“I love it there”

Neighbourhood: Recoleta
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“I love it there”
Reviewed 3 December 2012

Cosy, very small, home made food, always meet a firend, good price, perfect location. I cannot dislike it. whenever i am close to it and have the chance to have a quick dinner, I choose La Olla de Felix.

Visited February 2012

Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“Resting on its laurels”
Reviewed 22 November 2012 via mobile

This is a cozy restaurant in upmarket Recoleta, the decor is very good and there aren't many tables so you would expect good quality.
I was celebrating my birthday with friends and I was disappointed at the quality of the food on offer. My friends' kidneys and rice were chopped up to thinly that the flavour was lost, my ravioli and estofado was barely warm, the bread was as hard as a rock. To top it all they don't accept credit or debit cards. We left before deserts and told the owner the bread was stale: his reply was that you should have asked to have it changed. Surely you don't expect this from a restaurant that was obviously good but has now become too complacent.
I don't think I'll be returning any time soon. .

Northland
“Perfect lunch after touring french inspired BA”
Reviewed 24 October 2012

We had just finished a guided walking tour of Retiro, Recoleta and the cemetery given by Buenos Tours and decided to try La Olla de Felix for lunch because it was french, near the end of our tour and our hotel, Miravida Soho had recommended it. It was the perfect experience. Even though we were tourists happening into a very local cafe, we felt welcomed by Felix and his staff. Yes it is true the door is locked and you have to wait to be let in, but we felt welcomed all the same. I had the best cous cous tangine I had had in years and the ensaladilla ave was terrific as well. For a country with quite a wine history, the offerings are a bit weak, but this did not detract. The restaurant is beautifully decorated and in keeping with the southern french food on offer. The menu is written on a mirror in silver pen and also explained at the table. Very good value for money.

• Visited October 2012
San Diego, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,410 helpful votes
“Consistently great food and friendly service...great atmosphere...”
Reviewed 16 October 2012

I've only been here a few times. I last came here about 1.5 years ago. I had a friend in town and I wanted to bring him here as I love the quaint and private atmosphere.

He really loved it. The few times I've come here it's always just been locals. No tourists.

It's funny how every time they let a customer in or out they lock the doors. I'm not sure if this is for safety. The area is VERY safe but it almost has an exclusive or very private feel to it.

They have some daily specials on a board outside and on the wall. No menus.

My friend and I weren't too hungry as we've been eating big meals at night. I got the risotto with wild mushrooms and it was really great. My friend got a beef dish but it was a big portion. I didn't know they have half portions so keep that in mind.

The owners actually looked offended that my friend didn't finish his meal. She commented that they have half portions but I never knew this. He didn't finish for a lack of it being good...he just wasn't too hungry.

It's a must visit place if you're in Recoleta. Highly recommended for the food and atmosphere and great staff.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank saintba
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Cozy and delicius!!!!”
Reviewed 10 September 2012

I went to this place several times cause I love it!!!!
The food is wonderful homemade and full of flavors.
Félix is always at the place making shure everyone is having great time, Tere, Juampa and Alcira will be your perfect hosts aswell!!!
Dont miss it!