“Very good but not quite exceptional”

Fierro Hotel Buenos Aires
Ranked #1 of 447 Hotels in Buenos Aires
London
“Very good but not quite exceptional”
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Stayed here with by boyfriend for 3 nights in a junior suite. We were pleasantly surprised by the room- it was really spacious and nicely furnished with really comfortable bed so couldn't fault it. Reception staff are really helpful providing advice on restaurants and making reservations etc. This hotel is in a great location for restaurants as there are some nice ones nearby. There is also a subtle station nearby for getting into the centre and other areas of the city. A couple of things however meant that the hotel fell short of being exceptional. The breakfast was delicious with nice fresh fruit and choice of breads/eggs. However service was a little slow/ unreliable on a couple of occasions although mistakes were quickly rectified and the staff were very friendly. The safe in our room broke meaning that all our belongings/passport got locked inside. In fairness however the staff quickly managed to unlock it. I also found that the hot water/ water pressure in the shower was a bit changeable depending on whether other guests were showering at the same time. All quite minor things and overall I would say that this Hotel was really very good but just not quite exceptional!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
MartinARG, Owner at Fierro Hotel Buenos Aires, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing us and for your kind words regarding our rooms and our service.
We will be looking into the issue of the shower water pressure right away, thank you for pointing that out.
As for the safe inconvenience and the breakfast mistakes I am happy that our team was there to assist you and things got fixed right away.
I look forward to welcome you back at Fierro very soon and to have the chance of being "exceptional" on your next stay.
All the best,
Martin Rosberg
Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
  • Korean first
Temecula, California
Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

Pretty small boutique hotel, although great things come in small packages :)

Again, the employees pay very close attention to accommodating tbeir guest they genuinely care & it shows. I can see why Trendsetter voted Fierro one of the great boutique hotels in Palermo.

Nothing is a challenge for them... You forgot your adaptor no worries they will give you 2. You have NO more room in your luggage they will hold on to a few items for you until you make arrangements.

You have NO idea where to eat ...no need too they do. They suggested Voltaire & it was superb. Walking distance right around the corner.

They arranged our taxi for the airport (EARLY AM) taxi was 10 min's early....amaxing staff!

Thanks guys for such a "stress free" stay.

Highly recommend!!!

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your great review and kind words.
I am happy that our team helped you with your needs and that your stay was a "stress free" one, that is the way I enjoy travelling too.
Looking forward to welcoming you back at Fierro soon,
All the best,
Martin Rosberg
Director
Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

Helpful staff & comfortable rooms in chic Palermo neighborhood. Over the top Breakfast was served in fancy Hernam Gipponi restaurant. Great presentation & tasty dishes made each breakfast a must-do. Only negative was weak water pressure in the shower. It seems like that should be fixable.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Nicosia, Cyprus
Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

I was booked to stay here for a couple of days business . The rooms and the service were great.I had a faulty phone (no big deal) was fixed the same day and letter addressed to me was left in my room. I needed and iron, none were available (no big deal) next day I was informed they went and bought some more for the hotel !

Food amazing ! Really, you don't want to leave hotel. Roof top pool is lovely as is the sauna. Who ever owns or manages the place knows what he is doing . Spot on !!!!

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank OsborneBJC
Marseille, France
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I came to this hotel last year and I loved it. I came back again this year and I didn't regret it! It was like coming home. The administrator made me feel like family. He is welcoming, helpful and very friendly. The rooms are spacious, modern and very clean. I am staying in a room on the seventh floor. The location of this hotel is also excellent. It is close to many good restaurants at a walking distance. It is also close to the shopping district of Palermo Soho. Coming back from a 13 hour trip, and jet lagged, it was wonderful to eat their breakfast, full of healthy food and vitamins. Tonight, I will dine at the hotel. The food is excellent and I really like the menu. The food is subtle, original and a fusion of surprising combinations of Argentinian, French, Italian. I will always come back to this hotel. I highly recommend it. I don't understand the criticism of some reviewers concerning the colors of the hotel. I was recently at a 5 star hotel in Gordes, France, with very chic colors. The service was cold and unfriendly. I am willing to exchange excellent service for chic colors any time. The main color is white, the furniture is black and the rugs have a little bit of red. I don't see what is the problem with that!

Room Tip: Choose the room on the highest floor.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Small, clean, modern boutique hotel close to Palermo Hollywood. Not palacial, but very quiet and well run. Our room had a HUGE private balcony over the ground floor restaurant's outdoor space. The staff was helpful and thoughtful - they left a note and housemade chocolates in my room for my birthday! The restaurant at this hotel is exceptional particularly for dinner. Intentive, fresh, local and seasonally balanced. Service was on par with Chicago (that is saying a lot as service in South America can sometimes really underwhelm). I think the value was decent for what you get. I have zero complaints about this business.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Winnipeg Beach, Canada
Reviewed 14 October 2013

The hotel is modern and they have a great breakfast. Everyday the changed the options and that was good for my teens.
I travelled to Buenos Aires with 2 children (teens) and they need to go out by themselves during evenings so Palermo was a good area for that and full of restaurants and modern stores.
There are many hotel boutiques around but this one was ok for my family.
Highly recommended.