“Very good cost-benefit, recommended” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Uno Buenos Aires Suites
Ranked #133 of 450 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Sao Paulo, SP
“Very good cost-benefit, recommended”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2012

The rooms are indeed very large, and the whole structure is very recent, creating a very cozy experience. Both the air and water heating are very good - depending on which season you go, this is very important. The breakfast is okay, with a few but tasty breads and cereals, and depending on the time of the day it's a bit difficult to get a table. We didn't had any problems with the staff, but then again we hadn't needed them too much - we've just asked for a few informations in spanish and for a cab once, and we were nicely answered. The location is also very good - it's very close to the subway, supermarkets, good restaurants, etc.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank andremanoel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2012

Had a huge room with massive bed which was wonderful. This modern hotel is located near Congreso and within reasonable walking distance of the main avenue. I found the staff on reception during the daytime very helpful, I had them phoning and checking availability for tango shows, restaurants all the time and they always helped and were courteous, making bookings where necessary. One big disappointment was the breakfast, badly managed and inadequate. I understood that this was a new service and it definitely needs improving. I used the laundry service but although clean my clothes lacked that nice freshly laundered smell, which made we wonder how they'd been washed!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
San Jose, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2011

We recently stayed at this new hotel in the city center. The rooms were very nice but the guy at the front desk is very rude. He is young and arrogant and has no place in the service industry. We asked him if he could call to confirm our Tango show reservation we had made online. He told my friend he couldn't help her and then I went down to ask for his help in Spanish. I asked if he could just call and make us a new reservation. He told me there was no way I was going to get in if I hadn't received a confirmation and that the show had already started. I asked him to please just call the place and he wouldn't. Then I asked him to call a cab and he avoided doing that as well.

We grabbed a cab on our own, went to the tango show, explained we hadn't received a confirmation and got VIP treatment. they set up up for dinner and gave us the second table back from the center stage. They felt bad that we got jerked around and took care of us.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank vixette
Saltnes, Norway
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2011

Stayed in the hotel 2 nights in November 2011. The hotel is new so rooms are good and clean. The staff on the other hand is horrible. No system or service at all. If you plan to stay so make sure you have your booking confirmation with you. No restaurant or breakfast facilities at the hotel.
They lost my rucksack during storage, and no assistance was offered even when they new I lost my prescription glasses, and medicines.......

Suggest to look for another option

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Sydney
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2011

Rooms are large and modern, bedding excellent. There are lots of basic restaurants and cafes on the street and grocery stores in local area to stock up the bar fridge.

Arrived at 4pm. Half hour wait to get into room, told it would be 5 minutes. After that I was told the suite I'd booked wasn't available. I was too tired to argue.

Housekeeping forgot to make up my room when I'd been out all day.

Internet patchy.Water pressure low in shower. The booking said there was an ironing board and, tea making and safe in room, there wasn't.

Room Tip: Superior room was very large but didn't have good furniture in it.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank MacDave
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2011

The hotel is really nice and its just 1 block from the Congreso Square, steps away from the subway and no more than 2 blocks away from nice restaurants and cafes. The staff is very friendly and attentive. The room is really big with a nice king size bed. The two things I didn’t like are that the room didn’t have a safe and that the Hotel doesn’t include breakfast. But like I said, you have great cafes and restaurants near.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple