“The party hostel”

Milhouse Hostel Avenue
Manchester, United Kingdom
“The party hostel”
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Great place to stay, friendly atmosphere. Loads going on. Really nice rooms, good food available. Would highly recommend. Just don't expect to get much sleep! Slightly more expensive than other hostels but worth that little bit extra.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Hebrew first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 November 2013

This is the ideal hostel perfect for solo travellers and anyone else who enjoys a party and loves to meet people from all over the world. The rooms are regularly cleaned and your bed is also made on a daily basis. The breakfast supplied every day is sufficient with breads, jam, fruit, cereal, juice, water, tea coffee.

The staff are terrific and speak very good english and are always there to help you with recommendations and advice about the city. There are parties every night in the hostel so itś a fantastic way of making new friends and enjoying yourself.

highly recommended

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

Milhouse Avenue is a great hostel. The rooms are well priced, cleaned everyday and have fans. They have activities available for you every single day ranging from free tours to bike tours tango lessons and more and all you do is sign up. They take you to great clubs - you feel safe there and all the staff are so helpful and cool. A great place to party non-stop introduce yourself to Buenos Aires.

• Stayed November 2013
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Stay away from this Hostel!

I would like to warn against this hostel, as they have unrightfully charged my credit card for a trip, that they arranged. They charged me for 3 persons and I booked for 2. The amount is around 100US$. Apparently they will not stand up to their mistake and take responsibility to pay me my money back, as they ignore all attempts I have made to get in contact with them!

Therefore, they will not get a recommendation from us, and we would stay some where else next time in Buenos Aires.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Melina S, Manager at Milhouse Hostel Avenue, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Please let me assure to you once again that you were charged the correct sum. I´m really sorry if your bill was not clear to you.
If we charged our customers (very valued customers!) more than due, we wouldn´t have a business running for over 15 years now, with 87% of our customers very happy with their experience here, would we? Our customers are not silly.
We have tried to contact you several times, with no success. Please feel free to contact us to info@milhousehostel.com so that we can give you further details about your payment.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

I was expecting a lot from this hostel. Little did I know I was about to enter something that looked like a hospital or even better... A retirement home. Things I dreaded: A max 150 peso tab, unmanned bar, weak service at the reception, bad smokers area, 65 peso BBQ special (single portion), a surcharge on the service from the travelling agency, expensive rooms,... I can't wait to get out of here! Positive: pretty clean, that's all.

Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Melina S, Manager at Milhouse Hostel Avenue, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Hi!

I´m sorry you were disappointed. Probably you expected a smaller, quieter hostel? The things you mention in your review are the things our guests normally appreciate a lot: a tab card, a great value barbecue, a travel agency (which like every travel agency does charge a small booking fee), a smoking area, and a very clean place, like you said. I´m sorry you found the service at Reception defficent, I will definetely check with our professional staff what happened during your check in. I hope you still had a great time in Buenos Aires!
Kind Regards,
Melina
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 November 2013

My friend and I stayed at this hostel and were a little apprehensive as we are in our early 30s and not the 20 somethings we would imagine staying here. We were pleasantly surprised as there was definitely a real mixture of ages and different people from all over the world. The rooms are clean and if you opt for a private room they really are very pleasant. The showers are amazing and even your bed gets made for you. We moved into a dorm after a couple of days for a different experience and really enjoyed it. This is definitely a party hostel with something going on at this one or its sister hostel the Hipo, every night. The daily activities and excursions were excellent and the staff are very knowledgeable of the city and helpful. As long as you go prepared then I think this is a great hostel.

Room Tip: The private rooms with balconies on the high floor are quieter and quite nice.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Billy1602
Farnham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 October 2013

My sister and I stayed here twice over summer whilst we were on our travels around South America. We had a really great time, the staff are friendly, everyone is very sociable and it is really easy to make friends. The rooms are great, every room is clean and tidy and the facilities are great. When we returned two months later the staff even still remembered us which was a nice touch and made us feel even more welcome!

The only down side was that the first time, we lost our passports and were convinced that they had been stolen or accidentally picked up by someone in our dorm accidentally, so naturally we asked every member of staff and every friend we had made in there. It took us 3 days to get new emergency passports and cost us about £150 each, and after 3 days we returned to find out that the cleaner had picked them up by accident and had failed to hand them into reception.

I would also recommend to not stay longer than 4 or 5 nights as you can often get caught up inside the hostel and not manage to see any of the city! by our 6th night on our first visit we were quite sick of the same four walls - but this did not mean I wouldn't go back as we had a great time there!!

Room Tip: If you are starting off your trip I would advise to start in a private room, then maybe move into a...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends