Milhouse Hostel Avenue
Duque Hotel Boutique & Spa(Buenos Aires)
US$140
US$99
  • Breakfast included
Mine Hotel Boutique(Buenos Aires)
US$155
Legado Mitico(Buenos Aires)
US$194
US$155
  • Breakfast included
Alvear Art Hotel(Buenos Aires)
US$240
US$189
US$182
US$150
  • Breakfast included
Alvear Palace Hotel(Buenos Aires)
US$623
US$515
Hotels.com
US$647
US$535
Hotwire.com
  • Pool
All reviewsgreat partieswild roverprivate roomorganised activitieswalking tourdaily activitiesmeet other travellerstop bunkla bocafootball matchbed dormsouth americanight lifestayed longerstayed here for nightstango showcentral location
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I highly recommend this Hostel. It is clean, has a great lacation, safe the staff is kind, and the party is pretty good. I was there for 2 nights and the only thing that I didn't like was the breakfast, but ok, the price is also cheap!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Worst things:
- Too much noise. It's a party hostel.It isn't a great place even if you want to only join party in some nights. I stayed on the first floor (I think on the worst located room) and all the noise of common area were in my room! Noise was the biggest issue. Even if the party is over (2am) or if it is a day without party, there is a lot of noise. The hostel don't have rules regarding silence after party ends and should have it. I couldn't sleep well in none of the 3 nights. So I just recommend for someone who wants to party EVERYDAY...so if you plan to go to sleep @ midnight someday to get up early to enjoin the city, sorry, you probably wont have a good night.
- bed sheets were not so clean.
- do not recommend to do cambio exchange and reserve taxis in the hostel. They charge too much
-Bad wifi connection - rarely connect.
- Don't have air conditioning (they have but they turn it on rarely and when they want: so this is for me not having.We went in the winter and at some point we asked if it was possible to turn on at night for some moments but they told they would need to ask to the manager - and we didn't have it turn it on..I can imagine in summer..or better: I wish not to imagine.
- 20 pesos to borrow an adapter. I payed and returned the adapter in the check out. So expensive rate. Later I found in the corner for sell at the same price....

Good things:
-The structure is good and location is very good.
-The private room with bathroom is pretty nice, clean floor and bathroom.
- Breakfast is ok for a hostel
- Good meal to sell for lunch (beer, sandwiches, burger)

In summary I don't recommend to stay here and won't stay here again, even with some good points the bad ones are way to more representative for me - this hostel doesn't represent the travel style I enjoy: have fun and enjoy the city, culture, etc. If you want just party you will like it.

Room Tip: Don't stay in the first floors.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gabrielazwm
Reviewed 5 July 2014

My friend and I loved the daily activities offered by Milhouse - free walking tours, tango lessons, river cruises... there was something new each day. The location is very central. Breakfast is good, surrounding restaurants are not.

Room Tip: We chose a private double and we were very comfortable.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This was our first stop on a back packing tour of South America. I was totally new to hostel accommodation, so was a little apprehensive.

But it was superb. Great friendly staff.

Traveled with 3 friends and managed to get a four room dorm, with private bathroom. Sheets provided. And clean towels everyday.

Really great start to a great trip

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 June 2014

When came to making my own bed, I found a bed bug in the sheets. I reported this to the reception at the hostel who never even apologised to me about this and just handed me a new set of bedding. Having booked 4 nights non refundable, I ended my stay covered in bites and having to take all my clothing to a laundrette and throwing away my suitcase.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nathan M
Melina S, Gerente at Milhouse Hostel Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Nathan,

We appreciate you taking the time to write to us and we are really sad about this situation. However, as we explained to you in person, I´m afraid the bedbugs were not in the bedsheets, but in your luggage. Unfortunately, many buses compartments where bags are stored are full of bedbugs and they spread easily among the different bags. I can assure our rooms are thoroughly desinfected weekly and bedsheets are cleaned under strict control procedures which make it impossible that they can carry any bedbugs.
We offered you washing all your clothes for free and desinfecting your bag. I´m sorry if this wasn´t what you expected.

Kind Regards,