“Grand Scale”

Ranked #57 of 445 Hotels in Buenos Aires
No fixed abode
“Grand Scale”
Reviewed 9 January 2013

We only stayed the one night but it was enough to really enjoy this grand hotel.

Checking in was simplicity itself and within moments of completing the registration card we were taken up to our room overlooking the main boulevard. That was a bonus as we had arrived at 11:00 and check-in wasn’t officially until 14:00.

The room was huge and very comfortable with a high ceiling and plenty of space. Indeed, we’ve stayed in smaller apartments.

A large double bed with good linen and pillows, flat screen TV and enough English speaking channels (although the picture was not the best quality), plus air conditioning, free in-room wi-fi, mini bar and enough storage space to house the global debt. One of the wardrobes housed the large than standard safe which could readily accept our laptop and other valuables.

The bathroom was equally as impressive with a big walk in shower cubicle, WC, basin and bidet, plus good quality towels and free toiletries.

Both rooms were spotlessly clean.

It was peaceful and comfortable and we had a very pleasant stay, with the hotel even looking after two of our bags as we travelled on through Argentina.

Staff were excellent, many spoke good English and we would readily recommend staying here for business or pleasure.

NOTE: We booked without breakfast but it was on offer and check out is a very early 10:00.

As usual feel free to drop us a line or checkout our Blog site (see profile for details) or Google “ktelontour” for more info, tips and pictures.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ktelontour

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 11 September 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night before flying back to SCL and on to SYD. There was no one around and we had to struggle throu door with luggage. The check in was slow and muddled and we then had to go back down to reception to retrieve our bags as bell boy was not around and we waited in room 30 mins. The rooms are very clean and comfortable and their is price value but I prefer to pay more and have more home comforts.

Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Drjamieb
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 8 September 2012

This hotel is the best one I have stayed in thus far! I travel frequently and have to say that Scala Hotel in Buenos Aires was impeccable. They have the cleanest rooms I have ever seen. The staff was so helpful and accommodating. I was sick the last day and they brought me a glass of warm water, lemon and honey, I felt special. Everyone in the hotel is friendly and courteous. I even meet the owner, when I asked her for a store to buy something she went above and beyond & was kind enough to take me there. I have never received that kind of service. This is the hotel everyone needs to stay in when in Buenos Aires! I am recommending it to all my friends and can't wait to return. The rooms and breakfast were tremendous!!! On a scale of 1-10 I give it a 10 on all aspects. It is better to change currency in the hotel you get a better rate.

Room Tip: room was perfect, I was in the 8th floor.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank RosieMendez
Tann, Germany
Reviewed 10 July 2012

I stayed two seperate nights at the scala and I really liked it. The rooms were clean and pretty big. The food I had was great. The Internet worked good for me. The breakfast is something to be seen. You feel like you have to try it all but you realize pretty soon that you won t make it.
The only downside was that I had to pay another half day because I did not leave until 5 pm. My flight back home didn´t leave before 9 pm. But, that was okay, better than beeing outside in 5°C.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank andiv82
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 22 May 2012

We have stayed for a week at this magnificent hotel located in the core of Buenos Aires. Walking distance to San Telmo (don't miss having dinner 6 blocks away at La Brigrada), the Obelisco, and down-town Buenos Aires.
The continental breakfast is superb with both North American and Argentinean style.
The service is second to none at the restaurant, front desk and room cleaning.
The price was extremely competitive giving that they are still under construction.
We have truly enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: It would be a great addition when the swimming pool is finished. In the meantime travelers will have...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Silvia D
Co Durham
Reviewed 14 May 2012

I booked this hotel as a treat at the end of a stay in BA. The hotel is a 4 star and has a stunning lobby and dining area. The rooms have just been refurbished and were large, fairly quiet (it was a front room), and a wonderful bathroom. The shower was so big it could fit a family all at the same time.

The staff were great and spoke English. They were very helpful and even let us look around a few rooms before we booked. Breakfast was delicious and included eggs, pastries, bread, a choice of meat and cheese, fruit, yoghurt, coffee, and a good range of teas. The croissants were the best I have ever tasted and were obviously fresh and made on site. There is parking available.

The hotel is located on the edge of San Telmo and gives access to all of the sites and cafes and restaurants in the area. It is right next to the Indepencia Subte station and only a 15 minute walk to the Obelisk and the Casa Rosada but because it is away from the centre, it is a much more relaxed place to stay. Recommended for a treat.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Trinidad
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Honestly I did not expect the Hotel to be this good and well maintained - equivalent to a five star Hotel. Location is good - near the Subte service (Ave Independicia)
Staff were very friendly