“Very little knowledge, horrendously superficial explanations”

La Bicicleta Naranja Tours
and up
South Buenos Aires Bike Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: La Bicicleta Naranja offers Bike Tours around the City of Buenos Aires and Bike Rentals. We propose the idea of visiting the city in a different way, learning about its history, stories of the portenos roots, buildings and monuments, and the everyday activities. We consider this an interesting way of discovering Buenos Aires, assisted by tour guides, who speak both English and Spanish. The itineraries are previously organized, with a duration of 3 to 4 hours, and they do not demand plenty of physic effort from the ones who are interested in doing them.
Reviewed 2 January 2014

If you want to use the services provided by this operator, just make sure you just hire a bike, don´t get a tour! Our guide sucked on so many levels that it was simply too hard to detect whether her incompetence came from a lack of knowledge or poor English language skills. Too bad she majors in tourism..

I think that people with very little knowledge about matters like history or politics and a strong desire to express their ill-informed opinions about these same matters should not become tour guides, because guiding a tour is not abuot talking about yourself. Also: If you´ ve manage to become a tour guide without giving a thing about “200 years of boring Argentinian history”, don´t assume your clients are idiots. If, whenever you stumble across something you don´t know, you tell people that you´ll talk about it “later”, they´ll know pretty soon that that won´t ever happen. Also, it might be common to randomly chose the right or the left side of the road in buenos aires city traffic for your guided bike tour, but risky lane changes when turning are never a good idea, nowhere in the world, especially when you ask other people to follow you.
Had the guide invested less time in talking about herself and her friends, there would have been a lot more time for the actual sites.

To sum it up, a total waste of time and a considerable amount of money. You get a lot more information from reading the information plates in front of the sites, and they´re way less annoying. Plus, you can get a FREE bike for an hour a few blocks further down towards the harbor if you bring a passport copy, so go explore the area by yourself

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Before we took the city bicycle tour, I stopped by and talked with the agent about what to expect. I was told that the tours were small and that we traveled at our own pace. I told them I am not much of a bike rider; and they assured me the guide would travel at my pace. HA HA HA. Little did I know, but my guide was a Lance Armstrong wannabe, and almost from the start he ditched me. I was struggling to keep up, only to have him and the two twenty-somethings also on the tour take off once I caught up. This made me MORE tired, which made me go even SLOWER. Plus, I heard NOTHING of the "tour." The guide actually did lose me once, and seemed p.o.'ed that I stopped and waited for him to return. (I do not speak Spanish and I did not know the city, so I was scared to guess which way they went and get lost.) Plus, Buenos Aires traffic is a bit nutty by American standards and I was mostly terrified the entire time. Maybe it had something to do with me almost getting hit by a bus. Twice. Anyway, unless you are a hard core bicyclist, AVOID this scam of a tour. But, if you're a hard core cyclist, you probably aren't interested in a tour anyway.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

There are 4 different tours to know all the city! I suggest go to Tigre city, its just 35 km from the city center and you´ll see the islands in the Delta of Parana, lovely!

Take the camera, its the best way to see the highlights!
Do not miss it!!!

Reviewed 29 October 2013

We had a wonderful tour with Grabriel. There was only a total of five people on the tour so it was quite personal. We did the south route where you get to see some very different and contrasting neighbourhoods of BA.

Grabriel gave us a lot of interesting and historical background of BA and he answered all of our questions. Unfortunately the park is closed on a Monday so we couldn't go in, which we were informed of before. The tour was still really pleasant!

Reviewed 29 June 2013

I was very pleased with the tour we took from this company. It was a great way to get introduced to Buenos Aires and its history. The city is very large; you can see most of the points of interest in two tours. Our guide was great and seemed very knowledgeable of the history of the city. I deducted one star because our guide was considerably late for our scheduled tour.