“Fabulous hotel!!”

Ranked #1 of 445 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
“Fabulous hotel!!”
Reviewed 18 October 2011

This was the first time for our GotSaga team to stay at the Fierro Hotel. We have set our minds to go back again. The staff, the service, the atmosphere and the cleanliness of the rooms, the lobby everywhere. As for the staff, always a smile and a good word from everyone. A must-Stay hotel when visiting Buenos Aires.

We found the Fierro Hotel to be an amazing place to stay; right in the middle of all the wonderful sites and places to visit in BA and yet wonderfully quiet. The morning breakfasts and afternoon snacks are exquisite! Our team met a wide variety of travellers and enjoyed our conversations with them.

This hotel exceeded all our expectations!

Patricia
Gotsaga.com

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Yenni V

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (277)
  • Korean first
Washington
Reviewed 13 October 2011

I was supposed to stay at this hotel for one week for my honeymoon this month. I'm from the U.S. and had booked a terrace suite which I was really looking forward to. Unfortunately, due to some travel complications (long story - airline related) I was unable to make it to Argentina and it didn't appear that I'd be able to make in the near future.

The reason I am writing this review is that immediately after the travel complications and I learned I'd be unable to make it to Argentina I informed the hotel to cancel my stay. It was only about 15 hours in advance, so I was already past the cancellation deadline policy of the hotel and was suppose to pay at least one night's stay. I e-mailed the hotel in detail about what had happenned and to regretfully cancel my visit. Julián Grano, Sub Gerente General of the Fierro Hotel Boutique replied to my e-mail to confirm the cancellation. In addition, due to our travel complications and ruined honeymoon to Argentinia, Julián had enough kindness to waive the cancellation fee. I think many other hotels would have taken the business approach and forced me to pay the fee since the complications had nothing to do with the hotel. However, the Fierro staff did the right thing. When things go haywire this kind of kindness is greatly appreciated and is telling of the good character of an establishment.

I should mention I had e-mailed the hotel with a few questions in the weeks leading up to our intended stay and always received a reply within a few hours. I wish we could have made it to Argentina for our honeymoon and stayed at this hotel which appears to be very nice. The staff is a class act and eventually when we do go to Buenos Aires we will be staying at the Fierro.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank rowdyburns22
Reviewed 13 October 2011

Great, large rooms and a fabulous rooftop jacuzzi-pool with sauna. The staff are very friendly and helpful. I love Palermo with its Bohemian street cafes, restaurants and shops.

If you have a conference at La Rural, like me, it's just around the corner.

• Stayed October 2011
3 Thank Reklawas
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 30 September 2011

Our stay here was brief - two separate nights, each because of a stuff up with airlines. The 6 hour wait at Jorge Newbury Aeroparque - only to have our plane cancelled at 10pm - did not make for a pleasant evening but our Sydney travel agent sorted out a room for us here.

They did some of the best room service food I've had. The reception staff were very helpful. And, even although the restaurant did not open for breakfast until 7, when we went downstairs at 5 in the morning to catch an early flight, there was a table laid out for us with a little BsAs degustation breakfast (all the rage here), only missing the hot bit.

Nice people, nice hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank graeme_c_h
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 25 September 2011

We had the great pleasure of staying in Fierro’s Terrance Suite Room for five nights in September 2011. The room occupies the entire 8th floor of the hotel and was as elegant, modern and spacious as we could have hoped. The private terrace itself is huge – with a dining table and lounge chairs. It has a beautiful view of the (vast) Palermo neighborhood, and at night you can sit outside for hours and watch others grill on their own patios. We didn’t have the opportunity to use the asado grill that’s part of the room – but we did use the outdoor Jacuzzi tub. We also availed ourselves heavily of the Nespresso coffee machine and the in-room iPad and wireless. The hotel pool is one floor below, and we were very pleased to find it well-heated, and well-lit in the evenings. Though the weather was cool, we were able to swim each night (killing time before the late late BA dinners) We also enjoyed sitting in the lovely back garden for cocktails one evening.

The staff spoke perfect English and were very helpful. ( They were especially accommodating in changing those hard-to-use 100 peso bills.) We also appreciated the way the hotel sent us suggestions for dining and activities even prior to our stay and responded quickly to our emailed questions. If you stay here, do not miss dining at HG – a restaurant as equally elegant and modern as the hotel itself.

The Palermo Hollywood neighborhood, while not unsafe, is pretty sparsely populated. It is a bit of a pain to get “across the tracks” on foot or by cab. Hollywood still seems up-and-coming. It does not at all match the density of dining options and storefronts in the SoHo area. That being said, cabs are cheap and plentiful, the street was restful and quiet, and there are some great walkable options. [We’d recommend Oui Oui for a ridiculously good price fix lunch and the parilla Miranda] While we didn’t use the nearby gym, we had a few good runs through the neighborhood streets.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank EastCoaster36
MartinARG, General Manager at Fierro Hotel Buenos Aires, responded to this review, 30 September 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review. Today we celebrate our first anniversary and getting a note like yours on this day makes us very very happy.

We will continue to work to improve and exceed our guests expectations.

I look forward to welcoming you back at Fierro very soon and hopefully enjoying a drink together in our garden.

All the best,

Martin Rosberg
Director
Recife, PE
Reviewed 25 September 2011

very spacious rooms, fine decorated, excellent bed and linens, large bathroom, nice sofa on a small living room. Very friedly staff and a well renamed restaurant.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
México
Reviewed 24 September 2011

Friendliest staff ever, all the time. Good location. Excellent rooms, quiet, spacious and great bed and linens. Even the toiletries are excellent. You can walk and about with no problems. Did not go to the gym which opens at 8 am. The pool is as you see in the pictures but just slightly bigger than a plunge pool. Sauna and steam room in perfect order.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo