“A very good steakhouse in Buenos Aires”

Gran Parrilla del Plata
Ranked #184 of 5,498 Restaurants in Buenos Aires
Cuisines: Argentinian
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Montserrat
Reviewed 7 May 2014

This restaurant was the place where we had our final meal before leaving Buenos Aires. A nive atlosphere and huge portions, - in fact 2 adults could easily share one portion. Most steaks were almost 500 g. Nice choice of side dishes as well. We had some of the best wines along with the meal, The staff did everything to make us feel welcome. Thanks!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,565)

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Great Argentinian food (parilla meat) with a great wine (Malbec) at a very good price. One people of the personnel speaks English well. The location is very nice (an old meat shop in the S.Telmo zone) and it is very busy, you need to book in advance.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Over the course of a week, I ate at several Buenos Aires "Parillas"...this was my favorite.
Nice open room, modern decor, excellent service. My "Ojo de Bife" was perfectly cooked, tender ans very flavorful. Service was impeccable. Very impressive wine list.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Oh, how I will miss this place. Tenderloin steak for $10. A fine bottle of Malbec for $6. Mouth watering chimichurri sauce and breads included for the seating fee of $2. Chrorizo susage appetizer for $2. All of it was perfect. I can't imagine a better value steak dinner in a lovely italian style restaurant could be had anywhere. As of March 2014, they are accepting US dollars at a rate of 12 pesos. That is a rate you cannot beat anywhere. Friendly service. Just a room full of happy people eating tender beef and the worlds best Malbec.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

A recommendation by our B&B owner and the positive reviews on TA sent us to this place for our last night in the country. I ordered the bife de lomo "mariposa", which seemed the only bife large enough to share with two people. I expected a thick, juicy piece of meat, but what we got was about 2cm thick and overcooked. Since I had clearly asked for it to be cooked "muy jugoso", I sent it back. The second steak we got was much more medium rare, but remained very thin. Probably that's always the case with "mariposa" steaks, but other steaks that passed by didn't seem very thick or juicy either. What a difference with the excellent meat we were served in parilla La Pena, close to the theaters of Avenida Corrientes.
The side dishes, wine and service were all very good. What a shame about the steak...