“helpful staff, very dry beef”
Review of La Carranzita

La Carranzita
Ranked #4,076 of 5,392 Restaurants in Buenos Aires
Price range: US$9 - US$20
Cuisines: Argentinian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Palermo
Description: Parrilla in Palermo.
Reviewed 17 September 2012

The wait staff provided me with a sampler of various cuts of meet and organs, which wasn't even a menu choice. Very nice and accommodating. This did cost almost twice the average entree price, but was what I wanted to try.
However, the meet was dry and charted... not just well done. There was no moisture left. Very disappointing as this was my first parilla meal. The liver, blood, heart and mixture of other things was tasty.
Unfortunately, I will not be having another parilla here. Will read ,ore reviews next rime.

Reviewed 16 August 2012

Nice atmosphere, attractive restaurant and friendly English speaking staff. Our waiter explained all the different steak cuts to us. I had the ribeye and because I like my steak well done, they cut it in half to make it thin so that it cooked all the way through, my husband had the sirloin which was enormous and much more rare. While we waited for our meal, they gave us bread and olives which were complimentary. We would very happily go back.

1  Thank GWendyPen
Reviewed 27 July 2012

Service was slow and I had the Bife de Chorizo and I have never ever had a piece of meat that was so dry. I told this to an English speaking employee and he immediately offered me another steak (nice but I was done!). I had the same cut of meat earlier today at a cheap diner and it was infinitely better prepared. I honestly don't know why this place is as popular as it appears to be. I would never return due to food and service.

Reviewed 21 June 2012

The first day we decided to eat across the street due to prices being only slightly lower, and we made a huge mistake, as the food at La Carranzita was well worth paying the extra price, although the value was still very good. Their wine selection is great, the beef was up to Argentine standard, and service was truly excellent. We returned the next day for lunch! The desserts are huge as their other plates, and quite good.

Reviewed 30 March 2012

We were pleasantly surprised by this parilla. The food was excellent and good value and the staff very friendly. We took a chance on it as it was around the corner from our hotel and just didn't feel like going any further afield. We both had steak and it was very good quality and i would recommend it. We went back for our final lunch in Buenos Aires there and again it was superb.

1  Thank MartinByrne