All reviewssan telmomain boulevardreception staffmini barfew blocksthree nightssouth americacasa rosadawithin easy walking distancechilliindependenciawifiboilersubwayavsubteminibar
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I enjoyed my stay at Hotel Scala, it was suitably located, courteous and ready to help staff and the hotel was affordably priced. I also loved the fact that the hotel was easily accessible by road, bus transport and subway. It is also close to the EZE international airport. close to tourists sites, I catch a view of the Obelisco from my room window, the university sits just opposite my room, porteo Madero is closeby and the San Telmo market is just behind. Florida street is also not far off. i spent weeks here and it was worth it

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kayode Y
Diego S, Director Comercial at Scala Hotel Buenos Aires, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for choosing Scala Hotel for your stay at Buenos Aires! We are pleased to read that you enjoyed our infrastructure and service. We will look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Sincerely,

Reviewed 18 July 2013

I've spent 10 days in Buenos Aires for businees reasons and my agent book this hotel for me considering it well located for me.
It was. Very close to mrt station, walking distance from business city and at the same same time quite well located for local attraction expecially if you are willing to take a taxi.
Common areas and room are simple but clean.
Restaturant does not offer big choises but anyway hotel consierge can suggest you any kind of restaurant nearby located.
Overall good money for value.
Gymnasium was under rennovation at my time and this actually was my biggest dissapoint... Anyway, not a big trouble, hope now it's well renewed.
Surounding looks ok, you are not in the core of the movida of course... But it can be manage if you are there for business.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank MaxSing
Diego S, Director Comercial at Scala Hotel Buenos Aires, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are glad to know our hotel fulfilled your expectations, and we do hope you come back in the future not only for work but for vacations as well! Best regards,

Reviewed 28 June 2013

The Scala hotel in Buenos Aires is a very good choice.
The reservations office works very good, friendly people and effective work.
Rooms are spacious and very comfortable. Good restaurant, breakfast is good and has many choices and good service.
A month after departure, I had to ask for a copy of my invoice, it took just a couple of hour to get it by email.
The infrastructure and service of the hotel are similar to a higher level hotel but keeping a good value.
I will definitely stay again while visiting Buenos Aires.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank JuanCSilva
Diego S, Director Comercial at Scala Hotel Buenos Aires, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

Dear Guest, Thank you so much for your important feedback and for your preference. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed our infrastructure and service. We will look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Sincerely,

Reviewed 15 May 2013

If you want a modern 4**** hotel with the absolute best price/quality rate, look no further. SCALA is the place. You pay a very low price for what they offer, unbeatable in Buenos Aires as far as I know (and it´s my job to know).

It starts with the modern building, right on the impressive Avenida 9 de Julio, where the bellboy awaits to take your luggage when you leave your taxi. The lobby is very spacious and everything looks in tip-top condition. Checking in is fast and professional and the 3 elevators are modern and big enough for two or three persons with luggage. That may seem normal to the average traveller, but then you don´t know Buenos Aires hotels :)

Room is very spacious, especially if you opt for a superior room (only a few dollars more per night, really wordth the extra). If you´re on the frontside, do keep in mind that there will be some traffic noise, even though the windows are double glass. Bathroom is ok, with the basic amenities and, as always in Argentina, a bidet. Bathtub is a normal size, water pressure is very good.

After a good night sleep you´ll go down to the lobby where you´ll find the breakfast area. And this is maybe even the best part of the experience, the breakfast is huge and with good variation, even some scrambled eggs (although I didn´t try them). Coffee is pretty ok too, but that´s always a personal taste.

Only minor drawback maybe is the location. It´s on Avenida 9 de Julio, wich is perfect, but just a bit far "south", you´re on the edge of San Telmo. Personally, I´m not a big fan of San Telmo, but if that barrio is your thing, you´ll love the location. There are always taxis passing by the hotel and the underground (Subte) station Independencia of the C-line is right next door.

In all, a very good stay for a perfect price, highly recommended if you want some luxury for your buck.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter ofcourse, but miss the view to the hectic Avenida 9 de Julio.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank Tipica_Travel
Diego S, Director General at Scala Hotel Buenos Aires, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your review and sharing your experience with us. We do appreciate your comments regarding the facilities as well as our service. We are looking forward to welcoming you back at Scala Hotel Buenos Aires. Sincerely,

Reviewed 12 April 2013

Yeah both.

See if you are a) you will pay less (by far) and you'll get better service. So you'll probably like this hotel, unless your priority is service. If you're from Bs As and are visiting, or from other provinces, approach with caution and do your research, there are better options nearby.Read on.

Service is Argentina like: either really great or non existant. This will be random so you might get a 100% great experience or you will encounter some bumps here in there. It depends on who gets your email,who is in the reception desk,etc,etc. For 4 stars I expect consistency,you won't get it here .

If you're from BsAs or Argentina in general you'll be treated with familiarity which can turn into a lack of good service, if you let them feel comfortable with that. You'll also pay more in dollars, I recommend booking with a foreign site as a minimum.

On the other hand, this hotel has excellent rooms, you'll love them. Pick one of the top floor rooms,they're bigger and you'll enjoy the view. Noise isolation is decent, but you are in front of one of the major avenues,so don't expect cemetery like silence. Everything is clean too.

If you plan on using wifi,pray its not holiday day in Argentina,and that your room is near one of the better hotspots. When it works it's great, but I had to literally jump between access points to be able to maintain an stable connection. Also no Ethernet, if you care about that. Service on holidays is spotty,not enough staff to cover demand I guess. But I'm not getting a discount so....

Oh the gym. Wait no "Fitness Center". Ok, they don't have any,they are building it on the top floor, but meanwhile there is just a small room (half the size of your room), with a tradmill, a tv and a fan on the floor (?). If you care about this, go elsewhere.

I would return if a) service is better and more consistent b) cheaper

I rate it 3.5 stars.