“Great Ribeye”
Review of Al Carbon

Al Carbon
Ranked #45 of 4,809 Restaurants in Buenos Aires
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Retiro
Essex
“Great Ribeye”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

My wife and I went here twice. The first time was much better than the first. The ribeye was the best I have ever tasted as that is their speciality. My wife had the chicken in a type of stir fry which was great the first time, but not so good the second.

• Visited March 2014

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Maracaibo, Venezuela
“Poor Service, Good Food”
Reviewed 28 February 2014

We stared with a provolone Cheese, excellent! Steak was perfect, but this clouded with the bad service received.

• Visited February 2014
“Great local experience”
Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

I had read some reviews about the place since I was staying nearby. Nonetheless I decided to give it a try and I was not disappointed. "Poor service" is relative. I never had an issue. The problem is people using different metrics. The meat was very tasty and well prepared. My medium rare was exactly as expected. I had a salad and a very good meat empanada to start with. Definitively a place to come back to.

Visited February 2014
“Good food, bad service”
Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

Came here for a lovely meal..food was excellent and average prices....until...Our waiter Federico asked us for a bigger tip!! Ruined the entire experience!

Munich, Bayern, Germany
“Bife de Lomo - wow!!!”
Reviewed 18 January 2014

If you like a good steak, that's the perfect place! We rather stumbled into the 'Al Carbon' since it's been close to our hotel. Ordered rib eye steak, which was really good. As was the wine. Four weeks and a few thousand miles across Patagonia later we decided to visit 'Al Carbon' again on our final evening in South America. This time we enjoyed 'Bife de Lomo' - it's a 10 out of 10!!!
Should have not ordered desserts, they could not keep up with the steaks (too sweet, actually... consider only if you like really, REALLY sweet stuff!)
Perfect service: observant but unobstrusive.

• Visited January 2014