“Excellent hotel, I would stay here again and again...”

Fierro Hotel Buenos Aires
Ranked #1 of 447 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Newbury, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent hotel, I would stay here again and again...”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I just went to BA for a couple's getaway and stayed at the Fierro Hotel. I must admit that when the taxi pulled over in front of the hotel I was a bit sceptical, don't let this be a turn off, as soon as I entered reception I've changed my mind. Service at the front desk was excellent, polite, helpfull etc, just as it is ought to be. We arrived earlier and had to wait for our room, no problem as the lobby is very trendy and comfortable.

The room was very nice indeed, spacious, clean and had all the ammenities, very well furnished, bathroom was spacious as well, nicely decorated, we like modern so this was heaven for us. I must comment on the shower, this was the best I ever had!! I never thought I would use the word exquisite for a shower but this really is, it will be my life pursuit to have one just like this at home! :) The bed and the sheets, duvet etc were all very comfortable as well, sleeping was really good.

Breakfast was wonderful too! we had it included with the room so we had all our breakfasts there. This was not a buffet style and this was very refreshing, if you have it included wih your room fare then you can opt for the complete menu or pick and choose from the menu, we had the complete menu which they serve pretty much in a sequence, it included yourgurt with cereal, fresh fruits, orange juice and another house choice juice, cofre/tee/chocolate hot or cold, eggs how you like them cooked, selection of breads and spreadings, everything is gourmet, served at your table, its probably one of the best breakfasts I ever had with not the best.

They also have a restaurant which we heard is very good, unfortunately due to my own fussiness we could not try it, they work on a already defined menu basis which you can not choose any of the courses, I guess this is done so you can experience different things, we did come down on night for dinner but as the menu had several things that I did not like we had to leave and had room service instead which was very good.

On last thing, we stayed on the 7th floor where the spa is located, they have a rooftop with a small heated pool, had we not stayed on this floor we might not have tried it, but as we were we decided to go on night and I really recommend you do if you stay here. The pool is very heated like a jacuzzi, it was about 2 °C outside and the water was amazing!!! we stayed for over an hour enjoying the nice view of Palermo from the rooftop.

All in all this wasa great stay! we loved the Fierro Hotel and can't recommend it well enough, if budget it's not a problem and stay here! it's worth it!!

Room Tip: If you can stay at the 7th floor you will be in luck, the spa is located on this floor so this will...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
  • Korean first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2014

A hotel with soul which very much characterises a superb location and an equally impressive city. The spacious rooms embarrass many of the branded hotels around the world with the king size beds, sofa, table and chairs, mini bar and expresso maker! The restaurant food was of high standard which was exceptionally presented. Easy to see why the locals choose it as a place to eat which is very much a compliment given their love for food! Supported with staff who are fluent in English and very welcoming and helpful , I would highly recommend this hotel and will certainly use again in further visits.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Bowie, Maryland
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I only stayed one night in this small boutique hotel, but found it comfortable and well appointed. The staff was very helpful in suggesting restaurants for dinner, as the hotel restaurant was closed on the night of my stay. As it turned out, that was most unfortunate since the restaurant is highly rated. I did have an opportunity to enjoy an excellent breakfast there though, featuring one of the best western omelets I have ever eaten. I do however, recommend a room on an upper floor as the hotel faces a major street and the truck noise can be quite loud.

Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Edison G
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Amazing place to stay. The hotel is located in a neighbourhood with nice cafés and restaurants. Super friendly staff, very confortable bed, good bathroom, and everything is super clean. The mini bar features interesting bottles and a delicious, trendy breakfast is served in the hip restaurant downstairs.

Room Tip: Not surprisingly, the higher up the better.
1 Thank CuriousGeorge85
New York City, New York
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed at the Fierro for over a week and had a wonderful time. The location could not be better, room was spacious and well decorated and appointed and the food is superb. Also, all the staff are friendly and helpful. While in Argentina I tripped and ended up with a broken hand - every travellers nightmare. The staff went above and beyond to make sure all was taken care of - their concern was much appreciated. Also the hotel is in a trendy neighborhood which has great nightlife but is quiet. It is away from the intense congestion of the central city while still being very accessable to everything one would want to see. i highly recommend this place.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank Kathy V
Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 22 May 2014

This was my second time staying here, and it has become the highlight of my occasional weekend jaunts down to BA. The staff are friendly and professional; the rooms are just the right size, with a comfy king bed and quality linens. Plenty of water pressure in the shower (and an overhead "rain shower" head if you're into that). The food at the restaurant is top-notch... the breakfast is HUGE! Also, try the tapas... little bits of perfection.

In a city that can be a real pain, this place is a complete oasis :)

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Jeff H
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 22 May 2014

The Hotel Fierro is an excellent hotel, once you can get in your room. A group of folks checked in just before we tried to check in. The hotel then told us that our reservation was cancelled by Hotels.com, but we had no received email update for this change. This is called overbooking. They put us in another hotel for one night, paid the tab, and restored our reservation (which I had also paid for in advance). They put a nice bottle of wine in our room with a kind note and provided coupons for tapas at Hernan Gipponi, their fine restaurant. Staff was very helpful; the room was very comfortable with great bed and superb shower; and they gave us a late check-out on our last day. While the hotel is in trendy Palermo, the Fierro is in just a so-so area, but within walking distance of good restaurants, shops, etc. We would stay there again if we had assurances that they would not overbook and bump us!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
JulianGrano, Gerente at Fierro Hotel Buenos Aires, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your views on TripAdvisor.

As a matter of policy, we do NOT overbook. Your specific situation was the result of a succession of events, as a modification for your reservation was received by hotels.com as a cancelation communication first and a new reservation later, although we misunderstood this email.

As soon as we became aware of the erros, we tried to resolve the issue by looking for the best option for you.

Sorry for any inconvenience, we are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Best regards,