“Great hamburger!”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Palermo
Reviewed 20 July 2013

This restaurant was rated by the Argentina Independent as having one of the top five hamburgers in Buenos Aires. It did not disappoint! When we ordered we were told it would take 30 mins for the hamburgers (not sure why or if this is typical), so we ordered onion rings as an appetizer. They were delicious - very crispy with thick rings of onion. The Classico Margarita was also delicious. The atmosphere is casual but service was attentive. We went without a reservation fairly early (by BA standards) and were able to get a table, but given the number of reserved tables, we would recommend reservations. We may very well return before our stay in BA is over! Well worth a trip.

Reviewed 7 January 2013

I give the service two stars and the food 3.5. Allow me to explain.

I have ordered delivery from them several times and it usually arrives in about one to 1.5 hours. That's a long time, but the food is consistently pretty good, although the pork ribs are not as good as they are at Kansas. I was craving the beef ribs and wanted to try it, so I called up for delivery. They said it was a 3-4 hour wait. I asked if there was room at the restaurant and they said yes, but only if I arrived right away.

I was there in 10 minutes. It took another 5-10 minutes to get the attention of anyone there. The hostess looked at me and said there were no tables, turned her back on me, and wandered off. I pointed out that I had just called and was told if I arrived quickly there'd be a table. She said "It doesn't matter, there are no tables." She again turned her back to me and she didn't come back. I walked through the restaurant and tried to get her attention again, but she was clearly annoyed by me.

No offer for the wait list, no apology for the misinformation on the phone, nothing. She had a lot of attitude and her tone was as rude as her service.

Kansas might always have a wait, but their service is very good. I will go there from now on when I crave American food.

Reviewed 1 September 2012

Very Friendly Staff and the food was absolutely amazing! I was craving american food and finally found the GLORY

Reviewed 31 March 2012

I only had cocktails here but the food looked good and people seemed to be enjoying it. Excellent maracuya caiproiska and the staff couldn't be nicer. Great location on the corner for people watching on a sunny day

Reviewed 18 January 2012

We have been traveling for 6 months so we crave for American food whenever it's available. We stayed in this hostel in Palermo Hollywood. We've passed by Bar BQ a few times and finally got in. Owner Nico promised they have the best barbecue sauce for ribs. So, we ordered our favorite buffalo wings and pork ribs as we always do in TGI, Ruby Tuesday, Outback etc.

Our Spicy buffalo wings were great. A little too spicy for me as I don't eat spicy food at all. The wings and sauce were proper american style. My husband loved it and he's even picky with wings. I've ordered teriyaki sauce wings. Came out a little over cooked but Nico made us a new batch and turned out good.

The BBQ ribs were great!!! Especially the sauce. The ribs were juicy and tender. The sauce blended in perfectly.

We also ordered a house salad for some fiber and it's also delicious.

Service at Bar BQ was good. Someone (servers) was always around and asked if everything's good and if we needed something else. Best service in a while.

The place was so busy. I wonder if it's like that all the time. Maybe it's good to make reservations in advance.

We also enjoyed a great night more with The Beatles playing in the background.

We highly recommend Bar BQ and make sure you order the ribs!