“A brunch of all brunches”
Review of Hernan Gipponi Restaurante - CLOSED

Hernan Gipponi Restaurante
Cuisines: Argentinian, Mediterranean, Contemporary, Fusion
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Palermo
Maui
“A brunch of all brunches”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

A tasting menu for brunch that is unbelievable. Wide variety of dishes and flavors, in a relaxed setting, with great service. All dishes were the right size and portions for a tasting menu. GO you will be forever happy:-)

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Greg L

London, United Kingdom
“Very Good Experience”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Had the pleasure of eating in this wonderful restaurant on a pleasant Saturday evening in the month of May14.

Their is not much, I can complain of, to be honest.

The positives :-

1. Excellent service by the waiters. Bilingual waiters and very courteous.
2. The food was a 7 course meal, including desert.
3. Their was a variety in the menu. We ate the beef tongue, some shrimp dish, some lamb dish etc
4. The restaurant is located in the heart of a Palermo in a small hotel.
5. Their was no rush on us to finish our meal and go. You could sit there for a long time easily and enjoy the wine.
6. No cubierto or service fees charged, which is common in restaurants in Buenos Aires. I loved that. Each person had a fixed charge of 330 pesos in May'14 ( considering inflation..this may change).

P.S : One could order a wine tasting menu as well, which is 220 pesos per person.We however opted out of that and order a nice full bottle of wine instead.

The negatives, if any

1. The wine was not a part of the set menu. It had to be bought. We bought a 280 pesos, 2008 Malbec. Excellent wine.
2. The proportions of the dishes very quite small. But in the end of 7 course, one feels full enough.
3. Its a fixed menu. No choices as such.
4. Ambience though nice. I felt the lights were just too bright.

Overall, I recommend this restaurant to anyone. My rating of this restaurant would be 4.5/5.

If my review was helpful, and I hope it was, please consider choosing the 'yes' tab below in the helpful comments section. Thank you and enjoy your day. Sally.

9 Thank Sally M
BRAZIL
“One of the best gastronomic experiences I have had”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Nice place, with a very attencious service, and great food. My wife and I tasted the 7 course menu with wine pairing. The food and the wines were superb. For US$50.00 each, it was an excellent experience.
I definitely recommend it. For sure, I'll be back there.

2 Thank LUIZALBERTOSALVADOR
New York City, New York
“Did Monday's One Table Event-- Awesome!!!”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

The second best meal I've had in Buenos AIres since moving here almost a year ago. (I Latina is number 1 for me, but just by a smidgen). Hernan's courses were incredible, superbly satisfying, and wonderfully enough, (he's got this over I Latina!) he says he changes the menu every couple weeks or so, whereas I Latina seems to never change it. (Went in September and then 5 months later and it was identical). Would definitely go back. He's super charming and he knows what he's doing. Blows most restaurants in this city out of the water.

3 Thank Nora B
Montevideo, Uruguay
“Excellent and reasonable priced in Palermo Soho”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Located at Hotel Fierro, this small and minimalistic decorated restaurant won my heart last week. The first time my husband had the Menu de desgustacion with wine pairing, amazing dishes and very good priced. To remember the slow cook egg (we were on to find the perfect one and tried 3 different rests. This is THE BEST), the Madryn Langoustines, the arroz meloso and shrimps, the bife de chorizo. Desserts are very creative, just not my favorite part. We went twice, the first time Hernan was there, next day he was not and it showed. Service is amazing and the food was very good too, but it feels like lacked his touch. Very good, I will definitely go again!!

Visited May 2014