“Nice place,horrible management. Read completely please.”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Icaro Suites

Icaro Suites
Ranked #49 of 451 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Nice place,horrible management. Read completely please.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Writing this in English so everyone can read. Yes this is a nice hotel, and has been righftully recognized by this site numerous times. I travel around the world often and I think I'm right when I say: good service is when things go wrong and get fixed. Not at Icaro though.

They asked me for my credit card upon check in, which is normal. I mentioned I will pay by deposit since I didn't want any charges in that CC. This is a 3 week stay by the way. One day I get a call,that I have to pay at least part because I'm over their warranty limit.

That's ok I said,I'll do a deposit in full (meaning paying IN FULL IN ADVANCE) on Monday, just let me know your bank account details so I can do it then. Monday comes and I go to work, nobody sent me the details so...I didnt pay.

Upon return I try to open my room but key has expired. This is normal as I extended my stay and forgot to ask for a key update. But when I go down to the Reception, this guy refuses to update my key and says the manager wants to speak with me. I say ok but let me go to my room. No can do, I'm forced to take a call down in the lobby standing up and being forced to hear that I m there because I refused (?) to pay. Also my credit card has been blocked,great!

I explain I wanted to pay and this is alll a misunderstanding due to employees not informing me on time of when/how/where should I pay. I offer of course to pay ,again, the next day, if someone tells me, again, how /where should I go to deposit their money.

Next day I go to my bank and decide to just withdraw the money and pay them in cash to avoid problems. When I get to the hotel, I m notified my credit card has been charged the entire amount of money because I didnt pay. Wow.

The incompetence is too great to describe folks. I pay in cash anyway and they say that will remove the charges from my credit card.

I had originally asked for and additional extension of my stay few days before this incident,but decided to cancel that seeing how this company treats you.

This is not over by the way, as I check my credit card balance today and find out I still have a 300 USD aprox charge in it...

Mistakes can happen, and they are solved by : a) finding a solution b) apologizing and compensating appropriately. In this case I was forced to hear how the hotel works with Peugeot and other big companies which I could care less. What I care about now is that nobody goes trough this again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
8 Thank Jorge B
Pablo Marcelo L, Gerente at Icaro Suites, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
First of all, when you make your reservation you were in full understanding of total amount of your reservation previous check in to be guarantee with your credit card. That’s mean as you properly stated a full guarantee was needed to cover total amount of stay.
At the moment of checked in your Credit Card when through for just a 3rd part of the entire stay to cover. So just covered almost a week of a total of three.
You also stated to our front desk staff not to use your Credit Card as a guarantee for more than that 3rd part of stay, but also You did not mentioned to Us, how you will cover the rest of your stay.
Front Desk staff kindly informed you later on your account was overbilled, to please guaranteed the present stay plus next week. At this moment you told them on Sat. you will be making a bank transfer on Monday. As you know banks transfers takes between 24 to 72 hs to get credit and are very common when you make a reservation at first, not when you are almost at the end of your stay.
You also requested to extend your stay with Us for a 4th week period, but you did not cover even your 2nd and 3rd week.
I also explained to you in a proper and professional way how to proceed .
There was not anything to compensated as we did not failed on Our operation.
As you and me know after been in severals hotels around the globe. Guarantees at check in is a must; for entire stay and incidentals .
Since Icaro Suites opens 4 years ago We never had a situation like this. We really care about Our guest and a real proof is all guest comments stated in Tripadvisor and some other websites.
We offer the solution at first and you were letting time pass for almost 4 days to cover your guarantee finally in cash.

Best Regards
Pablo Luengo
Operation Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Korean first
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

This place is a good quality hotel with all the amenities you could need.
The room we stayed in was HUGE with two queen sized beds (for two of us) and a little kitchen and seating area and a very nice bathroom. Nice large TV with english channels!
Staff were very helpful, my key randomly stopped working at one point and they got me a new one right away.
The location is near the theatre area but kind of far from most of the stuff I wanted to see. I felt safe walking back here at night though which is a huge plus for Buenos Aires.
The gym was great with a window and balcony that looks out over the city.
Would probably stay again if I couldn't find somewhere a little closer to sites I am interested in.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank KellyMath22
Argentina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We found the Icaro Suites to suit our needs perfectly. The staff were friendly , informative and efficient. The room was spacious with a large HD TV. There was no noise. There is a microwave for heating food with a dining table and 4? chairs. The breakfast offered a balanced diet which we enjoyed.

Room Tip: Ask for a wake up call on arrival. It will be booked for you.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank JimsDairy
Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

This is really a good choice when staying in BsAs downtown. It's really in a good location, 150mts from Avda Corrientes that is one of the major avenues were you can find Theaters and restaurants. The rooms are well equipped, comfortable in size and clean. The front desk service could have been a little better, but I can't say that it was bad. The breakfast good variety, a little slow in refilling empty trays, but when I asked for a particular thing it was bought to me immediately. So net/net price performance, really good.

Room Tip: The front ones facing the street on a high floor. No need for a superior suite, the normal ones are...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marcos C
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

My family and I stayed here for a total of 6 days. The reception and management were superb and treated us extremely well regardless of the time of day and what we needed. The gym and pool were excellent, the complimentary breakfast and room service by Chiquilin were both equally fantastic. Rooms are brilliantly equipped, with each floor having a separate WiFi router for great connection. The location of this hotel in my opinion is beyond ideal. Most major tourist attractions such as 9 de Julio, La Boca, San Telmo, Palermo, and Puerto Madero are less than a 10 minute walk or $3 USD taxi away. I would very highly recommend this hotel to anyone who would like to be up and around experiencing Buenos Aires most of the day, and return to an extremely comfortable hotel to rest up.

Room Tip: If you are particularly picky about noise, keep in mind you are in the heart of a major city, so fin...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Hugo V
West Bay, Grand Cayman
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here in the summer and chose it based on location and price. It was one of the cheaper options we could find. The rooms were great and suited our needs just fine. It was clean and felt safe and was a comfy place to sleep. The location was fantastic-as soon as you stepped out on the street you could walk in any direction to restaurants, shops and attractions. We walked everyday into the heart of Buenos Aires and walked around to all the shopping areas. We would occasionally take a taxi ride to places we wanted to see a little farther away-and to be safe we took taxi's home once it got dark out. I would definitely recommend this hotel for visitors looking to save some money and be in close proximity to tourist attractions.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank vballjess
Silver Spring
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

We selected Icaro Suites because of its generally good reviews on TA and were not disappointed. The rooms were large and modern with kitchen facilities and the best shower I have ever had in a hotel. The price was very good when done via Expedia. I did not use the gym or pool.
The desk staff spoke good English and the breakfast offered a good variety. Unfortunately we could not participate the second day due to an early flight (not open until 7).
Many attractions are only a short walk away as are good places to eat.

Room Tip: We had the lowest cost room which was fine, but had no view.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple