“Standard Room in Good Recoleta Location”
Review of Intersur Recoleta

Intersur Recoleta
Ranked #137 of 444 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed 2 April 2014

While attracted by the location and airy lobby, this hotel was a bit disappointing. Service was average; reasonably responsive but not willing to do more than the minimum and pushy about imposing bell service even when told it was not necessary. The biggest disappointment was the rooms. I shared a double and it was small and shabby. The A/C is an ancient version--noisy and slow to cool the room. Breakfast service was average. Easy walk to Recoleta attractions.

Room Tip: The single rooms seemed to be better quality than the double I had.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sue G

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Stayed in this very nice hotel on our last night. The room was spacious with a very good bathroom- pity the water was only tepid forcing very quick showers. Staff were friendly and welcoming. It did have that city hotel soulless feel to it.
Dined in the restaurant for convenience,it was a little formal which was inconvenient as we were left with few clothing choices at this point and felt underdressed. The menu is a bit quirky in that the dishes are priced for two sharing, the food was good and the service excellent. It seemed that the diners were regular locals which is always a good sign.
Breakfast was extensive a tasty, but most of the people seemed to be business travelers so it was a less relaxed atmosphere.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Disappointing hotel, masquerading as a 4*. Reception staff at check in were not very friendly and there was no offer to help me to my room with my luggage. Room itself was very average and the first thing I noticed wad the horribly stained carpet. Now I don't expect hotels to change carpets at the first sight of a stain, but I do expect them to employ intensive cleaning methods to remove them. This stain was enormous and very offputting.

I spent all day out exploring the city, do could not be bothered to request a room change.

The tiles on the bath panel were coming away from the bath, also not a pleasant sight. The towels were rough and grey from years of washing. Please, when towels get to this state, kindly replace them! The room's furnishings were in themselves, fine and the room was a good size.

Breakfast was not great. Not much choice of fresh good and a heavy bias towards sweets and pastries. This may be the Argentinian way, but some variety would have been very welcome.

Two unidentified and unidentifiable men inhabit the lobby. I asked one if a taxi could be called for me and was told to speak to reception. Despite spending 4 days at the hotel, I have no idea what their roles are! Apparently not to help guests! The bellboy was however, very helpful.

This is not a BAD hotel but I am sure there will be much better ones out there and for this reason, I cannot recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Nadine1066
Reviewed 18 March 2014

The room was spacious, the staff very friendly and the location close to a number of the main attractions of Buenos Aires. If you are looking for a very comfortable place to stay, then you would do no better than to stay at the Intersur. The hotel restaurant serves very palatable food in very pleasant surroundings. We experienced a very comfortable stay and have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Hotel Intersur Recoleta has arguably the best location in Buenos Aires and is a very well appointed hotel with spacious and very comfortable rooms. We found our third floor room to be very quiet and well appointed with a truly excellent shower. Unfortunately while there are more than enough staff, the level of actual service is almost non existent. At breakfast, no coffee is poured or room numbers even checked. There were four staff seemingly working but no butter on day one; no bacon on day two, virtually no contact with guests, and stewed truly terrible coffee. Similarly, although I was the only customer on a visit to the top floor health facilities, the staff member made no effort to explain the facilities other than to say the spa wasn't working. That would appear to be pretty normal. On two visits to the bar/cafeteria where again we were the only customers, but at times three staff, we had to ask for menus, table condiments, and experienced only very average food. In our room there was a similar lack of effort from room staff with poor cleanliness such as a hearing aid battery from a previous occupant which remained on the floor for two days before we put it in the bin. The TV guide by Mar 6 was still the Feb edition.
Perhaps service levels and personal attention in Argentina are remarkably less than we experience in our country - Australia. But given its fine facilities and appointments, and excellent location, Hotel Intersur Recoleta could be really good if it concentrated on staff quality rather than staff quantity.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Hotel Intersur Recoleta is located in the heart of Recoleta, 3 blocks from the famous cemetery which is surrounded by terraced restaurants. The rooms were nice, the breakfast was good, service was excellent.
The only complaint we have about this hotel and others in Argentina and Chile, is that they do not provide face-cloths. So pack your own if you prefer to use one.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the main street, Ave Callao.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I stayed there for 5 nights (4 and then another night upon coming back from Mar del Plata).

I was extremely disappointed by the service level at this hotel, no service at all. When I arrived, the ladies at reception were not welcoming whatsoever and I had to wait for a couple of hours to get a room (which is acceptable but there are ways to inform guests in a friendly manner). I was already surprised that some of the staff preferred to openly look at Facebook instead of assisting the guests. I had booked a Junior Suite but when I eventually got my room, I had been given an Executive room. Only because I called did I then get the room I had paid for. The room size was fine, but the room itself was nothing special either even though comfortable and still had socks from the previous occupants lying there.

I asked for some dry cleaning, which I explained I would pick up on my return from a trip on my last night at the hotel. I called three times to arrange it and also wrote the details on the pick-up form. The laundry was still there when I arrived as the communication had not been passed on.

I asked the front desk to make a reservation for a taxi for a 6am departure to the airport, two days prior to the departure. I checked three times with the reception staff if it had been ordered and was told it had. I somehow had the impression that they were not checking, hence why I asked on two different days. When I arrived to get in the taxi, it was not there and had never been ordered. I eventually got one 20mn later. The guy at reception did not even apologise but told me it was not his fault so I just had to wait, in a very unfriendly tone also. And when I tried to get a taxi outside, nobody helped. Eventually the security manager came out and he was the only one who was helpful.
The young boy helping with the luggage as well as two people at reception (Ezie and a young blond lady) are friendly and attentive to the guests but this is it.

The breakfast has definitely a wide variety of products available but the quality is not good and I would recommend having fewer food items of better quality.

Upon my return from Mar del Plata, I had booked one night at the hotel. When I arrived, I was informed that I had been upgraded to a suite. I was initially pleased and the suite looked good at first sight. However, around midnight when I decided to close the bedroom door, the door handle stayed in my hand and I was locked in the room. Luckily, I could call and eventually the maintenance man came to the room and solved the issue. I did not manage to sleep after that.

In the morning before leaving, I decided to speak to the Front Desk Manager, Mr. Sarna to provide him with my feedback about the hotel and the service level. He was very apologetic and informed me he would get back to me by email. This was three weeks ago now and I still have not received anything....

The location is fantastic, in a very nice area of Recoleta. The cemetery is accessible within a 5mn walk. You can walk almost anywhere and see almost everything.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo