“Not as great as told but still, OK”

Milhouse Hostel Avenue
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

I have been travelling for half a year through south america. On my way i met people who came from the other direction and thus from BA. All of these recommanded milhouse to me and my buddy.

I decided to stay for 1 month in BA and stayed in 7 different hostels. I can surley say that Milhouse has the best service of them all and even of all my hostel i stayed in on my entire trip. This is prob where the extra price goes cause the hostel is quite expensive compared to others.

This insanly big hostel is full of party people though in my one week of stay i didnt experience alot of social activity. People are nice but the way the social areas are set up doesnt trigger alot of social activity. It doesnt come close the amazing experience i had in the Wild Rover La Paz. Another cause of this could be that there is only wifi in the too big common area where you actually should socialize.

For me as an Techno fan I could find a party every evening, with the help of the staff, to go crazy on. Too bad that I hardly went out with the people from the hostel cause Milhouse recommands other parties which the guests follow blindy.

As last; breakfast is amazing if you can wake up for it and i promise you wont.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

The rooms were clean (although the top bunks are really high with no rails...) and the hot water was great. It IS a party hostel, so if that's not your thing then don't stay here! But I met so many people and the staff were fantastic and the location was brilliant. If you can, try not to stay on the first floor, it would be really noisy

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with a friend in June 2014. The hostel is very well run and organises lots of activities. It is a party hostel and the parties are unreal but they do so much more too. We did the walking tours to La Boca and Recoletta and went to a tango show. These activities were a great way of interacting with other travellers from the hostel.

The hostel itself is clean and modern. The staff are the most professional and accommodating I've encountered on my travels in South America. They go above and beyond to help guests who come into difficulty on their travels, like I did. Agustina, in particular is absolutely super, and went out of her way to assist me.

Thank you for the most amazing week in Buenos Aires and for all your help.

Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with 3 friends in an 8 bed dorm. Overall the hostel was reasonable, the rooms were clean enough although the mattresses were very dirty. The included breakfast of bread rolls / fruit / coffee etc wasn't bad. The location of the hostel is great and the local employees were really helpful, although the same definitely couldn't be said for the travelers that are working there. The wifi was decent although it's mainly in the bar area so pretty loud if you are trying to call someone. Only real complaint is the kitchen, it's pretty much useless which is a pity because during our time there a lot of people were trying to use it.

Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I highly recommend this Hostel. It is clean, has a great lacation, safe the staff is kind, and the party is pretty good. I was there for 2 nights and the only thing that I didn't like was the breakfast, but ok, the price is also cheap!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Worst things:
- Too much noise. It's a party hostel.It isn't a great place even if you want to only join party in some nights. I stayed on the first floor (I think on the worst located room) and all the noise of common area were in my room! Noise was the biggest issue. Even if the party is over (2am) or if it is a day without party, there is a lot of noise. The hostel don't have rules regarding silence after party ends and should have it. I couldn't sleep well in none of the 3 nights. So I just recommend for someone who wants to party EVERYDAY...so if you plan to go to sleep @ midnight someday to get up early to enjoin the city, sorry, you probably wont have a good night.
- bed sheets were not so clean.
- do not recommend to do cambio exchange and reserve taxis in the hostel. They charge too much
-Bad wifi connection - rarely connect.
- Don't have air conditioning (they have but they turn it on rarely and when they want: so this is for me not having.We went in the winter and at some point we asked if it was possible to turn on at night for some moments but they told they would need to ask to the manager - and we didn't have it turn it on..I can imagine in summer..or better: I wish not to imagine.
- 20 pesos to borrow an adapter. I payed and returned the adapter in the check out. So expensive rate. Later I found in the corner for sell at the same price....

Good things:
-The structure is good and location is very good.
-The private room with bathroom is pretty nice, clean floor and bathroom.
- Breakfast is ok for a hostel
- Good meal to sell for lunch (beer, sandwiches, burger)

In summary I don't recommend to stay here and won't stay here again, even with some good points the bad ones are way to more representative for me - this hostel doesn't represent the travel style I enjoy: have fun and enjoy the city, culture, etc. If you want just party you will like it.

Room Tip: Don't stay in the first floors.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gabrielazwm
Reviewed 5 July 2014

My friend and I loved the daily activities offered by Milhouse - free walking tours, tango lessons, river cruises... there was something new each day. The location is very central. Breakfast is good, surrounding restaurants are not.

Room Tip: We chose a private double and we were very comfortable.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends