“Perfect boutique hotel buenos aires”
Review of Mio Buenos Aires

Mio Buenos Aires
Ranked #18 of 445 Hotels in Buenos Aires
glasgow
“Perfect boutique hotel buenos aires”
Reviewed 15 December 2011

Open only 8 months this hotel was a wonderful discovery on a recent trip to Buenos Aires. On arrival tucked away in one of the busy streets in upmarket Recoleta is an imposing double vaulted wooden front door. This sets the tone for the hotel immediately. Discreet and stylish with the most friendly helpful staff I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough.  Beautifully designed, chic, modern and spacious comfortable rooms with a carved wooden bath in the middle of the bedroom and a tiny balcony overlooking the street we found it a welcome respite from the hustle and bustle of the city. The bed was very comfortable and the spa pool on the 8th floor was a wonderful place to unwind at the end of the day. The breakfasts were outstanding with freshly squeezed orange juice, freshly baked croissants, breads and cakes, fresh fruit and yoghurt as well as a cooked breakfast. The staff are outstanding and accommodating serving us 1/2hour earlier than their starting time so we could eat before leaving to catch an early flight.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank FlaneurTC

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Korean first
Venezuela
Reviewed 30 November 2011

A friend of mine, who has traveled to BSAS many times, recommended MIO BUENOS AIRES based on an email invitation he received. I was planning a weekend escape for my wife b-day, and booked a couple of nights there! Wow, what a pleasant surprise it was!! The room was perfect! A wooden bathtub in the room (first I thought a llitle odd), but then when I used it, changed my mind...
Location, Location, location.... It couldn't be better! In the middle of Recoleta! Near bars, restaurants, shops, antiques, etc.
Service was superb! They know you by name...being a small boutique hotel.
Since I mixed business and pleasure i during this trip, I stayed also at the Marriott and the Four Seasons. After the first night at this hotels, I wanted to go back to the MIO!!!! I can't wait to go back to Buenos Aires to stay there again...
Breakfast was plentiful and varied (included in my fare). The other restaurant did no try (but been told that it was very nice).
If you're a wine fan as me...visit nearby wine store, Le Choix du Vins at Posadas street. Just a couple of blocks away from the hotel. The best wine store in town.
Regards,
Rick

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kanoa1030
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 November 2011

I chose Mio Buenos Aires mainly for its location, as I was getting married in the Basílica del Pilar and wanted to get ready and spend the night nearby.

As our style is not in line with other hotels' in the area such as the Alvear Palace, we were looking for somewhere more modern but still luxurious and Mio Buenos Aires fit the bill perfectly. We booked it online from the UK and popped in to check that our booking was OK one day while we were in the area. It was hard to find as the entrance is a little understated despite the double-height wooden door (people in the vicinity were not familiar with it as it opened last April).

The staff were very helpful, and Mariano, the Front Desk Manager, organised an upgrade for us when we mentioned we'd be spending our wedding night there.

Our suite on the 5th floor was simply stunning. Having stayed in many 4 and 5-star hotels on business and holiday, it was superior to many European luxury hotels. Not only was our room spacious, it was also tastefully decorated and had a balcony overlooking Avenida Quintana. But the wow factor was provided by the wooden bath: one of the things that had attracted us to the hotel in the first place, it was simply a work of art. Everyone who came into the room commented on it!

I was pleasantly surprised to see macaroons at breakfast, and after enquiring I was told they were made by their own pastry chef daily.

I would definitely recommend it!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Cieguilla
Orlando
Reviewed 26 September 2011

Very nice hotel in great BA neighborhood! Interesting room design with open concept bathroom and large tub between sleeping area and balcony. My wife loved it. Would be weird for a family but fine for a couple. Great service and wonderful staff. We payed $325 and felt we got great value.

• Stayed September 2011
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 19 September 2011

We found this hotel by chance and it only had 6 reviews but they were all five stars and the location was right so we thought we would give it a try.

It was the best part of our trip. The room was great, expensive for Buenos Aires, but definitely worth the extra money. It had all of the amenities we americans are used to. The staff was very accommodating and the rooms were really great.

I just wish this hotel was here in the states so I could stay there more often.

Room Tip: Make sure you request a room with a wood tub. It was very cool.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 11 August 2011

Excellent location, excellent rooms which really are 5 star. Very friendly and helpful staff. The hotel also has an excellent Bar, where the staff make excellent cocktails. Try to get Santiago to make them for you if he is working. A talented bartender.
The hotel is in an excellent and central location, where you feel very safe walking the streets.
I would recomend this hotel to family and friends and anyone who visits Bueno Aires

Room Tip: If you can book the MIO Suite, it is wonderful!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 26 June 2011

I highly recommend this boutique hotel, especially by sympathy. The rooms are nicely decorated . We stayed in two suites: one with a large terrace, no view, but with a beautiful bath. And another on the top floor, duplex where the bathroom has more privacy-which is very important.
It is well located for sightseeing. It has a great omelet for breakfast and coffee. The reception could be more cozy and beautiful, as the rooms are much nicer. There are some beautiful butterflies steel on the restaurant terrace.
The most interesting of the rooms for me is: the cheaper rooms are so beautiful and good as more expensive. (I asked to see the standard rooms) Unlike most 5 star hotels.
I only found out that room services was available on the last day. It was excellent!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lluviaxlluvia
miobuenosaires, Gerente at Mio Buenos Aires, responded to this review, 4 July 2011
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for taking your time to write a review of the hotel. This sure will help us to improve our overall experience for our guests.
Glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and you were able to appreciate all of the little things that makes this hotel special.
We hope to have you back as a guest again at any time soon.
Best wishes,