“She knows her stuff”
Review of BA:Dt Buenos Aires Design Tour - CLOSED

BA:Dt Buenos Aires Design Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: BA Design Tour provides private and group tours for fashion and tango lovers who want to find the best boutiques and learn about argentinian fashion. We are a group of fashion designers who enjoy giving the insights of the industry.
Reviewed 4 December 2011

This is an excellent tour for those looking for a knowledgeable and friendly tour guide. The owner operator is Lujan who studies fashion design and she has made a point of searching out unique and yet, wearable and affordable designers. I did two tours - Palermo Viejo and San Telmo. They were very different and that made it extremely fun. In Palermo Viejo we looked at modern designers and learned about what it was that made them unique. I believe we all bought something and went home with a unique and wearable souvenir. The other tour I did was San Telmo which combined modern designers with vintage clothing stores, including some we would never have found without Lujan at the helm. She focuses on the different and hard to find. We went to places we would never have found without her help and had two extremely wonderful days.

Reviewed 11 November 2011

I am NOT a recreational shopper, or much of a fashion fan, but BA is known for cutting edge design, and I wanted to see why. Lujan is the ideal guide. She gave a little history and insight into each Argentine designer she took us to -- color, fabrics, recycling, unusual components, innovations, it was great. I joined two other women I met at Lina's Tango Guesthouse and we did a small piece of Palermo, very relaxed, very informative, and very professional. If I had had the time I would have taken her San Telmo tour as well. Lujan does offer a tour for fashion design students that goes more into the nichey-nichey stuff, the fabric composition, the manufacturing, etc., so if that's what you want, she'll provide it. She helped me see some design aspects that I could incorporate into my life.

Other tours just take you shopping, but Lujan? Now, this is truly something special!

Reviewed 1 November 2011

I had an amazing time with Lujan. She took me on three tours while I was in Buenos Aires and I loved them all. I went on the Tango tour, the San Telmo design tour, and the Palermo design tour. Lujan helped me pick out some fabulous new pieces to add to my wardrobe as well as some amazing Tango that everyone at home will envy. She has a great eye for helping you pick out those special pieces that you can't wait to take home and show off. It was extremely helpful having someone around who knew the area and where the best shops are, plus she made it a lot easier for me to get by with my minimal ability to speak Spanish. I plan on making it back to Buenos Aires someday and Lujan will be one of the first people I'll be in contact with.

Reviewed 17 October 2011

We met our lovely tour guide Luhan in the bustling design epicenter of Palermo where we were taken to each individual design store. The tour was relaxed and flowing, we really felt that we got close insight into the design history of the city.

Reviewed 20 September 2011

I loved this tour! It was just the right balance of gorgeous clothing and information as we toured through stores I never would have discovered on my own. I´m not much of a shopper but I appreciate gorgeous fabrics and well crafted clothing, and I was completely dazzled by the variety and creativity of the designers in Buenos Aires. And everything was so affordable compared to high end fashion in other countries! I especially appreciated Lujan`s extensive knowledge and objective explanations of the fashion industry and histories of the different designers.

The fashion scene in Buenos Aires is incredibly creative, vibrant and fascitnating. It was like touring living museums, history in the making.

I recommend this tour to anyone who wants to see a revealing and visually stunning side to Argentinian culture.