“A great stay”
Review of Hotel Bys Palermo

Hotel Bys Palermo
Ranked #64 of 443 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We booked this hotel last minute as our other plans fell apart. The staff where very helpful and kind. The room was large and clean. The locations was also good. The only thing i would be able to comment on was that the breakfast was very plain.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

Good hotel with big rooms which are nicely furnished. It is in Palermo, but quite a distance from Plaza Serrano and Armenia requiring a taxi for most journeys - taxis are cheap and plentiful...usually $3 or so each way.

I had a serious issue with the charges on my room however. One morning a friend of mine from Buenos Aires joined me for breakfast. My hotel voucher clearly states 'rate includes breakfast for 2 people'. I was challenged by the server that only 1 person was on his list for breakfast, so I showed him my voucher. I heard no more of it. I had a rushed check out the next day as I was running late for my taxi and it was only 3 days later when I was throwing away my invoice that I saw I had been charged 90 pesos (about $12) for an extra breakfast!!

Simply unacceptable charges, service, and communication!!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank journeyman29
Reviewed 5 February 2014

We missed our returnflight to Dusseldorf. A friend advised us Bys and we are thankful. A great triple room, perfect service and breakfast. We enjoyed our 3 days delay in Palermo and at the pool. Restaurants and (outlet)Shops are nearby.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank wimmuller
Reviewed 4 February 2014

We had just come off a long flight from Cairo and were overjoyed to reach hotel bys. The room was beautiful, comfortable and had all we needed. I used the gym that is just a treadmill, bike and free weights. Everything you need. The room was very spacious and had a sink,mini bar fridge and counter. The breakfast was amazing. We ate so much we didn't need lunch. Fresh fruit, breads, cakes, yoghurt, juices, cut meats and cheese, scrambled eggs...I could go on. : ). The front front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay again.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank CHEAPOTRAVELLER
Reviewed 26 November 2013

When our flight was canceled we were forced to scramble for a hotel, and ended up here. The manager would not give us the internet rate over the phone so we had to book online (while standing outside) on bookings.com...but it all worked out. Clean, bright, nice rooms, spacious, friendly staff. But it couldn't hold a candle to our first hotel in terms of personal and caring service. No ability for early checkin or late checkout, and we missed breakfast due to early flight, so this was basically just a crash pad for us. Adequate, no complaints, but nothing memorable here.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RachelR
Reviewed 6 November 2013

We stayed for 6 nights. Room was spacious, at back of hotel overlooking car park. Beds were extremely comfortable. Room was very clean and housekeeping really good. There was a little noise from nearby rooms but nothing problematic.
Breakfast was excellent, very fresh, always plenty of food available - cold continental plus scrambled eggs, bread was nice, fruit was always great. Staff at breakfast very nice.
Internet worked well in room apart from last day when it was down in whole hotel for a while.
We liked the neighbourhood and walked most places but metro is only 10 mins away. Palermo Soho is lovely, great cafes, restaurants, shops and ice cream parlours. We particularly liked Bartola Cafe and Calden del Soho restaurant, both a 10-15 min walk away. The cheap and cheerful restaurant nearly next door was good too.
All in all a nice place to stay, the only thing lacking was that it's slightly sterile with not much atmosphere.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Louise M
Reviewed 16 May 2013

Spent two weeks in the Bys.

Pro: Front desk was very helpful and friendly as were the rest of the staff. The room was large and the bed very comfortable. The shower and the toilet worked well and the bathroom is equipped with a bidet. The hotel is located between the red and the green subway, each in 10 minutes walking distance. Nice restaurant and pharmacy around the corner. The breakfast buffet was good, it only lacked "exprimido" (freshly squeezed orange juice).

Con: The room is a little clairaudient, we heard our neighbours coming back late at night several times. There's a little fitness area but it features only very basic equipment, don't expect anything big. Sometimes there were hairs on the bathroom floor after it had been cleaned. They might have come from the fresh towels. In general the place was very clean though! The internet in the room was a little slow.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple