“Nice and comfortable”

Hotel Pulitzer Buenos Aires
Ranked #97 of 442 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed 25 December 2012

Nice, neat, modern and well kept hotel. Well located at downtown Buenos Aires, a few blocks of the beautiful plaza and park San Martin. The rooms are ample and very comfortable, with a big closet and nice mirrors. Big bathroom. A minor quibble was that the shower glass door was not big enough and the floor got wet after taking a shower. The buffet breakfast was OK. All in all, we really enjoyed our stay at The Pulitzer.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 21 December 2012

Having booked and paid for our reservation over one month in advance, we were told on arrival that the hotel was full and we were being upgraded to another hotel, of a higher standard.

This turned out to be the Elevage Buenos Aires on the same street, an older hotel that was selling for some 30USD less per night. Although we were unhappy about this, the only other hotels we were offered were two NH hotels, both of somewhat lower standard.

In the end we got our money back and had to make a new booking elsewhere ourselves. Even though the hotel we chose was just 10USD per night more than the Pulitzer and our stay was just for one night, they refused to cover it!

Not the sort of behaviour you expect from a hotel of this standard.

On the whole, the hotel isn't bad but it doesn't seem to be particularly well managed.
I certainly wouldn't book at the Pulitzer again.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SG71
Reviewed 13 December 2012

First time in this hotel and wont be the last one. Very good location if you have to move around Maipu zone, or downtown Buenos Aires. Good sound proof windows in the room, nice beds and bathroom. Simple, minimalistic and elegant at the same time.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 November 2012

I actually struggle with this one. I love the location of this place, not far from the Florida Avenue in Retiro district. The hotel is nicely decorated, modern. The receptionists were very helpful. I really found their service very good. However, I found a bug on the bed cover the first night, I quashed it and took it to the reception, and asked them to do a good clean! How did that happen I have no idea. The worse thing I find was that, you cannot have a bath in this place, the General Manager decided that the bathtub is too easily overflowed. I made a complaint and there was not even a response. I wish there is something between a 2 and a 3, it is not poor in service, but no bath--- give me a break. I want to be able to have a hot bath in the evening after a long day out. The pool was closed when I arrived, and been told that it was going to open, but then it was not..... Finally it was opened a day late, but it was not heated. The sky bar was not open when I arrive, but it then was open again.... due to bad weather, there was not a drop of rain and the temperature was about 20 degree! The breakfast was good though. So, I have my love and my hate for this place.

3  Thank Superlegalbabe
Reviewed 20 November 2012

We stayed here for two nights at the end of October 2012. Reception allowed us to check-in early and we were thankful since we took a red-eye flight from the States. Our room was on the 7th fl. It was cozy and clean with comfy beds and nice showers. I was a bit disappointed that there was no plug for the bath though. Free wi-fi was an added bonus.
The food in the hotel was only so-so. There was a nice spread at breakfast, but the eggs and veggies were not appetizing. I had a pasta there in the bar/food area which was also was a bit bland.
The location was great, very centrally located, with many ATMs, restaurants, cafes, shops, etc close by. We chose this place for the price and location. We took a bus down to Patagonia from the Retiro bus station, which was only less than a mile away.
The pool was also not open, which was also a let down.
Service was a bit nonchalant with the exception of the early check-in

1  Thank Rochelle B
Reviewed 20 November 2012

Good breakfast. Lovely bar and lobby for lounging. Pool was closed. Room was a touch small but had a nice large bathroom. The roof terrace gives a nice view of Buenos Aires. It's a very central location which can be a little overyly touristy so we only stayed here for a couple of days and Palermo for the remainder

Reviewed 13 November 2012

I stayed here for a week in November 2012, and I really grew to like this handsome property. It's not a large hotel, spread about 13 relatively small floors.

What I liked: great staff - especially at the level 1 bar (Pablo is worthy of singling out), very funky, comfortable and quiet rooms, lovely communal space where you can hang out with a book (and where you can always find a quiet and private spot, despite the hotel being fully booked), very clean and new.

Oh, great location! (The hotel is located very near St Martin Park - about a 1 minute walk - which is the point where lots of tours meet - for example, the afternoon BA free walking tour), and where the subway station is located. It's also within walking distance (about 20 minutes) to the Ricoleta Cemetary, another tourist attraction. Also probably a 10 minute walk to the waterfront and port.

What I didn't like that much: it's a hotel with lots of tour groups. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but it's just not what I expected for a "Design Hotel" group member. I was also very disappointed that the swimming pool was not yet open (scheduled to open the following week, in summer), despite the temperature in Buenos Aires reaching over 35 degrees for a few days during my stay. The pool would have been great!

All in all, a pretty stay. And great value for money!

Room Tip: I chose a superior room, which is larger than a standard room. All superior rooms are located on Lev...