“Excellent stay at Fierro”

Fierro Hotel Buenos Aires
Ranked #1 of 445 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Montreal, Canada
“Excellent stay at Fierro”
Reviewed 18 November 2012

Very nice hotel in Soho Palermo. Only positives, except maybe location, that is slightly off city center.
Pluses:
- Large, modern room, very comfortable bed.
- Excellent and cordial service from the front desk: They even accepted a 5 PM late checkout!
- Excellent breakfast at the restaurant downstairs.
- Very good value.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (277)
  • Korean first
london
Reviewed 15 November 2012

this is a small , modern boutique hotel, beautifully designed and cleaned and maintained. We found the staff to be very helpful, while not stuffy as in some of the named hotels.Reception staff could not do enough to help and advise.
The room was spacious and the bed enormous- i had to send a search party out for my wife!!TV, wi-fi,nice powerful shower(no bath) and a great touch, a big bottle of water free and repalced every day.The only criticism i would have is the poor sound proofing and somewhat basic aircon system.
Breakfast was stylish in presentation and we particulalry enjoyed the scrambled eggs- beware poached if you dont like runny eggs!!Our waitresses were only too happy to provide additional beverages.
There is a small pool that gets sun in the morning and a free sauna too.
Location is fine if you do not want to be in the centre of town- the metro was about 7 minutes walk away and a twenty minute ride in to Catedral/ city centre.There are nice small shops and restaurants in the area.
I would go back.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank tomnNW4
Greystones, Ireland
Reviewed 13 November 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights based on the reviews. A stunning boutique hotel. Extremely modern with incredible breakfasts. The room was large, which was a surprise as the hotel looks small from the outside. Staff at reception were extremely helpful. Room had beautiful decor, nespresso (at a small charge), WiFi and very comfortable bed. Hotel also has a small rooftop pool and sauna. The breakfasts were amazing. We didn't eat at the hotel at night as BA has so many cool options, especially Palermo. We stayed in Palermo for 3 nights and 4 nights in Recoleta in another boutique hotel but would recommend Fierro.

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room and a got a nice corner room.
1 Thank Diarmaid
Reviewed 11 November 2012

My husband & I chose the hotel based on reviews & location. It didn't disappoint. A great neighborhood, many restaurants & Metro nearby, also Palermo Soho restaurants & weekend artists market only about fifteen minutes walk. But the real charm was the hotel itself. We had a room overlooking the garden, which was lovely & quiet (except for a barking neighborhood dog, obviously not the hotel's fault). The staff were all helpful, accommodating, extremely nice (& English speaking). The screen door to our balcony was jammed & two people showed up to repair it immediately. They lent me an extra converter for my curling iron. They advised on restaurants etc., and VERY graciously extended our checkout time to accommodate our late airport departure schedule. We loved B..A. & we would stay at the Fierro again in a heartbeat. Did I mention how attractive & modern the hotel & rooms are, in red, white & black? And how very comfortable the beds are? The restaurant is delicious, though we only had breakfasts there ... first-rate croissants.

• Stayed November 2012
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 7 November 2012

We stayed 4 days during the week of October 19th. It's located in an up-and-coming neighborhood 4 blocks from the subway station. The rooms are stylish, great hardwood floors (even though they can be noisy at night...) The staff was super friendly and helpful. They helped us make reservations for a great tango show in San Telmo. Our return flight was very early in the morning and the front desk offered to bring us continental breakfast to our room at 5 a.m., no additional charge. We'll stay here next time we come to Buenos Aires, which we hope will be soon!

Santa Monica, California
Reviewed 6 November 2012

My experience at the Fierro Hotel could not have been better. The rooms are spacious and I loved the modern decor. I also loved the roof top terrace and pool to relax after a 'hard' day of sightseeing.

The breakfast was the best I encountered during my three week stay in Argentina and it was more than enough to keep me full until lunch. I especially loved the foamy yogurt and appreciated that there was fresh fruit included.

The location of the hotel is great, it's an easy walk to the Subte (local subway) which was a great alternative to taking taxis as traffic in Buenos Aires is quite heavy similar to large US cities such as NYC or Los Angeles. There are also plenty of dining and shopping options within walking distance.

The best thing about the Fierro Hotel is the staff. Every person I encountered was extremely friendly and helpful, special thanks to the Front Desk staff & manager for helping me book tickets and for finding a creative solution to allow me to stay in a room until late in the evening as my flight back to the US was not until very late at night. Those are the 'little' things that differentiate great hotels from merely good one and the Fierro is definitely a great hotel!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank german_in-
Ireland
Reviewed 5 November 2012

You know one of those hotels that wants you to be grateful that you're staying there? One of those hotels that exudes smugness...if you don't try here.

On the positives, there are many. Classy rooms, excellent roof top pool, efficient staff, clean and shiny...all as you would have read about in the reviews.

But the lost mark is a little intangible. The staff don't treat you as if you're their special guest. Then you get to the breakfast. The waitress was the most rude we've encountered in years. Too cool to give the guest an extra cup of coffee! Maybe she was busy but it was extraordinary. Then we get to the food itself. Wonderful tasty food is eventually served but we waited 15 minutes for food, small portions and rather than feel full after eating you just feel tired, unloved and a little hungry. Proposed solution - offer a buffet to hungry guests and then allow your busy waitress swan around serving the "fancy food". I got the feeling buffets weren't cool enough for this place - shame. I like to be fed, quickly and with manners at breakfast.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
JulianGrano, Gerente at Fierro Hotel Buenos Aires, responded to this review, 6 November 2012
Dear guest:

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your opinion on line. The feed back from our guests is really apreciated as an important tool to improve the quality of the service we offer.

Considering your comment let me inform you that I have already conducted the internal follow up with our waitresses in order to avoid a similar situation in the future.
We do know that our gourmet breakfast is different than other kind of breakfasts however we regulary offer the posibility of repeat or modify something from the menu depending on our guest wishes.

I am truly sorry that your experience with us could not meet your expectations and I hope to see you again any other opportunity to show you the improvement done.

Do not hesitate to contact me for any further assistance and I remain at your entire disposal.

Best regards