See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 January 2013

Room was mouldy. Sheets were stainy. No bath tub. No hot water. Shower head was basically behind the door and no space. Water wouldn't drain. All together horrible. Tiny room. Breakfast was so average. Glasses for juice was a shot size. Paid $70 for one night didn't worths of $40

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank Leila C
Reviewed 14 March 2012

Although the staff is super helpful and kind and the location itself excellent, the quality/price is really bad. If you are looking just for a place to sleep in a good location and don't mind poor quality and services, than you might give it a try.

A special note to the bathroom which, in my room, was ensuite but came with no shower-tub: you are showering between the sink and and the WC.

Also, no internet in the room (though you get wi-fi in common areas) and breakfast is (literally) served only till 10am.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Yayamari
Reviewed 9 March 2012

We booked this hotel last minute, basically because it was cheap and we just wanted a room for a few hours before our international flight home. Room was tiny (2 twins), form the middle of the room, I was no further than 5 feet from any of the four walls. No air conditioning, no phone (not sure I have ever been in a room without a phone), the bathroom didn't have a bath tub, it had the shower head coming out of the wall and you showered in the middle of the bathroom (so everything was wet afterward), the top blankets on both beds were stained (I didn't have the courage to look at the bed sheets)... all in all, pretty gross.

This hotel is mis-categorized as a boutique; it's really more of a run down hostel.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank ChadK212
Reviewed 3 December 2011

Great location, easy access and great breakfast. Great value for money. Staff super friendly and customer oriented. Examples, we got our breakfast at 7am on date of departure even though breakfast is usually served from 7.30am. I lost a cell phone and some other property and anticipated trouble in making a report to the Police as I do not speak Spanish. The lady at the reception counter basically translated my statement to the Police to Spanish and briefed me on the points to note before we went to the Police Station. Staff also made good recommendations on where to see Tango shows and saw to it that the air-con was on when we were in the common room to work on our computer notebooks.

Rooms are clean and comfortable. The 'slight flooding" problem in the bathroom when you take a shower is a fact, but that's only a minor problem anyway and merits of the hotel far outweighs this slight inconvenience.

I'd like to thank all staff of Koten Hotel who looked after us and we'd recommend the hotel to friends visiting Buenos Aires.

Mym Leung

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mymleung
Reviewed 4 October 2011

First of all, the location of the hotel is not bad.. The rooms aren't as good, but they're ok. The staff is terrible, they changed my reservation, they never called me, they just sent me an email which I couldn't even reply to. I went there personally to make a reservation for 10 days, they told me that the price would be 85uss per night, then they emailed me saying that 'The staff made a misunderstanding' and that I would be charged 150, instead of 85. I called and I couldn't get in contact with anyone, they wouldn't answered. Same happened with the emails.

Out of all of the hotels in the Palermo area, I would recommend if you would just look somewhere else. The prices aren't good, the staff sucks, the place isn't as good as the other ones, etc.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business