“Lovely hotel in a quiet location”

Scala Hotel Buenos Aires
Ranked #53 of 442 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed 11 February 2013

This hotel was great, and the rooms very clean. The location was central enough and close to two subway lines although still a little bit of a walk to visit areas such as San Telmo, Recoleta, and Puerto Madero. However in saying that we still managed to walk everywhere! BA is a huge city so everything is quite spread out and when we stayed (between xmas and new years) the city was quite quiet so it could be a little daunting walking home at night from dinner sometimes as it was eerily quiet at some points. It never felt dangerous, however as a female I wouldnt have chosen to walk the areas alone. The hotel itself though was great, very clean, breakfast was good and rooms were very spacious. The reception staff were friendly although not overly helpful so if seeking tourist advice you may need to look elsewhere! One more thing - they do claim to allow guests to share a pool with another local hotel - but please note that hotel is 20 mins drive away - in fact the reception staff did not even know where exactly it was!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Backpacker100

Reviewed 23 January 2013

A great hotel sityated close to all areas.
Everywhere pretty much in walking distance.
Clean room every day
No flash mod cons but spacious and clean which is the main thing.
On arrival our room was in disrepair and the front desk immediately ensured we were moved to a better room.
Definitely one to recommend for putting your head down.

One downside was gym thatis advertised was not in use and we had read this from soem months before. Check first if you need the gym.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 January 2013

Positive; Service was good and friendly from the staff that speaks well English. We were 6 adults 4 children for 3 nights,we all got rooms next to each other.well taken care of, good free wifi in rooms, 1 room had a bathtub and 2 rooms had showers.We could check out later from one of our rooms.Cleaning is well.very close to a metro line, we had view to 9 of July street which is great.great price ( approx 1500 peso for 3 nights for a double room, without breakfast). It's located in San Telmo area,one of the oldest of the city.approx 20 min walk to the pink palace.
Negative; not able to check in early, a hassle with 4 small kids that's been flying for 12 hrs. Breakfast was not incl. in our price, and we had to pay 15 us dollar pr person if we wanted breakfast.gym is not ready jet,so three old instruments are place in a small room. My boyfriend complained of noise from street, but I slept good. We stayed in 4 floor.

Room Tip: High floor that overlook 9 of July avenue.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank shakypaky
Reviewed 9 January 2013

We only stayed the one night but it was enough to really enjoy this grand hotel.

Checking in was simplicity itself and within moments of completing the registration card we were taken up to our room overlooking the main boulevard. That was a bonus as we had arrived at 11:00 and check-in wasn’t officially until 14:00.

The room was huge and very comfortable with a high ceiling and plenty of space. Indeed, we’ve stayed in smaller apartments.

A large double bed with good linen and pillows, flat screen TV and enough English speaking channels (although the picture was not the best quality), plus air conditioning, free in-room wi-fi, mini bar and enough storage space to house the global debt. One of the wardrobes housed the large than standard safe which could readily accept our laptop and other valuables.

The bathroom was equally as impressive with a big walk in shower cubicle, WC, basin and bidet, plus good quality towels and free toiletries.

Both rooms were spotlessly clean.

It was peaceful and comfortable and we had a very pleasant stay, with the hotel even looking after two of our bags as we travelled on through Argentina.

Staff were excellent, many spoke good English and we would readily recommend staying here for business or pleasure.

NOTE: We booked without breakfast but it was on offer and check out is a very early 10:00.

As usual feel free to drop us a line or checkout our Blog site (see profile for details) or Google “ktelontour” for more info, tips and pictures.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ktelontour
Reviewed 11 September 2012

Stayed here for 1 night before flying back to SCL and on to SYD. There was no one around and we had to struggle throu door with luggage. The check in was slow and muddled and we then had to go back down to reception to retrieve our bags as bell boy was not around and we waited in room 30 mins. The rooms are very clean and comfortable and their is price value but I prefer to pay more and have more home comforts.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Drjamieb
Reviewed 8 September 2012

This hotel is the best one I have stayed in thus far! I travel frequently and have to say that Scala Hotel in Buenos Aires was impeccable. They have the cleanest rooms I have ever seen. The staff was so helpful and accommodating. I was sick the last day and they brought me a glass of warm water, lemon and honey, I felt special. Everyone in the hotel is friendly and courteous. I even meet the owner, when I asked her for a store to buy something she went above and beyond & was kind enough to take me there. I have never received that kind of service. This is the hotel everyone needs to stay in when in Buenos Aires! I am recommending it to all my friends and can't wait to return. The rooms and breakfast were tremendous!!! On a scale of 1-10 I give it a 10 on all aspects. It is better to change currency in the hotel you get a better rate.

Room Tip: room was perfect, I was in the 8th floor.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank RosieMendez
Reviewed 10 July 2012

I stayed two seperate nights at the scala and I really liked it. The rooms were clean and pretty big. The food I had was great. The Internet worked good for me. The breakfast is something to be seen. You feel like you have to try it all but you realize pretty soon that you won t make it.
The only downside was that I had to pay another half day because I did not leave until 5 pm. My flight back home didn´t leave before 9 pm. But, that was okay, better than beeing outside in 5°C.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business