“Great excursion minutes outside of the city!”
Review of bike it

bike it
Book In Advance
More Info
US$68.75*
and up
6-Hour Bike Tour from Buenos Aires to Tigre
More attraction details
Owner description: Bike it offers a healthy and ecological way of getting to know new places: by using your own strength and being in contact with nature and the local environment. We want travelers to feel near the traditions and cultural richness of each area, at the same time they share a unique experience with people from other countries.
Reviewed 3 February 2013

My sister and I visited BA for the first time last week without really planning our trip. Luckily, we had the help of a few trusted locals to offer tips. There is so much to do in the city, however, one definitely needs to take a break from the hustle, bustle and scorching heat. And what better way to do so than with a Bike It tour to San Isidro and El Tigre? A quick phone call to the tour agency and a walk to Florida 999 and we were off on an adventure with our smart, witty and tattooed opera singer tour guide, Alvaro. Alvaro greeted us with perfect English, an endearing, "my life is a mess!" and sturdy bikes and helmets. We rode to the beautiful train station, which was built by the English per Alvaro, hopped on a train and rode a scenic 30 or so minutes to the outskirts of the city to embark on our bicycle adventure. A stop at the widest river in the world, an ecological park, San Isidro (with mate) and El Tigre (with Quilmes, gnocchi, and helado) made for a perfect day. Throughout our ride, Alvaro offered insight about the history, culture, and politics of his beloved country. We became fast friends and really enjoyed our day! Highly recommended tour and guide!

Reviewed 18 January 2013

My friends and I had a great day on the bike tour with Maria. After getting very little sleep following a Saturday night out in Buenos Aires, we met up with Maria bright and early on Sunday morning where she was waiting to set us up with our bikes, we then rode to the train station where she had all the tickets taken care of and we literally just rode our bikes straight on to the train. We got off a few stops later at a relaxing park with a beautiful view of the city, took some pictures and then proceeded to ride our bikes for a while to Tigre, stopping to walk through a wildlife reserve, and to have some revitalizing Mate, all which was prearranged. Maria was very knowledgable and interesting, she had the answers to all of our questions about Argentinian history and culture, as well as the economics and politics affecting the country. All in all a terrific experience and would recommend to anyone who likes an "off-the-beaten-path" experience and especially if you enjoy bike tours.

Reviewed 15 January 2013

My cousin and I took this tour last month. The previous review by GainesvilleBeachBum is pretty accurate. The bikes were in good condition and helmets were provided. Maria our tour guide was very pleasant and gave us some good insight into Argentinian culture. She made me a Yerba Mate drink which was delish. The Canoe was hand built and beautiful. We were unlucky to have some rain on our tour however they were prepared with rain gear for us. I felt like we got a taste of the true Argentinian experience by riding through the streets of the suburbs and sitting in the train. All in all an active fun day.

Reviewed 8 January 2013

I'll try not to repeat all the other reviews info.
We did the tigre river bike + canoe tour.
We had our 11 year old with us and could not find another bike tour company that would take kids, so we were fortunate that we found bike it.

It is a fairly long bike tour that though on city streets we did not feel uncomfortable riding.

I think the canoe part was the most interesting as you in a heavily wooded area, very peaceful.

The bikes were pretty comfortable, but did not have gears that would have helped with the ride.

If you are looking to get out of the city and see some nice suburbs this is a great way to do it.

See more reviews
Reviewed 17 December 2012

I took a tour with Bike-It on Saturday, December 15, 2012 and had an excellent time. The guide was very knowledgeable and spoke good English, the group size was small, the ride was safe, and the pace was no problem of any sort.
From the meeting place, we rode a short distance to the train station and boarded a local train that took us North of the city. We exited the train and rode our bikes north to Tigre, which is a small town on the Rio Tigre. Tigre is an attractive town with many tourist shops, restaurants, and canoeing/kayaking opportunities.
We had a typical lunch on the patio of a local restaurant, where the staff was friendly and efficient. Our tour guide assisted our lunch orders, and everything went very smoothly. The restaurant was in a picturesque riverfront area.
We stopped a number of times along the way for photos and snacks, and each time we stopped our guide filled us in on information about the history and culture of the area.
After lunch, we boarded a local train that took us back to the city center. The local train trips really added to the tour. All in all, it was a delightful day. The ride was not strenuous (I am 67 years old) and the routes were safe. I would highly recommend a tour with Bike-It. It was a good tour at a great value.