“over priced for what is promised”
Review of Polo Suites

and 1 more site!
Polo Suites
Ranked #274 of 447 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“over priced for what is promised”
Reviewed 25 September 2012

let's see, it's in a nice neighborhood, that's about it. WI-FI connectivity is terrible, speed is extremely slow and basically only usable for surfing. Skype video will not work on their wifi as an example of how poor the connection is. The towels in our room are worn out, and not nice by any means. Our "full kitchen" consists of a mini-bar fridge, a two burner electric top and one pan for cooking. Basically, you cannot cook here if you wanted to. I was trying to have a conference call in the room and I was asked by people on the call if I owned a dog (noise from outside) but was loud enough inside (all doors closed, all windows closed). I think that has to do with the single pane glass. We are desperately trying to move out and find something more reasonably equipped for the money. At $150/night, it's way overpriced for the quality of what is being provided.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
HollywoodSuites, Gerente at Polo Suites, responded to this review, 3 October 2012
Dear Guest,
We appreciate your observations since it is our objective to improve our product and services.

On behalf of our team, we do apologize for the difficulties you had at our hotel and please know we have taken specific actions to each of the problems you mention.

All towels in the apartments are now in perfect conditions. Our internet service is working properly; unfortunately for two days during your stay the company from which we contract out connectivity had a problem which influenced us and the blocks around the hotel.

In regards to the kitchen utensils, all of our apartments have the following elements to cook: stove, microwave oven, plates, glasses, toaster and mini-bar. However, for additional utensils, our guests just need to approach or cal our front desk and they will provide our guests with pans, etc which we do have our stock. Following our hotel policies, the front desk should have informed you of this process but it may happen that it my slip so we apologize again since in this occasion which is a long stay it was essential for you to have the complete information.

Thank you again for expressing your concerns and giving us the chance to revert the situation.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Los Angeles
Reviewed 21 August 2012

I was booked into Polo Suites through a "blind" Hotwire purchase. The location is an upscale residential district about 6 blocks from the Palermo subway stop, in the district called Palermo Botanico, so named because of its proximity to a major park. It's not really a hotel, but rather a condominium building whose non owner-occupied units are rented out through the Polo company. So think of this as a modern loft apartment rather than a hotel. Having read other reviews noting train noise, I asked for and received a room on the 8th floor opposite the train line. One can still hear it rumbling through a few times an hour, but it's not so bad on the east side of the building, especially with windows closed. The finishes and fixtures are first-rate, and there is enough equipment to enjoy meals in the room. The AC, heat work well, and the front desk, which is staffed 24 hours, is very friendly, usually greeting me by name each time and graciously accommodating my early arrival without charge. The few negatives include synthetic rather than natural pillows, a tiny gym with only one of three machines in operation, and no English language news channel on the cable despite having hundreds of channels available.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
HollywoodSuites, Gerente at Polo Suites, responded to this review, 28 August 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking some time off in sharing your experience with us. We couldn't be happier in knowing your stay went off well since we take great efforts in ensuring we meet the expectations of all our guests.
We hope you have the opportunity to visit us again soon.

Polo Suites Staff
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 24 July 2012

We stayed at Polo Suites for only one night and it was a shame we couldn't stay longer. It's a small suite with kitchen, spacious bedroom and living room, perfect for longer stays specially when you get tired of restaurante food. The kitchen is equipped with basics, central heating works fine, service is friendly and the place was very clean. But again (perhaps this is cultural in Baires) the box door was only a half door. The bathroom gets wet when you shower. I also thought the price was very reasonable. My only objection is about the red tape at the front desk when you arrive. We got there real late, past 11 pm, tired, and it took us about 20 minutes to go through the registration process. I received a NO when I asked whether that could be taken care of the next morning. The location is great, close to the zoo and the Monumento a los Españoles, with lots of green squares within a 10-minute walk. I think it's a very good pick in B.A.

Room Tip: I think the rooms are all the same
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
HollywoodSuites, Gerente at Polo Suites, responded to this review, 26 July 2012
Thank you for choosing us, and thank you for your recommendation. We look forward seeing you again soon.
Reviewed 26 June 2012

The Polo Suites offer a perfect service. The recepcionist at the front desk do a really good job. During my three month stay I had quite a few questions and request. They always were helpful and patient.
The location is perfect. Only 2 blocks away from the park where you can go jogging or just relax at the lake. It takes about 7 min to the subway station Palermo and 15 min to the national airport.

I really enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank ChristianKalt
Hastings, New Zealand
Reviewed 16 June 2012

Recently stayed here while in BA on a conference along with 6 other kiwi's. The suites were tidy, clean and very comfortable. It was great to have some extra space rather than just a room when in town for a week. The location was great and the neighbourhood worked really well for a meeting at the La Rural conference centre.
The real plus of the stay were the superb reception staff who went out of their way to make us feel welcome, help with bookings, organise cabs, bring in some traditional Argentinean food for us to try (at their own expense). Their English was faultless and the friendly approach made a big impression with all of us, it was much nicer than an anonymous luxury hotel.
Apparently the close by train line can be noisy in some rooms but I didn't notice it if you want to gorge on a massive cooked breakfast you'll be disappointed but it was perfectly adequate.
Wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.. wish a few NZ hoteliers had such great staff!

Room Tip: Away from the train lines
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Tony D
Sao Paulo
Reviewed 10 April 2012

I usually stay in Recoleta or Barrio Norte when I visit Buenos Aires, but a friend strongly recommended Polo Suites (in Palermo district) and I had a great experience there. Clean, large room with a huge terrace (9th floor room), many windows and lots of light. Everything is new and works fine. Location is curious: Palermo is a huge district and this hotel is located in a sort of hidden cul de sac, neighbor to upscale condos and some few restaurants. It's also walking distance (it is always nice to walk in Buenos Aires) to great restaurants like Sudestada. Takes about 15 minutes and you have to cross the main avenue though. Easy access to all Buenos Aires by cab. Nice staff. At the time of my visit they were testing 2 places for breakfast (guests are given breakfast vouchers). One was rather sad, the other was nice. Would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank H H
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 1 April 2012

We were fortunate to end up here after a bad experience with an internet rental company, and we feel really lucky. My partner, daughter, and I spent almost a month in a 2 bedroom which was perfect for us, spacious, with a small kitchenette, very comfortable beds, and a great neighborhood that is very tranquil. The price was very reasonable for what we got. A few people have complained about the trains, but I barely noticed them. Our daughter loved the small pool up on the roof, and there are lots of great cafes and restaurants in the neighborhood, esp. if you are willing to walk more than two blocks. The staff was great and so helpful, they made us feel at home, and responded right away when we asked for something we needed. I definitely would stay here again. I still miss the bed, which was so comfortable!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family