“Another truly wonderful stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Perla

La Perla
Ranked #1 of 273 Buenos Aires B&B and Inns
Northampton, Massachusetts, USA
“Another truly wonderful stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

This was my third visit here, and I can't imagine staying anywhere else in Buenos Aires! I've stayed in several other B & Bs and hotels in the city, and nothing has compared with the cleanliness, friendliness, and quiet in this B & B. I've met lovely guests from around the world, and joined them and Ada and Valentyn for dinner and tango at a couple of different traditional milongas. I don't dance a step, but I love learning more about this aspect of Argentine culture, and Valentyn and Ada offer access available to few tourists in the city.

One thing that other reviewers haven't mentioned: the B & B is ideal for solo travelers as well as couples and friends. Sometimes it can be lonely exploring a new city by oneself, but as a woman traveling alone, I've always felt entirely safe and well-cared-for here. It's also an enormous bargain -- I've stayed in other places that had rooms the size of a closet. At Ada and Valentyn's Paris-style apartments, the rooms have 5-meter/ 15-foot ceilings, hardwood floors, refinished antiques, interesting framed vintage tango sheet music, plenty of armoire space, wifi, fresh towels, extra blankets for chilly nights, and space to spread out a suitcase and organize things.

As others have mentioned, the location is extremely convenient -- all the subway lines are within walking distance, as are many of the city's tourist sites. A laundry, 2 convenience stores, and the city's oldest bookstore are around the corner, and the Feria de San Telmo, the Sunday craft, kitsch, and antiques fair, is half a block away. Calle Florida (which can be a tourist trap) now has a historic cafe, London City, on the corner of the Avenida de Mayo; the modern art museum is also close by, and the B & B is in the heart of the oldest part of Buenos Aires.

Highly recommended!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank springbyker

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Hasselt, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

Ada and Valentijn are het perfect hosts to get you around Buenos Aires . The own a very nice B&B in the center of BA , which is perfect to see a lot of the city within walking distance . A very tastefull breakfast to start your day with , and cosy rooms to sleep in make your stay very enjoyable . Ada and Valentijn arrange whatever you want , from a reservation in a restaurant to a visit at one of the many milongas (where they are keen participators) . I can recommend this B&B to everyone I know , you won't be disappointed !

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

I spend 11 nights in Buenos Aires staying at Ada & Valentyn's B&B. It's a lovely place to stay and the location is very convenient to visit the city. It's very central; just around the corner from Plaza de Mayo and San Telmo. I could walk to many places from B&B and I cannot imagine a better location to see many attractions of Buenos Aires on foot. The underground station is also just around the corner. The rooms are very clean, safe and quiet and breakfast is very nice. But what made a real difference to my stay was Ada and Valentyn. They are very friendly and I could ask recommendations about anything; I loved having chats with them during breakfast; also loved their sense of humour. They even took me to milongas with them couple of nights;which was very interesting and Ada gave me tango lessons. They are a lovely couple and I am glad that I stayed at their B&B; I have got many nice memories and I would certainly stay there again and recommend it 100%.
Zeynep

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Enghien, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

We enjoyed very much our stay at Ada & Valentyn B&B. The hosts are very kind, very smiling and hospitable. They helped us to change our flight during the national strike and gave us good advices for visiting the city. The rooms are very spacious, beautiful and clean. The breakfast is very tasty (with homemade bread). The location is perfect (right in the city centre and though totally quiet). Definitely a place to recommend!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank celine_preaux
London, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

Staying at Ada's and Valentyn's‎ B&B was simply a breath of fresh air. It felt as if I was in Paris, this B&B is centrally located in an older house which is newly renovated. Its convenient location close to a major streets, close to a subway and buses, made it easy to commute to any area in Buenos Aires. Even though it's close to a major streets, the rooms are quiet, cozy, clean and without a doubt one feels safe to stay there and to leave your belongings unattended. The beds are very comfortable, (I slept like a baby!) and washrooms are shared but spotless. Well, enough about the "Bed" part for this Bed and Breakfast, what about the "Breakfast" part?

Breakfast was served daily between 9-11am, every day we got different flavoured yogurt, freshly squeezed fruit juice, different fresh fruit, freshly baked two kinds of bread, butter, dulce de leche (delicioso!), two kinds of jam and tea and coffee. This was by far the best cafe con leche I've had in a while. I always asked for the second one and would have asked for the 3rd and 4th if my body would be able to handle it! Drinking water was always available throughout the day in carafes, a bowl filled with fresh fruit to grab any time, a kettle was available with a wide assortment of teas.

Ada and Valentyn were amazing hosts, always made recommendations where to go and what to see‎, and cautioned about the not-so-safe areas. They were like personal travel consultants, guiding us to the nicest restaurants, invited us for a coffee and biscuits to an old Cafe de los Angelitos. They also took us and other guests for supper and to dance milonga, where all the regulars dance Argentinian tango.‎ Last night we celebrated our friendship with Ada & Valentyn in Café La Poesía, which was home to the bohemian artistic scene of San Telmo. Thanks to them we made some friends in Europe and in States. When it was time to leave, Valentyn called a cab and personally walked us, carrying our suitcases on the bumpy roads that were getting renovated.

In Buenos Aires we found not only a great B&B, but also a great companion with enthusiastic milongueros, excellent pure tango teachers (Ada & Valentyn were teaching us proper tango technique!), and friends forever! Thanks and bravo to Ada & Valentyn! One day I will return!

Room Tip: Being with my friend, also female, instead of one big bed we asked for two single beds, and we got t...