“Great start of my backpacktrip and good Spanish lessons :)”

Milhouse Hostel Avenue
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I had a lovely 3 week stay at Milhouse Avenue!
I started my 5 month backpacktrip through South-America over here.
I booked this at Kilroy, because I wanted to have Spanish lessons. I was one of the only people who had Spanish lessons and especially for 3 weeks long, but it was a good start of my journey. The staff of Milhouse was so sweet for me, I really felt at home. You can ask them anything and they take good care of you. In the mornings from Monday to Friday I had 4 hours of Spanish lessons from Melina! She is great! I did not knew a word of Spanish and I was scared to start talking, but she really helped me with it and I had a good basic knowledge to go further into South-America, which I recommend everyone. In the afternoons I enjoyed the city of Buenos Aires or the activities from the hostel, everyday they have activities (for example a biking tour or walking tour, I did most of them and I really enjoyed it. Further the staff can also help you book excursions or things for your next stay) and in the evening you can go partying if you want. The party is in Milhouse Avenue or Milhouse Hippo. For me it was great to stay in Avenue, here it was a bit more relax and more space and Hippo was more the party place after that you could go to one of the clubs with everyone else who wanted to go (or you could go to bed). Milhouse is a great place to meet people and the staff is always friendly and helpful. The rooms are cleaned every day and the building is taking good care off. There are safety lockers and always someone at the door.
I could combine my studies with getting to know Buenos Aires, meeting people and when I wanted partying.

Room Tip: If you are not such a party animal ask for a more quiet room. It is really a party hostel for youn...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Nicolet K

Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

This is the hostel to stay when in Buenos Aires if u want to party & meet fellow travelers. Every night is party night & the staff are central to that. It is also a very secure hostel with lockers for valuables and a cool security guy at the entrance. The food menu is good and the free breakfast is at the upper end of what u will find in other hostels in south america.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 March 2014

This is a Party hostel first and foremost. It also does a lot of organising of trips for the people staying there. Interesting the party nights seem to be split between the Avenue and its sister hostel further down the road. Good fun but can lead to doing very little else in Buenos Aires.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed at Milhouse for a week in a private room. This meant that i was removed from most of the party noise. The room was excellent - cleaned daily with fresh towels every day and a safe deposit box at no extra charge. I loved having an en suite!

The staff were friendly, knowledgable and good fun. The hostel does trips most days during the day and parties most nights sonits a great way to meet peolple. I did the south bike tour and thought it was excellent.

All in all a fab stay but i would suggest askig for a room towards the back and on a high level if you can

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 9 February 2014

A very cool place to stay.Lots of friendly staff, great location.
Not so good if your a bit older like me,but thats just the generation gap.
all in all great place.
I got a private room but it was 2 single beds pushed together very uncomfortable.
so not so happy about that.

Room Tip: Dont exspect free aircon it cost an extra 20 paceos a night between 11am and 11pm. And get a room u...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 February 2014

From the staff and the fantastic lockers to the huge beds and the ridiculous parties, Milhouse hostel is everything you could ever want in a party hostel. It is a bit pricey, but it's worth it for the convenience, fun and luxury compared to other hostels. Amazing location and the BEST people! Big shout out to Nachito, Mono, Pau and Mel!

Room Tip: Dorms are amazing, I personally prefer the 8 beds because the bathroom is guaranteed en-suite
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed in Milhouse for 2 nights.
This was my third time in B.Aires buy my first time in Milhouse hostel.
And i just wanted to stay for a night to transfer to go to Iguazu at first. But i extended to stay longer :)

I prefer to stay in a dorm room but at this time, i stayed in private room cuz i was somewhat sick.
And the room was AWSOME!!
The interior of my room was like fancy boutique hotel :)
And the bed and toilet was extremely clean. Also, the bar and atmosphere of the hostel was also perfect.
For me, Loki hostel chain in Peru was always my best before i arrived this hostel. But now i would say Milhouse is better than loki or Argentino version of loki (but more clean and less horny lol )

If u find a nice hostel, i strongly recommend u to stay here!
I dunno abt dorm room but the private room was Perfect. Nothing to complain.

Thx for my good memory in B.Aires

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo