We asked the front desk for a wakeup call. Not only was the room a filthy, bug infested disaster, but the wakeup call never happened! When we spoke about everything to the management (a lady named Julietta), they assured us they would find a way to compensate us. Thankfully, we were able to find another hotel room. We heard back from Julieta that Awwa could offer us a complimentary lunch, with no wine included, at the hotel restaurant. It was laughable that they said “no wine included” in a country where wine is extremely affordable and customarily drank with most meals. Needless to say, we were not happy. Julietta then offered us a free night when we came back to Buenos Aires later that week. We asked to think about it. When I called Julietta back to confirm the offer, she said that she was no longer going to offer us a free night. Her reason was that she felt that if she gave us a free night, we would then ask for more things from the hotel.

Julietta & Awwa, if you are reading this – What a way to royally upset your customers. You provide us with a dirty, bug infested room, refuse to refund us for that night, then take back the compensation offer that *you* presented, and manage to insult us all at the same time.

Fellow travelers, please avoid this hotel. There are much cleaner and more affordable establishments elsewhere in Buenos Aires.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
15  Thank ESA32655
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Awwa suites is located in a lovely area in Buenos Aires. This is like a boutique hotel but better. The rooms were spacious and I loved having the facility to have tea/coffee plus your own fridge. I really enjoyed the gym and the pool in the downstairs level.
The hotel offers free wifi and has no trouble in organising professional taxis.
The nearby area has lovely restaurants and cafes that deserve visiting. I cant wait to go back!

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a balcony
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 February 2013

Spacious, stylish room with a king sized bed and a good, firm mattress. The hardwood floor looked clean but felt a little sticky, possibly from the cleaning solution used. Bathroom was a little cramped and there was no way not to splash a lot of water out of the shower. There was also the beginnings of a mould infestation - you can tell that the hotel is going to face maintenance issues in the not-too-distant future.

We had an excellent massage at the spa. The basement indoor pool is pretty but we noticed mould here too. The biggest issue, though, was the temperature: WARM as soup! When I asked an employee why they were running hot water into it, she said that was the temperature "they tell me to keep it at". I explained why it was not pleasant to dip in warm water on a day when it was 33C outside, and she said she understood but tactfully made it clear that there was nothing she could do about it. What a shame.

All the staff spoke excellent English and were very professional. The hotel's location is pretty good, with a few cafes, restaurants and a supermarket within a few blocks. The subway is about 10 minutes' walk.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple